Thermal insulation of the ceiling in a private house with mineral wool: step by step guide
Insulate the ceiling with mineral wool in a private home quite easily. With this work can cope even novichokUteplit ceiling in a private house with mineral wool with your hands easily. You can make installation work on the part of the attic and attach the insulation material directly on the ceiling. Everything will depend on your individual preferences. If for any reason you do not want to use mineral wool, you can use ecowool or glass wool. These materials are also very good and durable.
Insulation of mineral wool ceiling from the attic: step by step guide
Mineral wool - unique insulation. With it can easily insulate the ceiling in a wooden house from the inside of the room and the outside.
It should be noted that the outer insulation of the ceiling produce desirable in areas where there is free access to the entire exterior of the ceiling structure.
Many experts believe that it is better to lay a layer of rock wool from the attic
The sequence of insulation attic ceiling side of the ceiling:
- First lay the layer of vapor barrier material. If the attic has a lag, this material should be put under them.
- If there is no lag, they need to make their own. For this, use strips or metal profile. Height and thickness of the purlin insulating layer must match.
- The space between joists lay a layer of mineral wool.
- After laying is complete, secure insulation by means of fixing plugs. Use products that have a large diameter of the cap.
- After work lay waterproofing layer.
What should be the thickness of the mineral wool insulation for the ceiling
The thickness of the mineral wool - a very important parameter. The particular thickness will depend on the material from which the ceiling is made. In addition, it is necessary to consider a method of warming the home.
When choosing a mineral wool thickness is necessary to pay attention to the density of the insulation. If it is 50 kg per 1 m³, it is possible to use thicker insulation
When choosing a thickness refer to the following instructions:
- If the home is insulated by concrete slab ceiling, you need to use cotton wool with a minimum thickness of 10 centimeters.
- If your home has a heated attic, you can use insulation with a thickness up to 8 centimeters.
- If you have a pitched roof type construction, and for its installation was used material with high thermal conductivity, the optimum thickness of the mineral wool - 30 centimeters.
How to insulate the ceiling with mineral wool inside
Attach the mineral wool can be directly on the ceiling. This method of insulation is more simple. Insulate the ceiling inside the rational for homes with several floors.
For mineral wool insulation of the ceiling in the house on the inside, more rational to buy a heater in the form of plates
Produce work needed in the following sequence:
- Initially, you need to make a crate ceiling. For its manufacturing it is desirable to use metal profiles. Attach to the surface of the crate with nails need.
- Once you make the crate, you need to secure the waterproofing layer.
- Next you need to start laying mineral wool. It should be fixed on the ceiling with a special glue solution. If you do not, use the staple gun.
- Then you need to lay asphalt or other material that you use as a vapor barrier.
If you use the adhesive plaster, then you need to carefully prepare the surface. Advance preparation involves cleaning of the ceiling of the different finishing materials. This procedure is necessary to improve the adhesive bonding strength.
As laid insulation on the ceiling between the rafters
Sometimes it is necessary to lay a layer of insulation between the rafters. Make it easy enough. It is worth noting that this method of insulation should be chosen mineral wool, the width of which corresponds to the distance between adjacent beams.
Algorithm insulation between the rafters of the ceiling:
- First you need to cut the mineral wool.
- After this canvas to elbow into the space between the rafters. Do not forget a little bend the edges of the material.
- Thereafter, proceed to the subsequent finishing of the roof.
For ceiling insulation between rafters need to purchase a heater which is not smaller in width than the distance between the beams
When laying the insulation between the rafters do not forget to properly install ventilation. Otherwise, the high risk of harmful condensation.
What is mineral wool ceiling is best
What is mineral wool is better to choose? First of all, pay attention to the material from which the product is made. For the manufacture of mineral wool used glass or stone. Each of these materials has a number of its advantages and disadvantages.
Mineral wool is manufactured by glass molded, glass sand. Such a material has a light yellow color. Mineral glass wool should be used for thermal insulation of ceilings and floors in wooden buildings.
The advantages of glass are:
- Low weight.
- High elasticity.
- Fire resistance.
It is worth noting that the choice of mineral wool should be given preference for German products, as in Germany, are increased requirements for insulation materials
Stone wool has worse characteristics, however, is widespread. This material is used for insulation of the ceiling, as well as for pipe insulation.
A significant advantage of stone wool is its long service life.
Warming ecowool low ceiling with his hands
Before beginning installation ecowool should be treated with boric acid. It is necessary to reduce the risk of fire material.
ceiling insulation algorithm ecowool:
- First you need to prepare the floor for anchoring. To do this, you need to spread out across the surface of the perimeter of a special vapor retarding film.
- Then you have to knead the material.
- Further ekovaty flakes scatter over the entire surface. Tamp the material by means of a veneer.
- Then it is necessary to lay the flooring on the floor.
Ecowool is a natural material which is widely used for insulation of buildings from the attic
Ecowool insulate the ceiling, you can use the special blown installation.
Sometimes warming space technology using ecowool provides preliminary sprinkling of water on the surface.
Insulation of glass wool ceiling: step by step guide
Often used for thermal insulation of the ceiling glass wool. This material is fire resistant, durable and practical. A significant drawback of such material is the need to use protective clothing while working.
Thermal insulation of the ceiling by means of glass wool in the following order:
- First you need to nail the nails to the ceiling.
- Then you need to pull on the thread nails.
- Place the glass layer.
- Next, you need to attach to the ceiling anti-condensate film.
- Hammer nails for the most hat. This will ensure a tight fixation of insulation layer.
Before laying mineral wool do not forget to clean the surface of building materials and install a metal or wooden crate
To make installation work on warming is desirable in the summer. This will help to remove excess moisture and condensation.
Insulation of mineral wool ceiling (video)
Produce insulation of the ceiling in the house can be both internally and from the outside. The main thing - to adhere to a set of rules. You also need to choose the right heating material. When you select a specific model you need to pay attention to the features of the ceiling and roof.