Plasterboard is an excellent and practical material for the surface finishing during remontaTe who are professionally engaged in furnishing, finishing and plating rooms, the walls should know exactly what the GCR and how to work with this material, knows the kinds of subtleties and plasterboard sheets. The construction market is diverse in terms of choice of materials for decoration and construction, but the GFC is a universal finishing material.
GCR: what is its scope and
Considering the details of plasterboard sheets, it can be concluded that it is not only the most popular, but also a versatile material.
FCL made of two components - the cardboard and gypsum.
Many people prefer to choose GCR because drywall is characterized by versatility and functionality
Building plaster within the sheet (base), solid high density paperboard (liner) in plate form.
Fields of application:
- Decorating the walls and buildings;
- Installation of suspended ceilings;
- Creating partitions and doorways;
- Noise-proof design;
- Wall insulation of homes and offices;
- Hide irregularities of the walls and ceilings.
The use of plasterboard in the building is very extensive, this and talk in detail.
The composition of gypsum board
In the production of gypsum boards there are standards in which, depending on the type, composition varies GCR.
Learn the composition of gypsum board can be in a specialty store in Consultant
Description of the composition as a percentage:
- Building plaster - 90%;
- Pressed paperboard - 5%;
- Water, glue, dyes - 5%.
Plasterboard environmentally friendly material, unlike OSB (oriented strand board), consisting of substances which are toxic (and formaldehyde resin).
In the manufacture and production of gypsum boards is used, according to standard gypsum two grades of T4 and T5.
Depending on the modification and properties of the resultant gypsum board, plasterboard variations exist, for example, GKLO (plasterboard increased fire resistance) used in flammable and industrial premises, which contain chemical additives that enhance refractory properties.
Plasterboard: characteristics of the material
As with any building material, from gypsum board also has its own characteristics, which include. Let us examine them in detail.
The foundations were laid:
- Sheet dimensions (length, width and thickness);
- Drywall material;
- The weight (16 to 35 kg);
- Flexure strength, which is the main technical component;
- Color sheet (refer to basic refractory white, green moistureproof);
- edge form (straight, thinned, semicircular, rounded);
- fire safety;
- Environmentally friendly.
Plate thickness is selected only from the destination. For example, for a false ceiling sheathing, it is recommended to choose a thickness of 9.5 mm, since it will not experience high loads and cheaper. To mount the partition walls and creating a thickness of 12.5 mm is used, because the thickness depends on the strength and soundproof wall.
Plasterboard is perfect for walls and ceiling in the apartment because it eco-friendly and safe for health
The weight of one sheet is calculated based on the material, width, length and thickness of the sheet.
Color characteristic plays an important role when choosing drywall. For the convenience of the customer, almost all manufacturers, depending on the scope of use, the paint surface. For example, the manufacturer of the GCR Knauf, the conventional GCR is painted in gray, green waterproof, fireproof in dark gray, and a combination thereof is painted in dark green.
Also worth noting is that the small format and drywall.
The difference in environmental sheets depends on the composition of the materials used and is one of the main technical characteristics of the control sheets before entering the market. By the way, today the most environmentally friendly drywall is Knauf.
To the wall was stronger and quieter, choose the thickest sheet and note the installation, try to use a single sheet, and use all the useful area of the plate.
Plasterboard different properties and the material from which they are produced, in this regard, the Russian special standard 51829. was introduced in 2001. Depending on the application, the leaves began to be subdivided into species that depends on the basic properties of the drywall.
Learn about the basic properties of drywall you can on the Internet or open spaces in the building store
- drywall standard density equal 7,2x102 kg / m3
- Environmentally (presence of harmful impurities);
- Breathability (regulating humidity and indoor climate).
Before you buy be sure to ask the FCL provide information about the manufacturer ,, check for eco-labeling "Leaf of Life", and it is desirable to get acquainted with the composition of the materials used.
types of drywall
Depending on the scope and purpose, gypsum boards are divided into two basic types and 4 subspecies. They are common and GCR GOLS (gypsum sheets).
If you need to quickly and accurately to sheathe the walls, then for this purpose are perfect simple plasterboard
Types of Drywall and their application:
- GCR - a simple sheet of plasterboard, into which the base structure includes plaster reinforced dense cardboard. Used for wall cladding, partitions arrangement, in homes with a temperate climate and normal humidity.
- Gypsum plasterboard - moisture resistant plasterboard sheet used in premises with high air humidity. The peculiarity of this kind is that it prevents the formation of mold, mildew on the wall surface, and retains its shape in extreme conditions. Suitable for wall cladding in private homes and even baths.
- GKLVO - drywall, combining waterproof and fire-resistant properties. It is used on construction sites are very responsible for safety from fire and increased moisture. The main drawback of such sheets is the high cost.
- GKLO - plasterboard with improved fire resistance limit. The peculiarity of such sheets is to provide standards and fire safety standards. It is most often used in schools and social facilities (hospitals, educational uchdeniya etc.).
All types of gypsum boards data are distinguished by their environmental friendliness, production quality and comfort of work, since they have a lower weight than, for example, oriented strand board (OSB), which is also harmful for residential use.
there are 3 types depending on the purpose of plasterboard:
- Ceiling - has a maximum thickness to increase the noise suppression characteristics is used for mounting false ceilings;
- Arch drywall sheet has a minimum thickness, suitable for rough finishing;
- GCR wall - has a standard thickness of 12.5 mm is used for the purpose of work (covering ceilings, walls, partitions mounting).
When paneling conventional GCR combine it laminated gypsum boards, vinyl-covered, with a variety of flowers and colors.
Advantages and characteristics of plasterboard laminate
Laminated plasterboard - a new word in the field of decoration and building materials, as it appeared on the market recently. Its main purpose is decoration of walls and ceilings.
In laminated gypsum board is almost no variations. The main difference is the coloring (design), the shape and thickness of the sheet.
In the photo you can see how it looks and how it differs from the conventional sheet. According to its characteristics it is not inferior moisture-resistant and fire-resistant sheets and is used even in the casing of the bathroom walls. Manufactured laminated plasterboard technology, reinforcing fabric base, which is much stronger than the cardboard base.
Originally transform the interior space is possible by means of laminated plasterboard
Advantages inherent in laminated GCR:
- The variety of colors and shapes (stone styles, wood, etc.);
- No need to use self-tapping screws (mounting plates is possible thanks to special brackets and clamps;
- Ease of cleaning and maintenance;
- Easy to install and dismantle if necessary;
- After the installation is no longer necessary to perform additional work (plaster, wallpaper gluing, painting the walls);
- Increased strength and protection sheet from scratching and damage;
- Excellent air-conducting properties of sheets, allow them to "breathe" and thereby to control the humidity in the room;
- The use of various materials crates for LGKL installation.
- High environmental friendliness.
Laminating films of PVC plasterboards of different thicknesses, allow the structure to give impact resistance and wear resistance.
Before you buy such a material, it is necessary to take into account the important technical aspects:
- When installing door and window sills, must be used only with a special adhesive characteristics inherent sealants;
- Cleaning and flushing of such panels is permitted only liquid detergents without particulate matter (powder);
- Unacceptable installation in bathrooms and lavatories areas of high humidity;
- When you create decorative floors, it is recommended not to remove the film post-construction.
Incidentally, the laminated gypsum panels are used not only for the walls and ceilings, but also for the manufacture of furniture, decorative elements of the interior and the facade of buildings.
What is GCR in construction
Construction and decoration of buildings and premises shows that gipskokartonnye sheets in our time occupied a leading position in the market of finishing materials, since they are distinguished by a large range of products, low cost and compliance during operation.
Experts recommend for finishing the surfaces of the drywall to choose, because to make repairs to its use will be a force even novice
Applying FCL together with the heater can achieve thermal insulation of residential premises that is not afraid of low temperatures and severe frosts of our climate.
Therefore, almost all the construction industry went on a plaster material, especially in Western countries. For example, in the US, almost all homes are built entirely from plasterboard. Sheets of drywall are helping builders and designers to solve many pans of the customer, in particular covering ceilings, walls, partitions arrangement. With it you can build a small storage space. In Russia, a major manufacturer and marketer of gypsum board is the company "Gipsopolimer".
The main differences from the plasterboard sheets of other materials are:
- Versatility (a variety of applications);
- Low cost of production, which allows entrepreneurs to establish production of plasterboard;
- The range of the market of building and finishing materials (comparable with the choice of wallpaper or linoleum);
- The convenience and comfort of work (material lends itself to work as an experienced builder, and the average person);
- Variability in selecting fastening sheets (screws and the screws, staples, klyamery).
Thanks to this option, you can clearly see the difference between the material.
Differences and characteristics of perforated plasterboard
One variation of the GCR is perforated gypsum board, significantly different from the usual. Its main feature is a good acoustic properties. Are used where necessary to achieve the minimum of sound vibrations, the echo (stadiums, theaters, etc.).
Advantages perforated plasterboard that it differs sufficiently high strength and good sound insulation
Made of a cellulose web with fleecy coating on the sheet surface. Properties similar to conventional GCR, with the exception of high sound absorption.
Features perforated plasterboard:
- Ease of installation and maintenance;
- Absorption of sound resonance method;
- High strength and durability;
- Provide optimum climate and humidity in the room;
- The need for special tools during installation;
- After mounting putty joints;
- High price.
In normal residential area, this drywall hardly used, and used in exceptional purposes (elevator shafts, rooms with ventilation equipment, as well as pumps and transformer equipment, life giving increased noise). Varieties perforation gypsum board: round, square and rectangular.
Features GCR: what is this (video)
Design of the FCL can help reduce the cost of decoration of rooms and houses, and increase the efficiency of decoration, as well as to ensure compatibility with other materials, without harm to health. Recent Trends and Prospects use plasterboards, are determined at the same value at the growth quality of erected structures.
drywall in the interior design (photo)