Wallpaper for painting on the ceiling are good that at any moment the boring color can be updated without any trudnosteyOchen often for the base of the ceiling material, preference is given just wallpaper. Due to their structure can achieve the desired textured pattern. Only apply wallpaper on the ceiling - to do half the work, and calling them, you can end up with a gorgeous and interesting addition to the interior. Such a finish will be very long, because it is necessary, the ceiling can be refreshed and boldly recolor with the minimum financial costs and valuable time.
Wallpaper for the ceiling for painting: types and properties
Not all of the wallpaper, ceiling wallpaper can be used for painting. Such special wallpaper must meet certain requirements and possess certain properties.
Wallpaper for the ceiling for painting should be:
- With deep embossed patterns;
- UV resistance;
- Intended for repeated repainting.
Paintable wallpaper made not only white, or at least - with a light blue, they have a pale color in several variations
Embossed pattern is very clear and deep. For the manufacture of wallpaper material are divided into types.
Types of wallpaper under painting
- Paper. Pasting ceiling wallpaper paper does, in fact, no different from the usual way of gluing has for us. Metered stripe wallpaper smeared with a special glue, folded several times for 10 minutes and applied to the surface. Paper wallpaper more common, relatively thin and therefore relatively cheap.
- Fiberglass. Such wall is made of glass fibers. The yarns are overlaid on top of the base paper. The result is a decorative material with a beautiful ornament. Glass fiber is very strong, unlike other species, care for them very easily. Glue them to the ceiling of the cellar. The only drawback is the high cost of the material and the fact that in the future, they are very difficult to remove from the surface.
- Fleece. This type of wallpaper, consider a separate topic below.
For the manufacture of these types of wallpaper used a different material, they are all completely different. The only thing that unites them - the appointment.
Paint the wallpaper should be only after the final drying glue, and even better to wait for three - four days
Make such rolls of different width - of 0.53; 0.75 and 1.06 meters. Their length of 17 and 25 meters. Less common are rolls of 100 meters and more, these wallpapers are used for offices and industrial buildings. Each such embodiment is convenient, based on the characteristics of the ceiling size. A larger area is better to choose a wide wallpaper, it is easier, more economical and faster than gluing.
Non-woven wallpaper for painting on the ceiling: yes or no
Non-woven backing is made from solid extruded fiber segments. Finished fabric covered foam vinyl using a stencil. The result is a non-woven wallpaper with a smooth base and a relief pattern.
Advantages of non-woven wallpaper for painting:
- During sticking do not crumple and not stretched.
- Smooth edges.
- Hide cracks on the ceiling and did not allow them to continue to diverge.
- Not subside.
- Very dense and strong.
Despite the many advantages of non-woven wallpaper, it is important to know that their surface is quite soft and easily picks even a fingernail. Therefore, after drying, the entire ceiling should not delay the painting. The paint layer is further durable and protective layer.
When pasting the ceiling Non-woven wallpaper for painting, it is important to be precise in places of connections
Non-woven wallpaper glue is easy. Glue evenly covered surface only, not canvas. Subsequent strips are applied strictly in the joint. Flatten the wallpaper from middle to the edges with a rubber roller or rubber spatula. The strip of desired length can be metered and prepared in advance, or cut directly in the process of gluing. In this case, you need an assistant.
The label adhesive from the joints it is advisable to remove immediately with a sponge or spatula.
The embossed pattern on the wallpaper manufacturers nonwoven is applied such that there is less waste material. Thanks to this nuance are fighting for painting have excellent reviews from consumers.
Can I hang wallpaper in the water-based paint on the ceiling
Wallpaper glue on the latex paint on the ceiling is possible, subject to certain moments.
First you need to:
- Make sure that it is the "vodoemulsionkoy" covered ceiling. It is enough to remove a small layer with a spatula finish. If this section is removed along with the filler, or just falls apart in his hands, then with absolute certainty - is "vodoemulsionku". But this does not mean that once it is necessary to start wallpapering.
- Make sure that the paint is ideally applied to the ceiling.
- Questionable sites handle large sandpaper. In this way, removed the accumulated dust in the cracks, and the most "weak" places the surface.
- Well primed ceiling.
To avoid the various difficulties during wallpapering, in advance, with a vacuum cleaner or brush thoroughly clean the entire ceiling from dust
Of course, to get the perfect and clean surfaces, rational will remove latex paint from the ceiling completely to the ground. This can be done by using warm water and a cloth.
In the process of washing frequently change the water on a clean cloth and rinse thoroughly.
Decided on this process, please note, it takes a lot of time. The process of drying the ceiling and take a few days, so please be patient!
How to apply wallpaper on the ceiling for painting with his hands
Glue paintable wallpaper is easy. The main thing is to prepare the perfect ceiling for this process. After removal of the previous layer on the surface, irregularities stripper, dust and debris, plugging cracks filler can safely proceed to the last step of preparation - priming. Compositions for priming a plurality of surfaces, preference should be given to those which eliminate the appearance of fungus and mold. Apply the primer to the ceiling to be with a roller or a brush in several layers. Each layer is applied only after the previous drying!
After all the preparatory work surface, you can start by the wallpaper.
You will need:
- Wallpaper glue;
- Roller or rubber spatula to smooth the wallpaper;
- Superfluous "pair of hands".
Pay attention to air bubbles under the canvas, level strip of wallpaper as soon as possible, in time to get rid of them
The first strip is glued, as a rule, from the window, and the next is applied next (butt). This is done with a view if suddenly you are new to this process, and overlaying the next band to get a little "overlap" - it was visually imperceptible.
As wallpaper glue for painting on the ceiling (video)
Paintable wallpaper - a very interesting and simple decoration material for the ceiling. Such material has many advantages and has a relatively low price. Without changing the basis of the ceiling, it was possible to give him a new "life" and using different color schemes to change the design of the room. It is these wallpapers can boast a huge selection of patterns to suit all tastes. Most importantly, perhaps, the difference between them, such that glue wallpaper is quite possible on their own, without the help of experts, which will save your budget!