Fireplace lends coziness and comfort of the living room, as well as promotes relaxation engaged in the design of the room with fireplace followed with particular interest and participation, giving preference to qualities such as convenience, comfort and convenience. Create an atmosphere of comfort and a home help such a decor element, such as a fireplace in the living room, he catches the eye and becomes the highlight of the interior.
Modern design fireplaces in the living room
A time when the fireplace was the main source of heat are long gone, now in homes using gas or electric heating, and a built-in fireplace used only as a decorative element.
What style of fireplace will be issued it depends on your imagination.
Fireplace in the living room can be arranged with the help of natural stone, decorative bricks and tiles
Here are some ideas for choosing the style:
- Classic style is always important, it does not depend on the whims of fashion. Style characterized by regular geometric shape, noble color tones, mirrors framed in gold, expensive, solid furniture made of natural materials, luxurious sculptures. In this style of interior, ideal for a fireplace made of natural stone or marble, with the addition of stucco, moldings, columns. Above the fireplace can be arranged family photos, pictures, statues or other objects of art.
- Minimalism and a loft - it's functionality and rationality in detail without using any decorative elements. This style will be appropriate to the strict execution of the fireplace, it is best when used with a rough surface finish as the surface of the concrete, wood and brick design and other options.
- Hi-tech translates as "high technology", it is suitable for people walking in step with the times. Style is defined by smooth walls, the lack of carpeting, a minimal amount of furniture, crisp geometric shapes. simple colors used in the design: white base, metallic gray and black edging. Such a design is perfect for a fireplace of heat-resistant glass, with chrome details.
- Country and rustic style, which is also called the style of Provence, create the feeling of a cozy house.
With the use of elements such as the skin of a wild animal, antique furniture with built-in wardrobe of natural wood may rocking chair, woven mats, light-colored walls - here generally fit fireplace trimmed with coarse, massive stone, grays or timber of warm tones.
Spacious living room with a fireplace in the apartment: everything is possible
Gone are the days when the fireplace could afford only the owners of private houses now even in the Khrushchev, it is not uncommon. Of course, the installation of the fireplace in the apartment, not an easy task.
This will require the presence of special ventilation, to build a chimney structure and, most importantly, to get a building permit.
Opposite the fireplace in the living room is a place the upholstered furniture and a small table
Intractable will and fireplace installation of a gas type, also need permission from the relevant authorities, and holding it in the cylinder apartment with gas, not the safest idea.
It remains an option with an electric fireplace, among other options, he is sounding like, and there are reasons for this:
- Permits, licenses and certificates to redevelop do not need to install an electric fireplace;
- Electric fireplace is mobile, it can easily be rearranged, if you have to change the interior;
- No soot and dirt from both of these fireplaces;
- Security - there is no need to store fuel in an apartment;
- The most economical in comparison with other alternative;
- The apartments with central heating, an excellent tool to warm up the room;
- Easy to maintain.
In addition to electric, there is another cheaper project - false fireplace. Such artificial fireplace can do with his hands, he did not spend a lot of time and effort. There are many varieties of its production: it is possible to build a fireplace made of plasterboard on the front side to add a decorative element (imitation of the fireplace, in the mansion), and in the very cavity of the mirror set and decor under the candles to create a subdued light.
Select fireplace under the general style
As of today, you can purchase a fireplace to suit every taste and color, whether it is a fireplace made of stone, wood, glass or metal. An important factor behind this acquisition is to match the overall style of the living room and fireplace.
Fireplace, surrounded by natural stone, perfectly suited for the living room, made in the style of the country
The modern idea of combining functional spaces, in particular, such as the living room and dining room. This layout will allow more efficient use of the area is released additional square meters, where you can build another room.
Fireplace in this case can be designed as zoning, to separate functional parts:
- sitting area;
- dining area.
When combined, the oven will not only enjoy the fire, but also to prepare a small meal over an open fire.
In most suburban residential houses have several floors, and therefore the original idea to place the fire under the stairs. This solution is ideal for rooms with a small area. Effectively and advantageously will look big furnace brick and wooden ladder, or, if both elements are made of the same material. However, in this case, all fire safety regulations must be maintained that there was no ladder fire threat.
Fireplace in the middle of the living room - the prerogative of the premises with a large area, where such an arrangement does not interfere with the proportional furnishing and comfort. But, this oven, so as not to get lost and having the dimensions of the room.
Fireplaces in the living room Ideas: Photos and examples
Since a great many models of fireplaces, so as not to get lost in this diversity, there is a classification of furnaces.
The original idea is the location of a long electric fireplace in the seating made in Nouveau or hi-tech
Depending on the location of the room, different main types of fireplaces:
- Placed in the center of the room, not in contact with the wall, the focus can be seen from all sides;
- Arranged with a chimney in the wall itself, are created during the construction of the home.
Pristennye fireplaces are not built into the very design of the house, can be installed in any home.
By type furnace flame may be:
- Or open, no fenced fire. Due to the romance of an open flame, it creates a comfortable and beautiful environment. The disadvantage of this fireplace is that it loses flame furnaces closed on a number of characteristics.
- Or with a closed fire. Such a fire is hidden in the recess, a wall of heat-resistant glass insulates the fuel combustion.
By what fueled furnace, they are divided into wood-burning fireplaces or coal, gas, electric and eco-friendly fireplaces.
Interior decoration in the living room with fireplace
There are basic principles of the furniture in the living room.
Lately it has become fashionable to hang over the fireplace, flat screen TV
- With one or both sides of the fireplace it is advisable to arrange the chairs to be comfortable and enjoy the warm fire long, cold evenings;
- Front of the fireplace, you can put a small coffee table;
- Sofa upholstery color palette is best to use a similar upholstered chairs;
- Fireplace must be made in the same style as the furniture.
Placement of furniture thought out in advance, so that did not seem cluttered living or non-residential.
Making a living room with fireplace (video)
A variety of little things in the interior (paintings, photos, cute trinkets) give life the room. Fireplace can be supplemented by attributes such as shovel, rake, cast-iron fence.
living room with fireplace design (interior photo)