If improperly drywall joint compound over time on their site can be formed treschinyNesmotrya that the drywall, the material is very very versatile, there are several problems to be faced novice repairmen. It has already been said more than once that the drywall - a material indispensable. One is that wet work for installation of this material are virtually absent, it adds a few points. And what a variety of designs are made of plasterboard. But the trouble is, after assembly and fastening GKL remain unsightly seams. How not to try, and of the joints can not escape. That has resourceful craftsmen polish on his work. Yes, it is not so simple.
How to patch drywall joints: select tool
The first thing you should decide before you plug the seams, it is, strictly speaking, what is needed for this. In addition to the materials themselves, which are discussed below, and tools required for sealing. It is not necessary to save them. Most of these devices reusable, and will be required in the future.
When choosing a spatula to seal joints drywall important that the blade of the selected tool was flexible
So, in order to seal the joints of the GCR, you will need:
- Putty knife. There is not one type of trowel, but this work will fit almost anyone who will be comfortable working.
- Dishes for kneading putty. Here, again, there is no big difference, but it is recommended to use plastic, it will be easier to clean.
- Trough under the primer. Such plastic troughs are sold in any hardware store and are inexpensive, but will have a great help when working with primer.
- Roller. Just do not rubber, it has a different purpose at all - any fluffy. It is important that the roller has a long handle or an opening through which the handle can be extended.
The repaired drywall joints: select material
After all of the tools selected, we determine the necessary materials for the work.
It is important to determine what work will be conducted with the GCR in the future, because of this depends on the choice of material.
To qualitatively to cover the seams and joints do not leave, you need to correct not only the work, but also the choice of materials.
Reinforcing tape greatly reduces the likelihood of cracking joints drywall
- Putty. The choice of filler will depend on the work to be carried out with the design in the future. Most often, the use of common, finish putty, and it is in the wrong. If future plans include painting the GCR, it is not recommended to use a finishing putty. For this purpose there is a special putty for joints. But if drywall constructions must be wallpapered, the fit and finish putty.
- Primer. To all of the work was not useless when selecting a primer, should be guided by the type of surface and the type of work after its application. When processing designs of suit GCR acrylic primer.
Tape for drywall joints
After the completion of the sealing of joints in their place should be design - the same firm, as he himself GCR. If this does not happen, then the whole structure will be subject to deformation. Therefore, the material is the second most important band for joints.
Paper tape drywall seams has a specific strength that is achieved by interweaving the reinforced fiber along and across the
There are two kinds of tape:
- Paper tape. It is sold in rolls having a width of 52 mm and a length type 2:. 50.76 m and 153 m tape surface has a certain roughness that provides a better grip. When using angle trim, on the tape along the entire length it has a small crease, making it much more convenient to use. Among the shortcomings of using paper tape is worth mentioning a time-consuming process.
- Grid or serpyanka adhesive. It has a length of 20, 45 and 90 m, and the width - 45 and 50 mm. As well as paper tape, self-adhesive mesh is not. Not self-mesh wins on price, but much inferior to the amount of effort on her mount.
It is important to remember that when working with self-adhesive mesh, it must be stored in a plastic bag, which would no adhesive layer has dried. A significant disadvantage of using a grid is that it is not recommended to be used for sealing the interior angles of joints.
How to seal the joints of plasterboard: the procedure works
All materials and tools are ready, it's time to get to work. Work on smoothing the joints extremely painstaking. Not worth the fuss and careless attitude to work. If you observe all the prescribed advice, the seams on the GCR is almost negligible.
So, for sealing joints work consists of two stages:
- Preparatory. Work on the preparation of the surface.
- Sealing of joints.
Quality machined surface before incorporation drywall joints will guarantee invisible seams on the surface
The first thing you must do before working with seams between the FCL is to treat the surface. To do so, clean the surface of the docking stations. Remove traces of a GCR with a spatula, and to remove dust, use a vacuum cleaner. Do not forget about the self-tapping screws. Their hats need to drown to 1 mm. After that, the joints of drywall should be primed, and let the surface dry.
The second, intermediate step will be preparation of fillings. Cooking instructions indicated on the package, but it is worth remembering that the "lifetime" in the putty mixture is not great, about 20 minutes, so do not cook the mixture too much.
Now take a trowel and applied evenly on putty joints without missing screws. While the putty has not had time to dry on the joints superimposed tape that you want to cover up a trowel. After drying putty residues can be clean with a spatula, if necessary, use sandpaper. In the end, the entire structure must be primed.
Tips experienced repairmen
Any inaccuracy in the sealing of joints can lead to cracking. But even when all is correct, to say that they just do not appear, it is not necessary. Indeed, the slightest change of temperature or shear GCR can lead to cracking.
Begin to seal the seams of drywall filler only once in the room Establish a regular humidity and temperature
To avoid this, you need to as tightly as possible to fill the joints, and to carry out repair work should be in a room with constant temperature and humidity (not to tear the window, close the door).
Doing the right thing: sealing of joints drywall (video)
And finally, if the package with the filler will be written: "sealing drywall seams without using reinforcing tape" is not worth itself encouraging. Such putty is simply not designed for sealing joints.