Coffered ceilings look stylish in a modern interior, but their age has more than one stoletieKessonnye wooden ceilings have been around for centuries - if you think about it, even surprising how little some modified the architectural and interior design solutions. And so if you want to use the classic motifs in the design of the ceiling, it is necessary to look at the version of caisson structures.
The design of coffered ceilings
Coffered ceiling - is primarily a decorative style design. It contains a lot of cells and pits, and they are made out of wood beams. This solution looks very elegant, extraordinarily beautiful, especially if stylistically appropriate premises.
Installation of coffered ceilings involves the use of:
- Stucco rosettes;
- Special profiles for the transition to the walls.
However, not every home can such a design. The ceiling height should be at least two and a half meters, and the area of the room should not be small.
Fashion on the coffered ceiling dates back several centuries ago, but now has changed their function. Now the wooden beams are designed more for visual decoration than to strengthen the construction of the house
Caissons can also be adapted to the architectural style that is felt in the form of your home. Color, style and shape of the caisson can be changed in this regard.
Types coffered ceiling: what they are
At the coffered ceiling has a remarkable property - they level the proportions of the room. And it is is not even more than in older homes with three-meter ceilings. And coffered ceilings perfectly conceal the defects of the base ceiling.
Types caisson ceiling structures:
- Wooden ceiling. This is completely eco-friendly design. Typically used for these purposes, ash, oak and walnut. This is because of budget options, you can use more expensive materials. And this is important, because the unique texture of the coffered ceiling created by the beauty of the wood cut.
- MDF ceiling. These panels are certainly not hit the pockets, and if it is correct to treat them, the ceiling will not work worse than natural wood. Installation of the ceiling will be very simple. However, there are drawbacks - MDF afraid to moisture, sensitive to mechanical deformations and flammable.
- Gypsum coffered ceiling. Used in the design of buildings in the Baroque and Empire style. Frame made of plasterboard, which is decorated with plaster cornice.
- Polyurethane coffered ceiling. Option expensive, but very comfortable - they are manufactured under the size of the room, do not have to customize / crop, caissons, you can give any shade. The fire resistant properties are very high.
Wood and drywall are perfectly combined in a modern design caissons
As you can see, there are plenty to choose. Acquiring material to make it as a, request a certificate, etc.
Characteristic coffered ceiling of wood
It is a comfortable and aesthetic design. However, with their hands to make them will be quite difficult - it requires special calculations, measurements, as well as some experience in working with wood.
But this version is more than decent, as wooden structures with stucco ornaments have always been considered an excellent option finishing the ceiling.
This ceiling can be combined perfectly with the furniture in the room, with doorways and doors themselves.
If we make a wooden coffered ceiling, their good wood and the hands of professionals. Get a luxury version, elegant, unbanal. Sometimes even an option to be ordered specially aged ceiling, and this is a claim to some aristocratic interior.
Polyurethane coffered ceiling
Polyurethane coffered ceiling usually arranged in skyscrapers, where the ceiling is not lower than 2.6 m. Preference is given in this case the panels of light and warm tones that are harmonically fit in the interior and not violate visually proportions premises.
In caisson made of polyurethane decorative function only. But each component has a low weight, and therefore the installation of the ceiling can be carried out independently without too much difficulty.
Coffered ceiling of the polyurethane is not afraid of no water, no fire. If desired, you can select any color scheme or pattern
Polyurethane caissons are usually produced in standard sizes, and if you correctly pick them up, you do not need to be customized and cut, and it is not cheap.
Polyurethane coffered ceilings suggest internal illumination: a luxurious look fixed light source, and in the breaking of the most beneficial rays look like some elements of the interior.
Coffered ceiling with his hands: work plan
Coffered ceiling made of different materials, the work went faster, easier, of course, order a ready-made wooden modules. Because already at the production stage of their installation laid out in detail.
Sketch - an important part of the installation of ceilings
The main stages of caisson ceiling mounting:
- Formation of the project;
- Performing a sketch;
- Preparatory work;
- Installation finishes.
It is very important first to make a drawing of the room by defining its dimensions, and, of course, the height of the ceilings. A detailed sketch also simplifies and coordinates your further action. Even school-level drawing skills to produce enough normal sketch.
The algorithm for creating coffered ceiling
Thus, developing a project and creating a sketch, you start preparatory work. For this condition is checked base overlap. It is important that the surface had no defects. Only in the event that it is ready for decoration, you can start to repair. If not - align the ceiling putty, let it dry.
The materials used in building ceilings, dolozhny be of high quality, otherwise the beams are deformed due to the temperature difference in the room
Further, the standard work is progressing well:
- The surface is primed.
- Glued wallpaper. To deliberately create crumpled surface, wallpaper sheet stretch from one wall to another, stick in a few places his hands, then razravnyayte board with a rounded end.
- Apply markup.
- Of paperboard cut schedule of cross members and glue.
- Ceiling coffers stick mounting adhesive. Just do it very carefully so as not to spoil the wallpaper.
- Cardboard seal all joints and connections, so you get the basic framework. Ravine okleyte Adhesive - it may just be a white self-adhesive, or under the skin, marble, wood, etc.
- On beams paste prepared decorative elements, if desired, can be colored.
It is a way of creating budget coffered ceilings. But there are also more expensive, elegant ways to design ceiling surface.
Caissons - depressions that are separated by beams or moldings are almost never out of fashion. And today, with the amazing abundance of building materials, coffered ceilings subject can beat in different variations.
Installation of coffered ceilings (video)
The successful transformation of your home!
Wooden coffered ceilings in the interior (photo)