Greetings Time Travelers, and welcome to a fifteen week curriculum covering:
Nationalizing and Globalizing the Northwest (1940s-2000)
- Unit One: WW II and its Aftermath
- Unit Two: Social and Political Trends of the 1950s-60s
- Unit Three: Economics and the Environment
Greetings, Time Travelers!
For all of us at the University of Montana, I want to welcome you to an exciting course of place-based learning. We think you will enjoy this learning adventure focused on the decades between 1940-2000.
You're in for a treat with the fine lectures presented by Dr. Michael Mayer, along with a guest appearance by Dan Flores in week 14.
Click here for a brief
- 30 second video clip
Professor Michael S. Mayer
Department of History
University of Montana
Hello all, and welcome to new and returning Time Travelers!
Please follow these few suggestions to get started in the course:
- Click on the Toolbox link above, and update and download all, as indicated.
- Click on Nav Notes and read the orientation to moving around (navigating) the site.
- Now you are ready to begin reviewing the content for Week One: WWII. Just hold your mouse/cursor over "Unit One" at top of page, and click on 1 WWII. You will be on the introduction page for the first week, and can click through the content pages: Lecture; Maps & Cityscapes; Tribal Perspectives; People and the Humanities; and Research.