No matter how carefully leveled the walls of the room, no matter how experienced masters and crews would not have engaged in this business, flaws are usually still present - this is the reality today in the construction business. This curvature is greatly spoils the look of the room. It would seem, and so spent a lot of money for repairs, and the desired result, at 100%, and not made, but there is always a way out! Skirting Ceiling: how to cut a corner, so as not to spoil the overall picture, and not turn into a testing ground for the repair of eternal podmazok and rework? Everything is quite simple.
How to glue the skirting boards to the ceiling in the corners: elementary simple
Glue the ceiling moldings in the corners it seems to homeowners not only extremely difficult to achieve, but, if I may say so, "dark forest".
And, nevertheless, gluing corners ceiling molding is not something very difficult.
To glue the corners, by and large, as the process does not differ from gluing the plinth on the straights.
To do this:
- Prepare the desired adhesive composition. It depends directly on the material of ceiling moldings and the contact surface of the material.
- Properly prepare the ends of the ceiling moldings, trim them as accurately as possible.
Finally convinced of the correctness of the trim and attach the ends prepared baseboards on both sides of the corner, glue the skirting boards, using the appropriate adhesive, or another method of fixing. If, however, in the corners there were small cracks, they can always cover up, applying putty, or a special putty - it all depends on the material of the ceiling moldings. How to quickly and without too much trouble to make cuts skirting ceiling, will be discussed in the next section.
How to make a corner on the ceiling plinth: cut correctly
High-quality sticky corners, mainly lies in the preparation, that is, cutting skirting ceiling.
How to cut quickly, cleanly and beautifully, without damaging the material? This question is often asked by people who are doing this type of finish for the first time, and, of course, experience some uncertainty in the forces.
This work is not highly complex, just need to understand some basic things.
One of the main tasks associated with cutting ceiling moldings - accuracy. Gap, of course, will still be, but if they are minimal, they are easy to cover.
Tools for cutting skirting ceiling:
- Knife Painting:
What is the paint knife, probably clear to everyone - it is very convenient and a sharp knife. Miter box represents a device with a slot formed at certain angles. By the way, right angles are only two: 45 ° and 90 °. Pencil, of course, useful when marking.
Ways to cut ceiling moldings (moldings) are two:
Very many masters do not use the miter box, and make cuts in another way.
How to make cuts baguette, without using a miter box:
- Frames must be applied to the place of gluing. The reference point - corner of the room.
- We produce markup conducting line on the ceiling of the upper edge of the plinth. The line should not be long. It suffices to make it up to 5 cm. From the corner.
- Repeat all these manipulations, utilizing other side of the angle. At the intersection of the line turned a pencil cross.
- Again putting a previous molding wall, and from cross pencil to draw a line on the baguette from the upper edge toward the lower corner of the end face. It turns out that somewhere around 45 °. Some, with experience cutting baguette, do it at once with a knife, without using pencil markings.
- The same is repeated with a second baguette.
- Next, check the docking of two plinths. Eliminate small inaccuracies by paint knife before gluing.
As you can see, nothing complicated.
Materials ceiling moldings: choose your
Decorative moldings made of various materials, which allows for a right choice, which is usually based primarily on financial resources available to the homeowner.
Choosing plinth at the ceiling, you need to also take into account the humidity of the room, as well as the temperature drops in it.
In order not to make the wrong purchase, not taking into account the specificity of the room, or spend extra money on expensive plinth, in which there is no need, you need to have at least a general idea about the subject.
Types of skirting:
- Wood. Some of the most expensive ceiling moldings. Rather difficult to attach because of their considerable weight.
- Polyurethane. Most flexible skirting boards, has been successfully used for interior design with curved ceilings. Quite expensive.
- Styrofoam. The most "popular" option. Lightweight, inexpensive,
- Gypsum. Plinth with grandiose views, especially if they are massive and wide, with complex patterns. Heavy. Fasteners difficult due to the weight.
- PVC skirting boards. Ideal for bathrooms, showers, swimming pools. Relatively inexpensive.
With this information, as well as in consultation with the craftsmen and sales consultants, you will make a right choice easily.
Baguette from foam: the best option
Baguette from foam has many advantages over other types of skirting boards to the ceiling.
Selecting a baguette from foam, you most likely will not be mistaken in their choice.
Foam molding is not accidental is the most popular to date.
Its advantages are:
- Ease. The low weight makes it easy to paste it without the use of adhesives, super expensive.
- Excellent adhesion. Easily glued to almost any surface: a tile, concrete, plaster.
- Easy to process. It is easy to cut, to break, to correct inaccurate trimming a paint knife.
- Flexibility. Sufficiently flexible to a degree course.
- Low cost. Your budget will not suffer much if you decide to use just such a plinth.
- It is easy to paint. Can be painted in almost any color, if desired, to achieve a truly "royal" type.
- A huge number of shapes and patterns. Almost any design your imagination can be translated into reality.
As you can see, the advantages are obvious, and the choice is justified.
How to eliminate the gap after gluing ceiling moldings: coat help
No matter how hard you try, and the gap between the skirting and the wall, as well as the ceiling, still remain, due to the irregularities of the walls.
Even the most high-quality repair involves minor irregularities of the walls.
So, you stick the ceiling moldings, with undisguised disappointment realized that the work was not as high quality as you suggested before. The slits between the walls and the bottom of the baguettes ceiling skirtings, cracks at the joints moldings, as well as the gap between the baseboards and the ceiling. What to do in this case?
Most importantly, remember that your main work has already been done, and these little things that you so badly upset, easy to handle.
Suppose you have chosen, and thus stuck ceiling moldings from foam. How to eliminate the defects mentioned gluing?
- You can certainly buy a special, quite expensive, by the way, branded putty designed for this purpose;
- Possible, and even better, as cheaper and easier to use the most common dry finish putty, which you have certainly stayed in enough after gluing ceiling moldings.
Diluted with water a small amount of this material, you make a putty these gaps, using their own finger, "jointly" with a narrow steel trowel. Spatula will make perfect corners in places putty cracks. Having, therefore, if not a perfect result, then, at least, the result of which will not cut the eye, you will be satisfied with their work.
How to make round ceiling moldings in the fold: the easy option
Not easy to round ceiling moldings. How to make round plinth in the fold quickly and beautifully, and without spending much?
Methods exist, you only need to choose the most suitable for you.
You can, having touched a lot of different ways to achieve the desired result you, but this work may take more time than sticking ceiling moldings in the whole house.
So, the existing options:
- Polyurethane glue plinth. Skirting the road, and the angle of only a one, then the excess will just have to throw it away, or to determine for permanent storage in the garage.
- Selection and sticking of the finished member made of gypsum or foam. It is hardly possible to pick up to any size and radius.
- Modeling made of gypsum in several stages. The oldest technique they use, but it is very time-consuming.
- Angle can be easily done by making a simple tool steel spatula. This method is simple and inexpensive.
Produce a spatula quite simply, out of the old, unnecessary spatula. However, it is possible and of the new, low-cost benefit of it.
Step by step:
- In order to manufacture such a putty knife to cut a piece of the plinth ceiling height of about 1 cm, and a sample having a profile end to attach to the surface of a steel spatula, outlining it in the blade spatula pencil or marker;
- Using the "grinder" cut the metal on the markup. As a result, the resulting putty knife with a profile of our decorative moldings, compared with the original and attach to each other two profiles.
- Further, in a corner on a wall, and the ends of the skirting already glued, screwed screws, screwed into them soft wire, which will serve as a reinforcement for the filler.
- Apply putty simple spatula in the right quantity and in the right Mete, that is, on the corner where there is no plinth.
- Our newly manufactured, a special spatula, create the desired profile, spending it on a fresh putty so that it coincided with the profile of our ceiling moldings.
Of course, in place of the rounding up of this operation, it is necessary to leave the needed break.
And in conclusion, I would like to summarize all of the above. How to cut the corner ceiling moldings - is very important, and at the same time, a fairly simple point. Armed with the knowledge gained from the study of articles and view photos and video materials you successfully coped with the task in front of you. As pokleit ceiling moldings in the corners, and how to connect them on the straight sections, now does not seem to you daunting task. In addition, in recent years some manufacturers have significantly facilitated the work of the homeowner, releasing special corners for high quality and an even simpler design angles. In any case, the hiring of artists is always possible, but it is not always appropriate, particularly when you consider the ease of use and considerable cost to her. You can easily do it yourself without attracting hired labor. Success in repair!