Sealing of joints on gypsum boards is required and an important step in repair rabotGipsokarton - versatile material, allowing you to create stunning designer designs. It can help you implement these solutions, which are not under the power of any other material. He has a flexible plastic, so create a plasterboard triangular or trapezoidal shape is not difficult. However, for all its advantages, jointing process is a must, without which the usual places of joints can become terrible crack. As a result, instead of being mostly elegant element decor of the room can obtain the design unpresentable appearance.
How and what to close up the seams on drywall: selection rules, the necessary tools to work
Neither grouting is complete without this essential tool, as the spatula. Each master chooses to work, a trowel that it is convenient. Someone handier caulk seams narrow instrument, and someone - wide. Is not the point. The most important rule, which should be considered when choosing a spatula - blade flexibility. Advantages of the tool with a flexible blade - ease of processing hard to reach places.
Having defined with a spatula, it's time to move on to the selection of the necessary work for putty.
Many masters in order to seal the seams, use only the finish. Of course, in the processing places finishing putty mixture of joint work will be completed much faster, but then there are risks of formation of huge gaps between the sheets of plasterboard.
Before you start grouting on drywall, should be pre-purchase a convenient and high-quality plaster trowel
To make the connection joints between them was very strong, it is better to use special types of putty. Especially this applies to those cases where the surface of gypsum board, hereinafter, will be subjected to painting. If you plan to cover the surface of the gypsum board paint seams must fill a special solution intended for this purpose.
To date, there are two kinds of fillers, used for grouting:
- Universal - the start and finish.
- Special, which are based on the alpha-gypsum. Among the most famous brands, it should be noted plastered Rotband company Knauf.
In addition to the trowel and putty, care should be taken to purchase:
- Paper tapes or reinforced meshes used for sizing joints;
- Electric provided with a special nozzle designed to stir the mixture putty;
- Special containers, which is necessary for preparation of putty;
- Corner. Embedding joints will be of higher quality;
- Sandpaper. It is useful for grinding of joints.
If, however, you plan to hang wallpaper drywall, then start or finish putty will be enough, as the texture of the wallpaper, is able to block the small defects that are on the walls.
The caulk the seams of drywall: preparatory work
Jointing - responsible process, but before you jump to it, make sure that all the joints of gypsum boards firmly screwed to the frame. If everything is in order, proceed to the next stage, namely: cleaning the surface of the drywall from appearing in the process of dust and dirt. It should be noted that the construction durability depends not only on the quality of grouting, but also the purity of the gypsum plasterboard.
Grout joints between sheets of drywall - a difficult, but still doable task. If every effort, even a novice can master it.
Spackling mixture may be how to prepare yourself and buy a ready-made in specialty store
Preparing the putty mixture - an important process does not tolerate fuss. The container must be specially prepared to pour the desired amount of filler, to fill it with water and an electric stir until uniform. The resulting, ultimately, consistency should be like thick cream without lumps.
For each type of filler there is a certain preparation process. Do not be lazy. Reading instruction can podcherpnut important information for itself, which will depend on the speed adhesiveness putty mixtures.
Improperly cooked the mixture may lead to the fact that grout joints produced with their own hands, will be of poor quality, as a result, you get a strong education gaps between the joints. After the putty mixture is ready, you can proceed to grouting.
As seal the joints between plasterboard sheets: Process description
Grouting technology is quite simple, if it is possible to achieve compliance with that construction work will take place quickly and "painless". It is only important to follow certain rules and not deviate from the proposed scheme.
Apply the putty mixture in the seam should be very carefully and thoroughly
the following algorithm:
- Application putty solution. To plug seam is necessary across the joint. Smears should be carefully and accurately. The mixture was placed on the suture so that the entire thickness of the GCR was filled.
- Excessive thickness in joint surface - a prerequisite quality work. The excess thickness will avoid putty mixture of its strong drying. If the length of the joints is very large, then for convenience it should be divided into small plots.
- The application of reinforced adhesive tape or tapes on top of the putty solution. Reinforced tape should utaplivat in solution as deeply as possible. This process allows to make the seam more even, while avoiding the formation of cracks.
- Grout spatula putty mixtures. Thus, one can achieve obtain smooth and flat surfaces.
Following this process works, produced in the processing of angles including.
Jointing plasterboard with their hands: grinding welds
After the plaster has dried, grinding is performed seams sandpaper. If it is correct to make the grinding process, the output is absolutely smooth surface is obtained.
Experts recommend after grinding walls apply another layer of putty mixtures
For maximum convenience, the master recommended to use a spotlight, illuminating the grinding space. With the help of the smallest irregularities and bumps will not go unnoticed.
After polishing is possible to lay several layers of putty mixtures. This will help achieve a perfectly flat surface design. Decorating the walls with paint or wallpaper is produced in the last stage. It does not cause inconvenience because of a perfectly flat surface.
Useful tips from professionals
And finally, a few tips from the professionals, through which you can prevent the seemingly minor, but errors can reduce the whole, the work done by zero.
Puttying can produce on their own, the main thing - to get introduced with the instructions and take into account the advice of professionals
- Even with all the rules relating to the grouting, it is possible the appearance of small cracks. This is due to the fact that during the plastering work in a room temperature fluctuations present. Of course, at home it is difficult enough to achieve constancy of temperature, but worth a try, at least a little to minimize the risks.
- If the room there are wooden floors, and construction of plasterboard attached directly to them, it is possible the occurrence of cracks in the fillet welds. In this case, blame the seismic activity of the walls.
- Some putty mixture in the package have the inscription: "designed for sealing joints without the use of reinforced adhesive tape." Let this inscription does not fool you. If you will make the putty joints without the use of adhesive tape, cracks can still occur. In this case, the manufacturer would like to say that this kind of putty simply can not hold it.
On all this, you can start grouting on drywall.
Plasterboard work: jointing (video)
Now you know how to make the grout on the drywall. As you can see, the work is not much difficulty. The main thing - to choose high-quality materials, and to be tolerant and not to rush to finish the job faster.
Good luck to you!