Wooden crate for gypsum board
Wooden crate - a great alternative to costly metal karkasuGipsokarton - one of the most popular materials for finishing the apartment. Use it to decorate the walls and ceiling to make alterations to the apartment and to recreate a variety of arches. Drywall installed in several ways, the most common of these is the attachment of this material on the crate, because it is under the sheets of drywall installed in such a way can be placed insulation and to hide wires and communications. Today we will discuss all the details of crates plasterboard made of wood, as well as analyze how to do it with his own hands.
Wooden crate for gypsum board: the nuances
Wooden crate is the first method of establishing frame for gypsum board. Despite the fact that the wooden structure under the plasterboard yield to his strength metal, they are often used due to their ease of installation and low cost.
If you have the required value of the board, the wooden crate for you will virtually free.
Of course, metal profiles are much stronger and more reliable, but if you do decide to make a frame for plasterboard wood you should know about some very important nuances.
Before installing the wooden crates need necessarily to impregnate the wood with a special compound to prevent it from rotting
- Since wood boards have a very low fire safety, they are not suitable for the batten walls, on top of which you intend to carry out a power line.
- Humid wood can swell and change shape crate that will adversely affect the strength and appearance of drywall constructions.
- On the bar, you have chosen to install the framework, there should be no any knots and cracks, as well as an indicator of their humidity should not exceed.
- You can not fix with a wooden batten curvature of the walls, as the strips are mounted parallel to the base.
- To avoid for adverse effects of mold, insects and decay processes, the wood before work should be treated with special compounds.
As you can see, a wooden crate is not the most reliable design, but if properly fulfill all the conditions of its installation, it will serve you for a long time.
When the wooden crate for plasterboard justified
Because of all the above mentioned nuances crate for gypsum board, because this material is not available in every room. For example, a wooden frame in any case can not be installed in the bathroom as well as drywall crack and deform in a relatively short period of time.
Of course, the majority of the negative properties of such crates can be removed by treating the Planck mass of special expensive tools, but if such a framework would be unprofitable for you.
Let's discuss the two cases, when it is possible to install wooden crate under the drywall, using a minimum amount of protective agents.
Wooden crate under the drywall is the best fit for log home: in this case, you can not be afraid of the impact of humidity on structure
- Wooden log of thick logs or glued wood is the best suited for the installation of carcasses of the same material. Wooden crate under plasterboard works seamlessly with logs from which built the house, with an increase in humidity thick logs into the room take on the basic "strike", pulling moisture out of the frame rails for the FCL.
- Rooms with perfectly smooth walls, too, can be the basis for wooden crates. As stated above, to align the wall via a timber frame fail, since any gap between the base surface and the strap, considerably reduces the strength and duration of the service period lathing.
You can without any fear of doubt and install wooden crate if your home has at least one of these qualities, otherwise, would be wise to do a lath under the GCR of the metal profile.
The preparatory phase prior to installation battens
Preparation for the installation of furring for gypsum board is purely symbolic. Before starting work, you need to remove all the furniture out of the room and cover the floor with oilcloth. If on the walls, where you want to install a wooden frame, the old finish is present, you must get rid of it. Now that all the excess removed from the room, you can start to prepare tools and materials.
For quick and precise cutting of rods are best suited jigsaw
The materials that you will need:
- The level of aqueous or laser;
- Otbivochnogo thread;
- Wooden slats;
If you have a jigsaw, use it instead of a hacksaw, with the tool, you can quickly deal with threaded rods at the necessary intervals.
In principle, the purchase of necessary materials and protection against wood dust, the floor and other surfaces - that all the preparatory work that you have to spend.
How to make a crate of wooden slats plasterboard
When all the materials are ready, and the wall cleared of old finishing materials, can proceed to the construction of wooden crates. Of course, you might think that the work you do not have the strength to cope with it and only a professional, but following our advice, you no doubt will be able to establish a framework for plasterboard.
If you notice that the old plaster cracked and sprinkled on the walls, you will have to strengthen it with a new layer of cement, which after drying, apply a coat of primer on it.
Work on installing of wooden crates marking consists of the walls, cut strips and their mounting directly
- The first thing you need to do layout work crate. Use for this purpose level, tape measure and otbivchnuyu thread. The step between the vertical lines should not exceed 60 cm, the distance between the horizontal lines should be less than 80 cm.
- Now cut slats on the dates of the segments and treat their protective structures.
- Attach horizontal guide rail on the ceiling, and near the floor, do not forget to leave a gap of 5 cm. To the floor.
- Install the vertical rails at the corners of the walls.
- If on the wall where to build the frame, there is a window, it is necessary to frame the wooden slats.
- Now it is possible to start the main operation of furring device: attach screws cut bars on marked advance vertical and horizontal lines.
- In places where you want to hang any equipment, attach additional slats to strengthen the framework.
- Furring for gypsum board made of wood ready. It remains to establish drywall sheets.
Lathing on the ceiling is made on the same principle, however experts advise not to install this surface wooden slats, since they will bear the load is too high, and their lifespan will be short-lived. The best choice for a frame unit under the drywall on the ceiling, are metal profiles, they are more durable and versatile.
Assembling the crate for gypsum board (video)
Wooden crate for gypsum board is inferior in all its properties the metal frame, but if you set out to make the repair as soon as possible by investing a minimum bag of money in it - this option will suit you best. Follow all the conditions for the installation of wood crates, consider all the nuances, and you get a nice smooth wall finished with plasterboard.