Check the quality of the stairs can be using special tests All temporary ladder-type ladders should be tested periodically in order to confirm or refute their suitability. The main purpose of testing of ladders, including ladders, is safety, because if this is not done, the ladder can fail at an inopportune moment.
General description of the test ladders
In use ladders ladders permanently fall load on the stage, on the moving parts, which may sooner or later lead to metal fatigue, appearance of cracks and structural failure.
Experts recommend checking the ladder on the strength of at least once a year
- If the ladder or step ladder made of aluminum, it should be checked once a year on the strength, and if the wooden staircase, it is tested for strength twice a year;
- Tested stairs and ladder every time after repair, including the capital, but, if, even after repair by wooden ladders ladders cracks emerge, fissuring, or use of such ladders are not allowed;
- Aluminum ladders, if there is a deformation, dents, play, etc., operation is not allowed.
Experience as a sample for resistance, if a ladder mounted on a flat ground, it is worth unstable operation after the test is not allowed. If ladders, it must stand vertically and not have any roll.
Tests ladders in 2017
According to the Notice of safe operation rules of stairs in 2017, they need to be checked periodically. According to the rules of labor protection provided by the periodic test of stairs in order to ensure the safety of people.
Check ladders must include both visual inspection and test its various loads
According to this memo, stairs and ladders must pass a test at regular intervals:
- Aluminum ladder ladder checked once a year, and consists in visual inspection, checking the stability and load a certain weight on the ladder.
- According to the memo, and orders, inspection and testing of ladders must comply with the person in charge, with the entry of all the results in a special journal. The same person should monitor the status of not only the stairs, but also other equipment.
If during the inspection and subsequent tests will be revealed in the ladder or stepladder any malfunctions or deformation, cracks, looseness, etc., such a ladder directed to the repair of what is drawn up by a person conducting the tests.
Requirements and guidelines for test ladders
According to regulations, ladders ladders test should be performed in organizations that have a special stand and specially trained and certified person with the necessary equipment for the test conditions.
With the demands and standards of testing of ladders can be found in the special regulations
- Any test ladders ladders according to GOST begins with verification of their useful life, at the very stairs, or ascribed to the documents, this period should be specified. It must also be assigned inventory number, a sign of belonging to the department or unit, and the date of the previous inspection.
- Testing and operation of ladders is determined according to regulations SNiP 12-03-2001 and GOST 24258, and according to the rules of work at a height, and the rules on labor protection. When operating ladders, these standards should be considered in order to avoid accidents and injuries.
After checking the stairs to the suitability for further operation, in the journal should be a record of the date of the subsequent tests, inventory number, which must match the number on the stairs, etc.
Stand for testing of ladders: general description
If there is no possibility of the company or in any company perform the test of stairs in the home, contact a specialist company, which has everything you need, including, and methods for testing different types of ladders.
If you need to test a ladder or stepladder, it needs to seek professional help
In such company the test is carried out with the help of special stands:
- Stair or ladder is mounted on a flat, hard surface, and its structure is subjected to a static load for 2 min. Moreover, both halves are checked stairs, and the load is carried on the middle stage.
- Tests are also conducted ladders, stepladders only difference from the test that puts a ladder at an angle of 75 degrees to a flat vertical surface.
- Extension ladders hung on the stand in a fully unfolded state, and then append it to the load and is maintained for a few minutes.
After all the tests, shall be drawn up with a serial number and date of the tests, and other characteristics are specified.
all the information about the test results and check the Protocol to the stairs. At the end of the document indicates the suitability or unsuitability of products signed by chairman of the commission and its members.
Frequency of testing ladders
The order of testing of all types of stairs and dates for technical examination is governed by rules and regulations and internal rules. Inspection intervals extension ladders equals one year, wooden stairs and hanging rope ladders should be checked every six months.
It is mandatory to carry out testing of ladders, which were renovated
Also check the frequency depends on the repair of the stairs:
- If the metal staircase exposed major overhaul, it is also subjected to the test. Check after minor repairs, such as sanding, painting, etc. is performed.
- Check ladders, including portable, it holds, as a rule, a specialist firm on the special equipment after a visual inspection. If this is not possible, the test engineer carries out health and safety. If such a position is not present, then the appointed person responsible for checking the equipment, spent a special training.
Just check the stairs before performing any work performed by an employee strength, which must ensure that the equipment is working, this is done by visual inspection.
State Standards test ladders
at the height of the work requires the use of special tools, including the stairways. By ladders, as well as other products used in the performance of certain works, must meet certain requirements.
All tests should be conducted strictly stairs GOST
- Rules for testing and operation of ladders include GOST 24258, as well as the regulation of safety in construction, safety rules when working with the tool and GOST 26887.
- checker ladders according to GOST, OKOF and JECFA starts with checking of their application, which should be displayed in the document annexed to the stairs. If such a document is not drawn up an order for an extraordinary verification of stairs.
- Wooden stairs according to the guests start checking their measurements, which must comply with the documentation (check coverage, etc.).
When all tests are passed, on the stairs is labeled, including myself inventory number, date of the next test.
Instructions for Testing and ladders under load
All ladders at varying intervals should be checked, it can be performed forces responsible people to test this equipment with entering all of the results in the corresponding document.
Quite often, a ladder is tested using a special load
Instructions on how to test the ladder:
- Visual inspection of the product, checking inventory numbers, checking all the connections, checking backlash checking stability, no deformation, any chips, cracks, etc .;
- A ladder mounted on a flat surface at an angle of 75 degrees, then it is fixed load that gives a load of 120 kgf to one of the secondary stage, the total exposure time 2 min;
- Stepladder also put on a flat surface in a fully unfolded state, selectively middle stage subjected to a load of 200 kgf, then each string serially loaded with a load of 100 kgf.
Testing ladders (video)
Once the load is removed, the stairs are subjected to inspection for defects, if these are not found, then prescribe another term tests, and the stairs again sent into operation. If after the test ladder can not guarantee safe operation, in this case filled with a special form of account registration on unsuitability for further use.