What better ceiling, drywall or tension: reviews and features
Considering the advantages and disadvantages of drywall and suspended ceilings, you can easily pick up the material to work on the basis of financial possibilities for the design of the ceiling hozyainaSegodnya use a variety of ways, each method has its own special characteristics. Recently painted ceiling and Wallpapering sidelined. Their place is taken by the installation of suspended ceilings and drywall. Both methods are good, therefore, to make the right decision, you must first understand the material of choice issue. What better ceiling: drywall or tension, everyone can decide for himself, having familiarized with the comparative characteristics of these installation methods.
Features installation of ceilings of different types
To make the right decision, it is necessary to have information about the way the installation of gypsum ceiling and suspended ceilings. This will help to find a more suitable option, taking into account characteristics of the premises, the amount of funds allocated for repair.
- Suspended ceilings are made of high-quality film, which has durability and reliability. Plasterboard has the same properties and is not inferior stretch ceiling.
- Material izolirut perfectly sound, provide an opportunity to use in the performance of variable daring design decisions.
Care for the stretch ceiling is not a big deal, because its surface has been treated with special compounds that prevent the formation of dust and dirt
In choosing the material necessary to pay attention to features of the repaired premises. You can then choose the most suitable way ceiling installation.
Features installation of drywall:
- Material purchased and delivered to the place of repair.
- Are measured and set frame, which is made from metal profile.
- plasterboard sheets fixed to the fixed frame.
- Produce grout, shpaklyuyut surface.
- Mounted ceiling moldings.
- Paint the finished surface.
The installation of the ceiling drywall is possible to perform by following the instructions and advice of professionals. For the installation of suspended ceilings require less time and effort.
Features installation of stretch ceilings:
- Determine the choice of material, to deliver it to the place of installation.
- Perform installation work using professionals, following the instructions.
- Attach decorative inserts between the ceiling and the concrete.
In addition to its speed, this installation method is convenient because it does not involve the complete liberation of the furniture of the room.
stretch ceiling mount technology allows for the configuration of the premises, and not much of a challenge for the experienced master
When choosing the method it is important to keep in mind the amount of time it takes each of the units. For example, for the installation of suspended ceilings will take a maximum of 3 hours. Installation of ceiling gypsum board requires a minimum of 5 days.
It is also worth considering that to cope with the installation of suspended ceilings are unlikely to succeed, but to install drywall you can own, without help.
Plasterboard or suspended ceiling: it is better to use for decoration
Finishing the ceiling - an important element of the decor of the interior. To select a suitable embodiment of the installation, it is necessary to get acquainted with the characteristic features of each material.
Methods of finishing the surfaces of various types:
- Painting the ceiling plasterboard. It requires pre-treatment. Performed mostly water-based paint, the choice of which is widely represented in the market. Therefore, there is an opportunity to experiment with color and texture of the surface.
- Film for suspended ceilings provide a wide range of colors, matt and glossy surface. Also there is the possibility of wide-format printing images: paintings, photographs.
Color solution of interior living space will always be exclusive through the use of PVC film, which has a wide palette of colors
Both options provide the opportunity for a wide field of experimentation. Plasterboard ceilings can do multi-level, which increases the variability of design solutions.
The choice of type of installation can affect the operation and characteristics care material. The surface of the drywall will require cosmetic repairs. Depending on the level of drywall surface care can last up to 10 years, during which it is possible to eliminate minor faults and defects. Stretch ceilings will last 15 years, while the gentle service life can be increased to 50 years.
A distinctive feature of the stretch ceiling is their moisture resistance. The film can keep the water pressure without damage to itself.
Installation of the ceiling plasterboard (video)
It is cheaper, the suspended ceiling or drywall: a brief overview
In choosing the material for decoration it is important to pay attention to prices. The price will be formed from a variety of components.
- Cost of materials;
- installation costs;
- The time allotted for the installation.
The unequivocal answer to the question of price - the installation of the ceiling plasterboard will come much cheaper suspended ceilings.
Plasterboard ceilings can be done independently, which significantly reduces the cost of the work of skilled craftsmen.
Counting the cost and expenditure for each type of design ceiling should take into account the service life of each material, the complexity of its installation and operation.
What better ceilings, suspended or plasterboard: consumer reviews
Reviews about the installation of suspended ceilings and plasterboard ceilings diverge. The choice depends on personal taste, characteristics of the premises, proper ceiling installation. Read user reviews about the different types of ceiling to install as possible, but it is important to rely on their own opinions and experiences.
The peculiarity of each type:
- Installing drywall takes longer. But it has excellent sound insulation effect, greener than PVC film looks beautiful, it allows to experiment with a design.
- Working with tension ceilings occupies a minimal amount of time. Opportunity to implement a variety of design solutions. The formation of a perfectly flat surface.
Installation of cardboard sheets on the ceiling, made with his own hands, will cost the owner of a lot cheaper than the work of the representative of a construction firm
Each type has strengths and weaknesses.
Thanks to proper installation, the choice of material for texture finishes can visually expand the space. This applies to the installation of suspended ceilings and drywall.
Reviews about installing different types may be quite the opposite. It should not confuse and scare. To choose the right material, it is important to determine for themselves the expected results of the installation and installation expenses.
Mounting tension ceilings (video)
Installation of suspended ceilings and drywall in our time has become very popular. Each material has its own characteristics, advantages and disadvantages. When choosing a ceiling variant is important to consider the following factors: the floor area, its functional load, the expected visual effect. It is also important to take into account the estimated costs. The installation cost depends on the complexity of the mounted structure.