The ceilings of plastic panels moisture resistant, safe for health and dolgovechnyOformit ceilings of plastic panels will not be difficult. Installation can be done by yourself, but you can seek help from professionals. When installing the ceiling important to strictly follow the instructions, then it will pass quickly, and the design and quality will last for many years. The ceilings of plastic panels have good characteristics: they are moisture resistant, safe for health, longevity. A large selection of colors and textures will pick the perfect option that will fit harmoniously into the design space. When you select should pay attention to the quality of materials.
Plastic panels for the ceiling: the device and distinctive features
Plastic panels are made of a material having the name of polyvinyl chloride. This material has a number of advantages over other materials. A wide range of panels allows to easily choose the right cover for the ceiling.
Ceiling panels are light and flexible, so their installation is necessary to exercise considerable accuracy
Plastic panels are divided into wall and ceiling. It is important not to mix them in the selection and installation. Wall panels are different from the ceiling of their rigidity, they are heavier and denser. Ceiling panels lighter and more flexible. When installed should show a considerable accuracy, because any wrong move could lead to their failure.
Plastic has differences in color, texture, imitating various structures. The panels can be wood, marble and other popular forms of imitation. A large number of species represented in the known construction Leroy Merlin store.
The texture of the plastic panels
- Matt. White matte cover look stylish and beautiful. It costs less than glossy. It can be used in any type of rooms: hall, living room, kitchen, bathroom.
- Glossy. It has reflective properties, which allows to cover them in a room with low ceilings for the purpose of visual expansion space.
The glossy surface of the ceiling will increase the space visually
The operation of the plastic panels are very convenient and are characterized by a large number of positive properties.
- Not afraid of the effect of various chemical elements with the proviso that there is at room temperature.
- Not afraid of water and vapor. The material is not afraid of leaks and flooding.
- Not afraid of high temperature. The material starts to melt at a temperature of 80 degrees.
Plastic panels are not afraid of moisture and fumes
Install plastic panels can be in the premises with any humidity and temperature conditions. The ceiling can be washed with soap and water or other non-corrosive materials.
How to calculate the size of the plastic panels for the ceiling
When choosing panels is important to pay attention to size. It is important to calculate and pick the correct width and the amount of material.
Common sizes of panels:
- The transverse length - 5 - 10 cm .;
- Width - 25 - 50 cm .;
- Length - 2.7 - 3 m.
The panel should be chosen after the floor area will be calculated, which will make repairs.
To calculate the number of panels required is necessary to divide the area of the ceiling panel area, which is written on the packaging. For cuts should add 15 percent.
The panel should be chosen after the floor area will be calculated, which will make repairs
Then you need to calculate the number of metal profiles.
- Draw a diagram of the ceiling. Draw profiles given that they must be at a distance of 60 cm. Apart.
- Prepare hard profiles, suitable for ceiling perimeter.
- Determine the number of screws and plugs, depending on the number of panels.
- Calculate the size of ceiling moldings. The perimeter should be divided by three. Received the required number of parts.
After the dawn will be finished, acquired the right amount of material, you can start preparing the instruments and panel installation.
How to set a ceiling of plastic panels with their own hands
Himself set the ceiling is not difficult. The only rule is strict adherence to the instructions and calculations. You also need to have all the necessary tools that make installation will be carried out quickly and efficiently.
For proper installation of plastic panels, it is important to follow the instructions
Phased installation of panels
- Mark the level of the place via fastening profiles to be installed horizontally as possible. Profile that you want to attach tightly to the ceiling so as not formed slots, and free space is left.
- Install transverse profiles using self-tapping screws. They will support the panel.
- Install L-profile.
- Cut the panels on the desired length of the ceiling with the help of hacksaws.
- Fasten the first panel with screws to the cross profile. The remaining panels must be secured in the slots previous. Then attach to the frame.
- Run the installation of the last panel.
- Apply liquid nails on the plinth, press tightly against the ceiling cloth. Remove excess glue.
Installation will take place quickly and easily subject to the availability of necessary tools
Installation of the last panel should be given more attention.
The frame for the ceiling can be made from metal or wooden profiles. When using a tree, you should keep in mind that moisture, it swells up and becomes unusable. Therefore, this kind of material can not be used for areas with high humidity.
Installation will take place quickly and easily subject to the availability of necessary tools, high-quality materials and a responsible approach to business.
How to insert the latest plastic panel on the ceiling of a qualitatively
When using the wall surface profile of the insert is necessary to rear parts of the last plastic panel in the groove. In this case also there is a need in the box in the front edge of the groove. Fight with joints is a major problem, which appears in the performance of finishing works.
Techniques for installing the last panel:
- Cut extreme ceiling moldings. Here it is necessary to exercise the utmost precision and calculation. On this depends the success of the entire installation.
- Accurate measurements at several points of the surface.
- Using a ruler or a tape measure to measure the distance from each side of the plastic panel from the edge of the wall to the penultimate panel edge.
- Take into account that the last panel has to be less than the distance from the wall to the edge of the previous panel centimeter. This is done in the hope to be able to move the panel during installation.
- Carefully measure the length of the panel. Since under the condition that the distance is less than a few millimeters, the panel can not fit, which will lead to the necessity of its trim.
- The last panel should be a few millimeters longer than the distance from one profile to another. This will allow the panel to move when inserting the rear.
To cut a piece of the desired size and shape, you need to perform actions in the exact sequence as to disassemble the structure will be very troublesome.
Performing tips on installing the last panel, you can make installation fast, easy and high-quality
- A little arched panel, insert its sides. This must be done as carefully as possible so as not to damage the panel. Insert the first one and then the other side until it stops.
- Insert rear side slats all the way to the wall surface angle. You need to make sure that the front edge of the panel went tight, leaving no free space.
- Connect the protruding front edge of the previous one. Slide the panel forward. This can be done by masking tape, which strips must be glued to the panel, and pull for them. After the procedure, remove the tape.
This is not only convenient option panel installation.
When using the decorative skirting panel must be cut piece to the desired size, and then attach them by means of screws. And they can be closed using a decorative baguette.
There is yet another method of attachment, if for any reason the previous methods did not fit.
- If the angle is fixed along the perimeter, it is impossible to mount the longest, the one that will fix the back side of the finishing element.
- The last panel will be installed while wearing a segment angle. The last bar must be cut to the desired size, so that it fits in the side profiles and went into space.
- Wear area in the back of the cut panel. Installing it should at the same time with a piece of cloth. To have the edge ends in the wall profiles.
- Insert the panel into the groove of the previous bar. Small move toward the walls. Fasten it by means of glue or silicone, brushing them back of the panel.
Performing tips on installing the last panel, you can make installation fast, easy and high quality. With this setting, between the panels will not go too much space, cracks and gaps.
The ceiling of the plastic panels with their own hands (video)
Lining with plastic sheeting - great finish. Due to the fact that the material is inexpensive, it can be cost-effective design of the ceiling, which does not lose in quality. Plastic panels have a number of positive properties that influence their choice of customers that leave good reviews on the use of panels to cover the ceilings. In today's market plastic panels in a wide range, which makes it possible to experiment with color and texture of the material. Installing the panels did not take long, the structure can be assembled by hand.
Finishing the ceiling of the plastic panels (photo)