The thickness and other parameters of the gypsum board ceiling
Drywall is easy to use. It could easily take the desired shape for potolkaGipsokarton began to be used more in the 70s of the last century. Today, without this stuff does not do any repairs. Plasterboard is often used for decoration of the ceiling, because it can be used to create even a multi-level structure. Gypsum is a filler of the material, and the board is the foundation. Plasterboard has a smooth structure, whereby the sheet can easily be given any shape.
The main types of plasterboard ceilings
Multilevel ceiling plasterboard nice to decorate the interior of your room
What types of ceilings exist? Distinguish 3 types of drywall constructions: one-tier, two-tier and three-tier. There are also models with a complex configuration.
One-level ceilings are composed of:
- Frame. It is made of metal and is fastened to the supporting wall.
- Plasterboard lining.
A one-tier system is often used as the base for the more complex structure. This system helps to hide the irregularities of the ceiling and is perfect for finishing small size premises.
Two-level and three-level system can have different configurations. They are used for decoration of large areas. Such systems can be configured oval, square or rectangle.
There are 3 types of two-level and three-level systems:
- Diagonal. This ceiling is set at one-tier system or an ordinary concrete floor. The layout of the type used in case you need to get a visual separation of any part of the room. For example, the diagonal ceilings may be used for the separation between the seating and work.
- Framework. Such a system represents the angular box or figured shape. Framework the ceiling is often used for finishing small areas, because it can be used to achieve the visual expansion space.
- Zone. This design can be used to frame the ceiling in the living room or kitchen. Zonal system is useful if you have divided the room into a recreation area and a work area.
Models of complex configuration are rarely used. They should be used if you wish to make a multi-level structure.
Putting coffered ceiling plasterboard
Collect coffered ceiling with his hands just enough. Before proceeding with the installation design, you need to apply putty to the surface. After that, proceed to the assembly of the frame.
In order to produce high-quality frame, you need to put on a ceiling grid of rectangular configuration. The size of each cell is determined individually. When you select a dimension cell note the dimensions of the room.
coffered ceiling assembly is made in the following order:
- According markup attach the ceiling to the ceiling profile.
- Inflection profile incise with scissors for metal.
- Once fabricated frame, proceed to the headliner. To fix this base to plasterboard by means of screws.
- Then you need to seal the places where the fasteners are installed with putty.
- Next you need to remove the excess putty and apply a decorative coating.
What Drywall better to use for finishing the ceiling
Resilient drywall deliver ceiling from sagging in the middle of the room
To design was strong, you need to pick the best materials. In this case, you should take into account the characteristics of the premises. The most common material - the usual drywall. It is advisable to apply for finishing ceilings in rooms with low humidity. The thickness of this material may vary.
For finishing ceilings recommended plasterboard sheet, whose thickness is 9 millimeters. It has a low specific gravity, and will not overload the structure.
Widespread water-resistant drywall. The composition of this material contains special anti-fungal agents. Moisture resistant plasterboard core consists of silicon granules.
Moisture resistant gypsum board should be used for finishing:
Yet there is a fireproof drywall. The composition of this material includes reinforcement components. The fire-resistant drywall should be used for finishing attics or industrial premises.
How to make a starry sky on the ceiling plasterboard
Starry sky Plasterboard will light up any room. Ideal for children's rooms and bedrooms
Starry sky on the ceiling plasterboard - an unusual design solution. To produce the element of decor can be yourself. To do this, you need to choose the right light engine, which will need to connect an optical fiber.
The manufacturing process of a starry sky on the ceiling plasterboard:
- First you need to attach the galvanized profile. We need to fix it with the help of anchor dowels.
- Is then attached to the surface of the suspensions.
- Suspended ceiling set profile.
- We fix the frame using screws.
- Cropped drywall boards.
- Drill holes in the tiles. They will need to output optical fibers.
- The optical fiber insert holes.
- Lift the plate and fix it using screws. Repeat this process as long as the plates will not cover the entire ceiling.
- Then you need to apply putty to the ceiling.
- Next proceed to surface staining.
- After the paint is dry, it is necessary to pull the optical fiber 2-3 millimeters from the gypsum board.
- Secure thread with an adhesive.
If you do not want to use the light-generator can produce a starry sky with the help of LED bulbs. They must be installed in special holes made in the drywall sheets.
The thickness of the drywall to the ceiling (video)
When choosing drywall pay attention to the size and material of which the plate. If you plan to install brand ceiling in rooms with high humidity, it is better to give preference to a moisture resistant sheets. To furnish living room or children's suit ordinary drywall. Also, before you start, decide to ceiling views. For the manufacture of single tier designs desirable to apply drywall small thickness, and for multi - plasterboard than 9 millimeters thick.
The thickness of the drywall to the ceiling (photo)