When choosing a stretch ceiling is necessary to rely on premises characteristics Stretch ceilings are firmly in our lives. Perhaps every person who made repairs in their homes, are thinking of installing a stretch ceiling. As many think, what kind of a stretch ceiling should choose matte or glossy, what are their fundamental differences, what properties they possess. Let's try to understand what are the advantages of one type over the other ceilings.
Types of suspended ceilings
Before turning to the question of the choice between glossy and matte textured ceiling coatings, should understand the variety of types of suspended ceilings. In fact, the number of invoices for ceilings, pretty impressive. Therefore, it is possible that you do not have to choose between matte and glossy ceiling.
Materials for ceilings are of two types: fabric or PVC fabric. The first is traditionally frosted. The choice of fabric on the ceiling may be made only of color and pattern. But PVC fabrics have a wide range of possible textures.
Glossy ceiling doubles the amount of light that is reflected from the chandeliers or other devices
Among the most popular textures of PVC film release:
- Gloss. This is the best way to visually enlarge the room. Dark reflective gloss has properties comparable with a mirror coating.
- Satine. This material also has reflective properties, but it scatters light rather than reflecting it. Its sleek structure looks respectable and stylish in almost any interior.
- Matt texture. Imitation perfectly smooth whitewash or paint - it's a dream come true for many adherents of traditional interior. Matte PVC ceiling - it's inexpensive, beautiful and reliable
- Metallic. This extravagant option is ideal not all styles. But in conjunction with the directions of minimalism and high-tech style metallic ceiling will look luxurious.
- Suede or velvet. This canvas is covered with fine bristles. Creates an atmosphere of comfort and warmth very gently diffuses light.
- A transparent film for decoration. The transparent film is used as a second layer, covering the lighting devices or patterns on the first level. A great way to make an original ceiling design.
Among all the possible textures of PVC fabrics is gloss is the most popular texture.
Fabric matte or glossy ceilings: differences and advantages
Classic matt ceiling fabric attracts many, but is incomparable shine PVC decorative and functional element of the interior. So what should be selected and in what cases preference may fall on one or another type of ceiling cover?
Stretch ceilings are similar in their ability to hide the irregularities of the ceiling, as well as svetoorganizatsii system. Durability suspended ceilings is also common to different textures. But some properties are distinguished by bright matte fabric PVC-gloss.
Be careful, as incorrectly selected lights can melt the film
ceilings contrast fabric and PVC is as follows:
- Tissue ceilings not tolerate moisture and absorb vapors and odors. Therefore, for the kitchen and bathroom tissue is undesirable to use. The film is easily withstand moisture and flavors of the cuisine, so suitable for installation in almost any room.
- PVC can not withstand too high and too low temperatures. The rooms that have a risk of freezing to install PVC will not work as well with lighting fixtures have to be careful. The fabric in this respect completely unpretentious.
- These paintings vary care. Glossy fabric requires to wipe special means in order to avoid divorce, same fabric ceilings should be washed very carefully, it is desirable to bring to this end professionals. If the ceiling there was a spot, be sure to call the Cleaning Service. Self-cleaning can ruin the ceiling.
- And of course appearance. Matt ceiling is characterized by its traditional, although a variety of colors allows you to experiment in this area, but these experiments can not be compared with the effect that produces catchy accentual gloss, which makes the ceiling a deep, bright and attractive.
Choose ceiling, paying attention to the future of the receptacle of the suspension design, as well as to your taste and your family's tastes.
What better ceiling, glossy or matte: consumer reviews
Customer Reviews stipulate that useless to argue about taste, so both types of ceilings confidently compete in the market. It is important to determine what the ceiling is right for you, so that later do not be disappointed in the selection.
Matt ceiling brings great temperature differences in the room
Reviews real buyers of suspended ceilings:
- "We really like our mat ceiling. I just wipe it with a damp cloth, and it looks like new again. With a shiny surface More fuss, so I'm glad we decided to do just brushed the ceiling. "Natalia.
- "We made the ceilings throughout the apartment. Color Gloss creates a festive and cheerful atmosphere! All frightened us weld, for now, we have forgotten about it, because it is completely invisible. "Family Sokolov.
- "We once had a flood! From the top floor and poured water not know what we would do without tension ceiling! PVC can really hold a lot of water. Wizards quickly arrived and eliminated this trouble. Now everything is new. "Nikolai
Basically, the choice of glossy or matte ceiling depends on taste. If bright irritates you, it is not recommended to select gloss.
Alternative solution: satin ceiling
If you have not been able to decide which suits you the ceiling, matt or glossy, it is proposed to consider the option of satin ceiling. Satin ceiling allows to combine the winning basic properties of matte and glossy surfaces.
The main factor that distinguishes satin ceiling among others - the presence of a light pearlescent shade
What are the distinctive features have satin ceilings:
- soft light reflection;
- change in appearance depending on the color and light intensity;
- the effect is almost brushed the ceiling under white blur illumination;
- easy care.
Satin surface selected fans refined simplicity and unobtrusive ornamental elements.
Matt and gloss ceilings (video)
Suspended ceiling - a beautiful, convenient and secure ceiling structure, which will allow to realize your fantasies. Gloss - is the symbol of the bright, festive life, fun and exotic. Satin and matt coatings create a cozy atmosphere, hearth, peace and quiet. Be sure of your preferences and choice will be obvious!
Glossy and matte ceiling in the interior (photo)