Bags in patchwork technique - it's stylish and sovremennoNa Throughout history, women have always sought to create comfort and beauty, even in the times of crisis. Women's ability to cherish the minor at first glance, the pieces of fabric to work with small parts to extend life to old things - gave the world the technique of patchwork, which in the modern world has reached the level of skilled work.
Patchwork bag: a variety of ideas for creativity
Patchwork - one of the areas of work with textiles. It includes weaving, knitting, stitching patches using a sewing machine or by hand.
One of the main advantages of patchwork - unlimited ideas
The advantage of this type of needlework is considered:
- Variability. Quilting gives unlimited opportunities to realize their ideas.
- Exclusivity. patchwork technique - it is always an author's work, which is valued for their individuality and uniqueness.
- Frugality. To create a new product, you can use all sorts of old things, upholstery outmoded furniture, combined fabric trim.
- Practicality. Any flaw in the product formed in the patchwork technique, can be easily remedied by replacing the part.
With the help of a patchwork to create a unique garment, decorative elements for the home, bed linen, bedspreads, tablecloths, curtains, paintings and a variety of accessories. Even so desired and popular element of the female image as handbags, may be done in patchwork technique.
Bags that can be created in the technique of patchwork needlework:
- Bright beach bags;
- Luggage bags;
- Elegant clutches;
- Casual bags;
- Children's bags;
- Decorative suitcases;
- Shopping bags for shopping;
- -krovatki bags for pets;
- Decorative basket for storage of small things;
- Omiyage handbags;
- Sports backpacks.
The most daring ideas can be implemented using a patchwork. In addition, a charming female accessory, made in the technique of patchwork, did not go out of fashion and always attracts attention.
Patchwork bags: the basic directions, choice of material
Itself make the product according to the technique of patchwork is not difficult. You can boldly experiment and create his authorial bag.
Allocate 2 patchwork direction: classical and "mad". More on this below
Technology has two main areas:
- Classic. Foundation composition which has a clear symmetry, constitute the same size and shape tissue grafts;
- "Crazy." Taken as a basis the details of different sizes and shapes, there are no rules in the construction of the figure, used artistic asymmetry.
Should pay attention to the fabric from which it is planned to sew the bag.
in textiles for handbags requirements:
- Resistance to temperature changes;
- The strength of the material;
- Resistance to wear.
If the thing will be purely decorative character, then it fits even the most subtle and moody material. However, if the bag in the end should be functional, it is necessary to choose the fabric for its main purpose and seasonality.
The material for the bags:
- Genuine Leather. High wear resistance and ease of care make this the most popular material for bags, despite the high cost. It can be used for refined clutches and small handbags. Material requires accuracy when sewing, do not pre baste detail because It left its mark on the needle.
- Artificial leather. It has an affordable price, but high wear and tear, so the bag will have a smaller lifespan. Visually virtually indistinguishable from genuine leather.
- Suede. Moody stuff that requires special care, but the suede handbags always look nice and impressive.
- Artificial suede. For example, alcantara. Easy to wash, does not require special care, it looks as stylish as natural suede.
- Cotton. Strong natural fabric that is easy to care for. Ideal for sports and shopping bags.
- Nylon. Easy to clean, durable. Used for sports bags, backpacks.
- Polyester. Durable fabric with a wide range of texture and density. Not breathable.
- Bologna. The fabric is not breathable and moisture.
- Felted fabric or felt. Dense tissue, which will keep the shape, so are perfect for traveling bags or baskets and bags, coasters.
- Jeans. Suitable for sports, youth bags, backpacks for children.
To himself to sew a bag patchwork need to choose the right direction, to explore the master class, view photos of the model chosen, pick the fabric, make the desired pattern, and boldly embody conceived.
Japanese patchwork bags: a master class in style boro
Bags in boro-style - a patchwork of Japanese direction, which is performed manually. Ease of execution allows to sew a bag of those who first uses the patchwork technique.
A similar technique can also be used to decorate the existing bag
For work you need the following materials:
- Selected cuts of the tissue;
- Material for the lining. This can be a special lining fabric, which is sold in any store or denim fabrics;
- Interlining - to seal the details and basis of handbags;
- Sintepon - for giving of volume;
- Thread for stitches. Fit jeans;
- Sewing accessories;
- Iron, scissors;
- Glue stick.
- Arbitrary size scraps cut a square or rectangular shape. If the fabric allows, you can dissolve a little edge parts, to get a small fringe of edging.
- Cut out two identical bases in form: front and back of the bag.
- On the basis of the details laid out in random order, but so that they "came" to each other at 1-2cm.
- The resulting composition is sutured to the base of the sewing machine manually or vertical stitch approximately every 5cm.
- Glued pencil glue corners details.
- Made decorative stitch denim "forward needle" around the product.
- Prepared bottom of the bag, which must be sealed or bulking via syntepon.
- 3 are stitched to each other bases: front, back and bottom of the bag.
- Sewn lining for bags and sewn handles.
Patchwork technique can be used not only for the sewing of the bag, but also for decorating available. Applications in the art of patchwork decorate very scanty and the usual thing.
Sophisticated omiyage bags and wicker bag in patchwork technique
The simplest technique is considered to patchwork patchwork fabric weaving. The simplicity of execution does not affect the beauty of the product. This type of needlework is suitable for those who do not have a sewing machine. The technique of weaving scraps are beach bags, ladies bags summer.
Sew the bag in patchwork technique can be, even without a sewing machine
Stages weaving bags patchwork:
- Cut narrow strips of fabric the desired size.
- It creates a framework of four identical long strips, two strips overlap each other cross at an angle of 90 degrees, the other two - diagonally. frame center is stitched with thread, the strips did not move.
- A long strip of cloth is woven into the frame.
- Propletaetsya circle which further folded into halves and takes the form of bags, sewed handle fastener or tie.
Weave patchwork is an excellent exercise for the fine motor skills of hands and can be used for rehabilitation after arthritic problems.
In addition to our traditional bags patchwork can sew Japanese omiyage handbags. This small bag in the form of bags, which are used for chocolates and sweets.
To sew their own hands a bag-bag must be:
- Prepare 3 colors fabrics: light, dark, color contrast.
- Cut out 12 rectangles measuring 15 cm by 3.5 cm of each of the colors 3eh
- Sew pairs of bright stripes with dark face each other along one long strip.
- Details turn to face and ironing.
- Sew the strip between the pairs of parts of the third fabric.
- The resulting accordion stitch in the ring.
- At the top of the pouch folds put right at the bottom - the left and stitch circularly fasten the folds together.
- The bottom of the bag is sewn stitches and then tighten the thread, you can decorate the center of the bottom of a button.
- Turn over the upper part and sew kuliske or handles.
Produce such bags can be for children or to give them souvenirs for friends thematic holidays.
Bag patchwork with their hands (video)
Modern Patchwork popularity is confirmed by the works of famous designers, which mimic the patchwork in many of its collections. As we know, does not happen a lot of bags. A patchwork, just provides limitless opportunities to realize their ideas, economical and practical to use possible blanks and create unique handmade accessories.
Quilting bags with their hands pattern (photo)