Varnished stairs: rules and recommendations
One of the major drawbacks of wood products - is the fragility, so it is important before using them correctly obrabotatPokraska - an important process that will help to revive the old staircase, give new consummation, as well as a long time to extend its service life. In order to properly perform the painting should be able to choose the means for coloring and care of the material. Prevent rot and improve the quality of wooden stairs surface by using special formulations, and ideal for lacquer paint.
Nail ladder: types and differences
In DIY stores range nail from wood staircases is enormous. Choose the right tool is sometimes hard amid this diversity. So as not to get lost in the store and not have to spend money for nothing are kindly requested to understand the varieties of varnishes, the advantages and disadvantages of each.
To significantly increase the service life of the wooden stairs, you need to pick up high-quality coloring materials
All paints have different abilities, scope and composition, so you need to choose the means individually for each case.
Types of paints and their basic properties:
- alcohol - easy to apply, after drying, they are highly resistant to damage. Such agents must be applied in several layers. Their main drawback - low water resistance.
- alkyd - after applying the formed hard, transparent film on the surface. Alkyd varnish is not afraid of water exposure and is ideal for application both for domestic and for outdoor stairs.
- oil - have low resistance to external factors, so they are best used for interior painting. After drying of such coatings to form on the surface of the object to be coated solid layer with a yellowish tinge.
- acrylic - give the wood a certain color.
- nitrocellulose - dries quickly, is used on the premises.
- polyester - after drying to form a dense, solid film that needs treatment polish. Resistant to water and other influences.
- polyurethane - have a high cost due to the strength, durability and environmental friendliness.
- epoxy - are resistant to the action of alkali, water and mechanical damage.
- polyurethane - have a high cost due to excellent strength, durability and environmental friendliness.
- Butter - Environmentally friendly, made on the basis of wax that is perfectly absorbed, easy to apply, it does not smell nasty. And also have germicidal oil and water repellency after drying are particularly strength and durability.
By correctly chosen lacquer dependent resistance and paint quality as well as preservation of the material.
The covered wooden stairs to the street
Since the tree is very amenable to the influence of climatic conditions, the care of the stairs of this material must be appropriate. Changes in temperature and humidity is particularly strong impact on the state of the tree, causing it to swell from moisture, rot or crumble.
Staircase, lacquered, not only protected from the adverse effects of the environment, but also has a more attractive appearance
If the ladder is mounted on the outside, began to crumble under the influence of weather conditions, it is possible to re-cover the surface varnish. This will allow to give it a perfect look and to avoid further damage.
Stages staining the wooden stairs in the house:
- Treat the old coating, trowel or grind hairdryer construction;
- We clean the surface of the sandpaper;
- Apply the impregnation process the wood from rot and other damage;
- Varnished or painted wooden staircase.
For outdoor stairs is better to take alkyd lacquers or water-based. Also wooden steps can be coated with a special paint. The protective coating must be periodically updated: processing and varnish.
wooden stairs treatment: the application of impregnation
To ensure long-term preservation of wood stairs on the street or in the house, it should be treated glazing impregnation. This tool will help to emphasize the wood structure and increase its resistance to the effects of mechanical damage and adverse weather conditions.
To preserve the natural beauty of wood and giving a certain pitch it is necessary to use decorative impregnation
Due to its composition, impregnation does not create a film on the surface of the material, liquid consistency of these funds allows a good soak into the wood.
Impregnation range is very wide, they differ in composition and properties. It is often used in the soaking water, nitrocellulose and organic basis.
Impregnation are divided into categories according to the purpose:
- As a protection against rotting due to the antifungal agents in the composition means.
- As a defense against the emergence of insects in the material.
- As the flame retardant for interior work on the basis of salt. Such impregnation material partially inhibit inflammation.
- To prepare the surface for painting finish, a varnish consumption savings or blue, uniform distribution of the final tool.
- For coloring the inner surfaces. Dyes in the composition of such an impregnation gives wood color and align the structure of the material.
There are also impregnation, which have multiple appointments and perform two or more functions.
Choosing paint for wooden stairs made of pine
The best material for the manufacture of staircases - wood of pine. How does it means to paint or varnish to maximize long time to maintain the effect of novelty?
Softwood trees have a higher tarry, that it is necessary to consider when selecting materials for wood
All parts of the pine stairs in need of painting by different means in accordance with their purpose and operation.
stair elements and the appropriate means to them to be painted:
- Working surface of steps painted enamels and lacquers based on alkyd.
- The surface of the steps by which walk, needs a solid lacquer layer. It has high durability polyurethane parquet lacquers, which are ideal for painting surface.
- For handrails and decorative details of the pine can be used alkyd and nitrocellulose lacquers.
Since the fibers have an improved resinous pine and pockets, the ladder of this material must be pretreated with a solution of turpentine or acetone. You can then carry out putty, sanding and painting.
Parquet varnish for stairs: painting features and benefits
Parquet lacquer for painting stairs should have protective and decorative qualities. Selection of lacquer in accordance with the expected load to the floor. The more people in the room is, the stronger and more reliable to be coated.
When painting with lacquer tree do not forget to observe basic safety rules
The following types of lacquers for parquet fit best:
- Anhydrous - based on alkyd resins are not affected by humidity and temperature differences;
- water-soluble - Water-based, it has a high level of environmental friendliness and safety. This varnish prevents odor. It should be applied to the primer.
- Acid-curable - high resistance is different is used for building with a heavy load on a parquet surface.
It is important to remember that working with varnishes observe certain safety precautions: Use protective equipment such as respirators and gloves. It should also be good ventilation during operation.
Very good reviews has German parquet lacquer, which has excellent strength and durability.
How to cover with varnish stairs in the house: the rules cover choice
Painted stairs indoors incorrigible produce an impression on guests and owners of the house, so it's important to choose the right tool for painting. It should not only emphasize the beauty and status of the home, but also reliably protect the safety of the tree.
With proper care and caring for a wooden staircase will serve you for many years
The variety and quality of the wood significantly affects the choice of covering for stairs in the house.
Rules for the choice of covering the stairs in the house:
- Matt lacquer is better to use in the field, particularly amenable to wear, because it, erasing, leaves no residue.
- Stair oak, hornbeam, ash and bamboo desirable to select clearcoats. This must be done in order to highlight the natural texture Dereviny.
- Applying stain to give the wood a certain color, it is better to try it on a small volume of the surface before paint the whole staircase. This is to avoid excessive shading material.
How to do it right: cover stairs varnish (video)
When choosing a varnish for stairs in the house should pay attention to the means of transparency. If Dereviny has shortcomings, it is better to choose an opaque lacquer, with its need to be applied in 2 layers. In this case, it is important not to forget about the standard wood paint process: cleaning, fillings and priming. should choose clear lacquers, which will emphasize the beauty and nobility for the expensive material.
Painted wooden stairs (photo examples)