Armstrong suspended ceiling is perfect for when you want to hide any defects or hidden communication Ceilings Armstrong has been for many years strongly dominated in the administrative and public buildings. The reasons are many: first of all, a real opportunity to hide any defects quite basic ceiling and hold (hide) under the ceiling virtually any communications, the presence of which, you will agree, is not pleased with any owners of, say, the office, or his visitors. Suspended ceiling ennoble the appearance of the premises, at a loss of its functionality, to get rid of any kind of alterations: a permutation of pipes, cables, ducts, etc.
Armstrong suspended ceiling where it is used
Armstrong suspended ceiling with a concealed grid system impresses with its stout, impeccable appearance and, therefore, widely used in various areas. Another important factor and easy mounting technology.
Armstrong ceiling mounted mainly in office buildings, however, with high ceilings, such a construction can be mounted in ordinary apartment
Very often they are assembled:
- In offices;
- In supermarkets;
- The restaurants;
- The entertainment centers;
- The flat base with high ceilings. However, even in the "Khrushchev" like ceiling suit, refusing, however, to the traditional pin suspensions. Thus, height loss - minimum.
Thus, Armstrong ceilings, originally conceived more as an office, found wider application.
Advantages and disadvantages of the form
However, the advantages of still cover with a vengeance all his faults, otherwise, they have not been applied with success to this day.
- Beautiful appearance;
- Easy installation;
- Beautiful heat and sound insulation;
- The large ceiling space can fit almost all sorts of communications. In order to get to the electrical and ventilation communications do not need any tools - no spin is not necessary.
- The ceiling is easy to repair and costs - are minimal.
- ceiling tiles, as well as profiles are easily cut, which greatly facilitates their installation.
From all this it is clear that Armstrong ceilings have a lot of indisputable advantages.
The main advantages of Armstrong ceilings is possible to carry good looks and ease of installation, and the shortcomings - low humidity and significant impact on the height of the room
- The ceiling does not possess high mechanical strength;
- In most cases, it is not moisture-proof. When the leakage spots remain on the surface, if not, the material swells, and part of the ceiling to be replaced, however, at low cost, and in the absence of any qualification of one who is going to do.
- Ceiling mount, making curved shapes possible.
- Diagonal design can make only an experienced specialist.
- As a result of Armstrong's installation, ceiling height becomes at least lower than 250 mm.
Nevertheless, suspended ceilings Armstrong did not become any less in demand by the consumer.
Technical specifications and conditions of storage
The ceiling comprises an overhead system consisting of profiles and mineral plates, which are mounted on it.
Base - mineral fibers (rock wool). In the more expensive boards accrue greater amount of latex.
For ease of installation is carried out with different types of edges: Microlook, Tegular, Board. They are used in suspension systems width of 1, 5, 2, 4 cm (the first two concerns, respectively), and the latter is universal for all systems.
At the heart of ceiling tiles is mineral wool
Dimensions of plates Armstrong:
- The width is 600 mm;
- Length - 600-1200 mm;
- Thickness - from 8 to 25 mm;
- Weight varies from 2, 7 to 8 kg / m2.
In one pile - plate 8-22. Allowable storage humidity - 90%, temperature - 15-30 °.
With regard to the suspension system, it is usually of two types: continuous (tape), and modular. The first type is used most often.
Types of suspended ceilings Armstrong system
One of the main advantages - a great opportunity to hide all the flaws of the base of the ceiling under the ceiling.
In addition, the design allows you to mount different types of lamps, fire protection system, etc.
Many kinds of false ceilings, with regard to such parameters as the thickness of the panel, it can also vary.
Armstrong system is also used in many of the specialized agencies, such as arrangement of acoustic ceilings or hygiene
Thus, the species:
- Acoustic ceiling. It's parts - part of a single ensemble, mosaics; its attachments, are very visible in the interior. They help to reduce noise and improve acoustics. Indispensable in theaters and conference halls, kindergartens, shopping malls.
- Design. It has a wide choice. The material can be very different, from the embossed and printed patterns, and color to the latticed panels.
- Moisture resistant. Well-proven since 1996. Suitable for use in rooms with high humidity, that is, in the baths, laundries, swimming pools, outdoor structures, etc.
- Economical. These include ceilings Oasis and Lake Baikal. Optimally, a beautiful choice for any room.
- Universal. Its quality combines safety, comfort and aesthetics.
- Hygienic. The mineral fiber plate with an antimicrobial coating are environmentally friendly. They are used in medical institutions, food industry.
Each of these ceilings has specifications that allow to satisfy every customer demand.
The construction of suspended ceiling Armstrong and elements
The main components of the suspended ceiling Armstrong are:
Thus, on these "two pillars" and the whole structure rests.
Suspended ceiling Armstrong represents a metal frame to which are secured during mounting panel
Frame (subsystem) is suspended from the ceiling on a base, to maintain certain height, and already on the frame and mounted all the elements.
A basic element have been and remain plates - their appearance and attracts consumers.
Suspended ceiling Armstrong
The ceiling is designed very simply, and its installation is not so complicated.
- Profile carrier;
- Profile cross-section;
- Longitudinal profile;
- Wall profile (perimeter);
- Mounting assembly (located in the base ceiling);
- Suspension consisting of a hook and rod;
- Ceiling slab.
Installation and removal of ceiling tiles in the ceiling Armstrong is very simple
In order to gain access to the void is sufficient to lift the right plate and move it to the side. Set plate in the reverse order.
Removal and installation of panels is simple to genius. One could hardly come up with something even more simple.
Ceiling Mounting - completely collapsible. As for the plates, they are manufactured from different materials - so there are plenty to choose!
Armstrong ceiling mounting options (video)
Standard for suspended ceilings Armstrong
According to the Standard, the data structures are characterized by the claim.
As for the SNP, then it is clearly stated that the ceilings, Armstrong referred to the system, are low hazard structures, and they can be used in areas with the following conditions.
- At a temperature above + 12 ° C;
- At 70% relative humidity, no more.
If modules are designed their non-hygroscopic materials, the humidity is allowed up to 100%.
The ceilings of this type can be used in any heated areas with humidity up to 70%
In this particular case, the suspension system is subject to further processing the polymer from the inside in order to resist the harmful effects of corrosion.
Suspended ceilings can be made of different materials: metal, wood and mineral fiber composition which can be different. Each of these materials has different characteristics.
With regard to fire safety, is an important factor in consumer security, according to British standard (homeland Armstrong), it is set at the time, which is calculated in minutes, during which the ceiling is able to resist the ravages of fire. This is a factor that we are called like this: fire resistance.
10 reasons to choose the suspended ceiling Armstrong
Armstrong ceilings are popular for a long time. And over the years, this popularity has not decreased, but on the contrary, only grows. So what makes people from one year to make a choice in favor of these ceilings?
- Attractive appearance. The ceiling seems easy (which is true), even warm and soft visually. Regardless of the room where it is installed, it seems almost home-like atmosphere.
- Affordable price. All this construction is inexpensive. And it is not necessary to purchase a suspended ceiling, for example, made in Germany, purchase ceiling from China enough. Believe me, its quality is wonderful and the price is lower.
- Can be installed by hand. After studying the articles, photos and videos, you can get to work. The main thing is not to rush and do everything carefully, carefully and slowly.
- Easy to repair the ceiling. To replace one or more plates, no need to hire people, or to be a genius of construction.
- A wide range of selection plates. The material is different, the choice is great.
- The ceiling is calculated on the premises of any functionality. It can be applied anywhere, from apartments to the baths.
- Safety for the consumer. Ceiling meets all required standards, up to the limit of fire resistance.
- Save your money. You will be spared from the repair of the ceiling in the years to come.
- Possibility to hide communication. Under the ceiling will be all that hitherto marred appearance of the premises: pipes, wiring, bumps and blemishes base ceiling.
- Improves heat and sound insulation qualities of the room. This is a significant plus for virtually all types of premises, and not only for music studios, as it is for some reason considered to be.
Armstrong Ceiling - a simple and affordable way to make any room attractive
Thus, the benefits of suspended ceilings Armstrong obvious.
Despite the "old age" of the invention and technology, Armstrong ceilings are still popular.
These benefits are the decisive factor for the choice of the consumer.
Suspended ceiling Armstrong (video)
In conclusion I would like to add that having arranged the room suspended ceiling Armstrong, you can do it for relatively little money, to avoid possible alterations of various communications, and, in addition, at times improve the appearance of the premises. It is, in fact, a simplified cosmetic repairs, and, for many years, with huge savings on other work, the need for which just falls away. One need only imagine how much money would be spent on materials that, after the installation of Armstrong, no longer need to purchase, and to the work itself a whole army of specialists in various fields, to spend money also no longer need! In addition, you get rid of unnecessary dirt and save a lot of time. Make your right choice!
Design suspended ceilings Armstrong (photo)