Wallpaper on drywall: how to glue properly
Pasting wallpaper plasterboard surface requires pre podgotovkiGipsokarton it - perfect finish for walls and ceilings. With its use, you can easily and quickly align any surface, to create original designs that give the interior originality decide to lay the problem. Plasterboard require additional finishing. One of the common ways to decorate a wallpapering. Many wonder - wallpaper on drywall: how glue right? The main rule for proper gluing is a quality surface preparation. The very process of gluing depends on the type of wallpaper.
Whether drywall finishing is required under the wallpaper
Those who make repairs on their own, are often concerned about the advisability of drywall finishing under the wallpaper. This question is easy to solve, when you think about the consequences of wallpapering without proper trim.
Preparing the drywall under the wallpaper consists of the following stages: primer, embedding joints, putty, sanding and finishing primer. All these processes are important to follow, using only quality materials and strictly following the instructions.
Finishing drywall will not take much time, but will provide an ideal surface on which the wallpaper will fall easily, and following repairs can be done without difficulty
Stages of finishing works
- We should immediately carry out an initial primer. It penetrates deep into the material to protect it from the attacks of fungi and mold.
- Perform stucco joints and holes from the screws so that the composition filled the entire basin. Over the mother's need to attach serpyanku.
- Before applying putty to the drywall, it must be sanded to free from surface irregularities and contaminants.
- Plastering comfortably wide spatula. With it can uniformly cover the entire surface of the plasterboard mixture. On a large spatula mix convenient to apply a small spatula.
- Give the first layer to dry putty. Apply second coat. Allow to dry completely. Then you need to grind it. This will help detect cracks and irregularities.
- Process the final primer. Allow to dry. For a more effective result surface treated twice.
When purchasing materials for filler and primer is important to pay attention to their purpose. For finishing plasterboard surface is necessary to use materials for interior finishes.
Proper Wallpapering on gypsum walls
After finishing drywall, you can start wallpapering. Drywall can be glued on whichever type of wallpaper: vinyl, non-woven, liquid, bamboo. Pokleit wallpaper on drywall easily. The whole process can be done on their own, following the advice of professionals.
When wallpapering it is important to take into account their views, using quality adhesives, follow the simple instructions
Terms of wallpapering on plasterboard:
- Glue for wallpaper is necessary to choose in accordance with the kind of wallpaper. The label on the packaging tells its proper preparation and application.
- Wallpaper glue should begin from the window.
- The adhesive must be applied directly to the surface, as well as the strip of wallpaper.
- It is important to avoid drafts. When wallpapering window openings must be closed, otherwise there is a risk of peeling wallpaper.
- The joints between the wallpaper should not coincide with joints sheets of drywall.
- To smooth the wallpaper you want to use a rubber roller or spatula made of plastic.
Sticked wallpaper you need to leave for a day in a tightly enclosed space. These simple rules will help to beautifully and accurately draw the walls and ceilings made of plasterboard.
Liquid wallpaper on drywall: how to apply correctly
Liquid wallpaper - the walls decoration popular today. They became famous and earned the love of consumers due to their environmentally friendly composition, completely safe for human health. These wallpapers are easy to apply to walls, they do not form seams, provide ample opportunities for the development of wallpaper designs.
On a plaster surface of the liquid wallpaper is also applied as well as on other surfaces. Before applying it is important to finish the drywall - a standard procedure to produce fillers and primers.
The most important thing in the application of liquid wallpaper - their correct preparation. To do this, you need to strictly follow the instructions on the packaging.
Liquid wallpaper is convenient to use for finishing the hard to reach areas of drywall constructions
Gradual application of liquid wallpaper:
- Pour the desired amount of the mixture in the warm water.
- The composition must be carefully stir, cover with lid and wait a few hours until the mixture is dissolved in water. It is best to mix the composition hands.
- Perform drywall finishing.
- Before applying the wallpaper must be again thoroughly.
- Apply the mixture on the surface of the need to strokes from corner to corner. It is important to bear in mind that the wallpaper can not be applied in a circular motion.
- Apply the wallpaper you can with open windows and doors, because this kind of wallpaper is not afraid of drafts.
- Each layer of wallpaper is completely dry for two days.
The main advantage of liquid wallpaper is that it is always possible to replace the damaged section. To apply a new layer of wallpaper, old must moisten portion, and the top apply the new composition.
Easy ways to remove wallpaper from drywall
Correctly executed finishing drywall surface makes it easy to remove the wallpaper when the next repair.
Remove the wallpaper must be very careful, otherwise you can damage the surface of the drywall, which will entail the need for complete replacement of the sheet
Professional builders offer ways to help remove old wallpaper gently without damaging the surface of the drywall.
Methods for removing wallpaper:
- The specialized departments can purchase special solutions for removing wallpaper. They get rid of extra problems.
- If the non-woven wallpaper, remove them will be easier than ever. This type consists of two layers. When removing the upper layer, the lower left on the surface.
- If the wallpaper is firmly stuck to the wall, pull out of the water will help. Only apply it should be cautiously and in small quantities to prevent water damaged drywall. It is better to go through the wallpaper with a damp cloth. Moisture will be melted and the paper behind.
If you can not remove the wallpaper, it is best primed surface again and have a new wallpaper paste on top.
How to hang wallpaper on drywall (video)
Plasterboard - popular material for covering walls and ceilings. It is very convenient to use and economical. Plasterboard can last for many years, provided careful handling. Generally use wallpaper, tile or paint to decorate drywall. To properly pokleit wallpaper on a plaster wall, you need to know the intricacies of the repair, which will provide a smooth surface and easy wallpapering. Methods of finishing drywall depend on the kinds of wallpaper. However, the key to their successful implementation is a qualitative surface treatment for glueing: coat and primer.