According fashion trends, the laminate can be successfully used both as flooring and as a finishing material for walls and potolkovBolshoe amount of fabric construction is designed specifically for decorative coating ceiling. However, repair work - a kind of creative process through which new ideas finishing coatings quite unexpected way. For example, a material such as a laminate, intended for a floor covering, expanded its functionality, due to new trends. Now, it is effectively used for the walls, ceiling and doors.
Covering the ceiling laminate flooring, new trends in interior design
Wood fibers glued with special resins, pressed and formed panels of the desired size, resulting in a laminate - robust floor finish. A broader scope of application of the material explained qualitative characteristics and advantageous properties which it possesses.
The obvious advantages of laminated finishes include:
- High wear resistance;
- Environmentally friendly;
- Fire resistance (self-off);
- High density;
- The rigidity of the material;
- Ease of use and cleaning.
In addition to the qualitative advantages such interior trim has its limitations, which can not be ignored, if you use laminate flooring on the ceiling and walls.
Despite a number of negative characteristics of a laminate, its environmental friendliness and ease of use stipulate the use of the material for finishing ceiling
The disadvantages of the material include:
- Instability to high humidity. Therefore in the bathroom this kind of coverage should not be used, especially for the decoration of the ceiling. Tk maximum moisture accumulates near the ceiling.
- A small amount of vapors which are released at first due to the composition, which layers are bonded wood material. If the bathroom to use the laminate, it is only for flooring and only part of the room. In this case, the bathtub should be positioned on the other side.
In the market of building materials are no special ceiling or wall laminate, using conventional laminate floor for this purpose.
Stylish ceiling made of laminate: artistic possibilities of decorating
If the flooring is mainly forced by furniture and carpets, the ceiling design is fully open eyes. Therefore, the higher ceiling coverings decorative requirements. These requirements are met through a variety of laminate material.
By design, the material is presented in the form of imitation:
- Classic wood;
- Leather coatings;
- A metal surface;
- Stone coating;
- Ceramic tiles with various patterns.
Depending on the texture of the surface are distinguished:
- Opaque panel;
- Glossy panel;
- Laminate in the form of aged wood with clear patterns;
- Panel with reliefs;
- Rough panel.
In small rooms in a contemporary style ceiling looks good out of the laminate that simulates made old board
White glossy laminate ceiling suit a small room with a lack of natural light.
Laminate is presented in two main forms:
- Rectangular shape (in the form of panels up to two meters in length);
- Shape tiles.
Laminate in the form of tiles easier to mount to the ceiling surface
Laying long panels is convenient for outdoor surface, but put yourself ceiling this form will be difficult. For this purpose, a laminate in the form of tiles.
Modern variety of laminate design and shape allows us to consider all possible variants of the design.
Laminate walls and ceiling: expediency and efficiency
Laminate boards are manufactured under particular gender. Those of its characteristics that are important for a floor covering, ceiling or walls are useless or even complicate the job. For example, a laminate appreciated strength and resistance to wear, as well as the stiffness of the material. Decorative finishing the ceiling is not experiencing such loads as floor and fixing the latter on the ceiling tiles is difficult because of the stiffness. Therefore, for the walls and ceiling are choosing the most lightweight version of the laminate.
The thinner the laminate, the better it will look on the ceiling
Depending on the thickness and durability are the following classes:
- For domestic use (up to 23). Such a laminate is taken out of production because It can not withstand loads on the floor, but would fit optimally on the ease to the ceiling.
- Conventionally, for office use:
- 31st. The easiest available on the market;
- 32nd. Withstand the floor in the offices up to five years, and at home under 15 years of operation;
- 33rd. A very hard material that is difficult to strengthen on the ceiling;
- 34th. Called sport laminate, and is the most severe and lasting.
Rational decision - to choose the most light and thin laminate of the available classes. If not, you should consider the appropriateness of the decoration on the ceiling. Because the cost of the material is proportional to its thickness and strength that the ceiling will be a waste of resources.
How to strengthen the laminate flooring at the ceiling: the basic rules
Headlining the laminate can be several ways. Mounting is done depending on the shape, size, thickness and gravity panels.
Attach material can be in two main ways:
- Glue laminated panel on the prepared surface;
- Fix the laminate prepared wooden or metal profile.
Any way you can do yourself with your own hands. Building Forum in addition to photo and video reviews are professionals who leave tips on installation.
laminate mount to the ceiling with screws and klyaymerov - process is longer, but also guarantees a long service life
Phased process fastening laminate panels with a special glue:
- On the ceiling surface to apply a special primer deep penetration;
- Certain processed portion vinyl-based adhesive, adhering to the safety, because Adhesive is flammable and toxic;
- Panels are attached together by a laminate and a hermetic lock, and installed in the ceiling, starting from the corner of the room;
- Fixed joints or tape backups until complete drying of the glue.
Alternatively, all of the panels can be joined together on the floor and prepared coating sticking to the ceiling.
Phased process fastening laminate panels via carcass profile:
- Ceiling is marked under the base plate;
- Fits profile;
- Stacked laminated panels perpendicular to the guide profile;
- To frame panels are mounted using klyaymerov, screws or finishing nails.
Joint of laminate panels with a wall or skirting closed plastic band for starting plastic. The only problem may be the color discrepancy.
Laminate on the ceiling in a wooden house: the suitability of this type of finish for the roof
Do not hand over leadership positions natural country houses and villas. In the wooden house has its own rules and subtleties of construction and repair work, especially in terms of the roof.
It recommends the use of the following materials for decorative ceiling in wooden houses:
- Tensioner coating;
- Laminate panel;
- Natural wood coating;
- Veneered panels.
Laminate flooring is not moisture-resistant material, so mount it on the ceiling finishes in a wooden house is allowed if the roof is additionally protected by waterproofing.
The country house laminate ceiling can be mounted only in the case of high-quality waterproofing the roof
wooden roof structure consists of:
- Internal decorative finishes;
- Isolating film;
- Layer insulation;
- Roofing material.
When using the laminate must be done crate on the beams, thereby hiding them. If desired, the beams leave as a decorative ceiling coverings, the use of the laminate complicated by the characteristics of the material.
Laying laminate on the ceiling (video)
When using the laminate for roof coatings should compare the financial costs and labor efforts with alternative materials, designed for just such work. Thin laminate long been discontinued, due to the unsuitability and the fragility of the floor covering, and a thick laminate, which is considerably higher than the price too heavy to securely attach it to the ceiling coverings.
Laminate on the ceiling (photo)