The combination kitchen, dining and living: 5 design secrets
Living room and kitchen can be successfully combined into a single space, the main thing - stick to a certain style of modern design provides a wide field for the realization of designer fantasies and solutions. Today, a popular trend in the design is the integration of several zones, which allows functional and practical to use the room. Kitchen dining and living room can be successfully combined into one space. It is important to design the interior in the same style, so as not to create an eclectic effect.
Combining Space: advantages and disadvantages
Today, one of the most popular types of redevelopment is to combine the kitchen, dining and living room. The owners of apartments and houses looking to expand the space, make it the most practical and convenient.
It is important to bear in mind that the entire process of redevelopment can take a long period of time. It is also assumed considerable financial costs.
In order not to regret about the repair in the midst of it or after it, the owners of the premises should be familiar with the advantages and disadvantages of the combined kitchen-dining-living room.
Advantages of combined space:
- Opportunity to maximize space, which is especially important for owners of small residential areas. A large area of the room opens up great opportunities for designers and translating their ideas agreed with the owners.
- A large area suggests the presence of multiple windows, which affects the room lighting, its perception and beautiful appearance.
- The combined space allows the owner go about their business and at the same time to communicate with the rest of the family.
- This design simplifies the life of mothers with young children.
- Ease of organizing events and parties.
Combining the kitchen and living room is a great option for small apartments, however, and disadvantages of such solutions are also available
Expanded space presents many advantages, which affect the decision to make alterations. However, negative factors may influence the decision.
Disadvantages of combined space:
- The smell of cooking will seep into all areas of the combined space, despite the hood and ventilate the room.
- Work art, noise produced by a blender, a washing machine and other devices may interfere with rest or busy households.
- Combined dining room and kitchen of the pollution impact on the premises, so the cleaning will be done every day or even several times a day.
When deciding on the redevelopment is important to weigh all the pros cons to determine the willingness to suffer for the sake of the significant advantages of disadvantages.
The combined kitchen-living room-dining room: Planning
Disposition of the space depends on the size and characteristics of the merged area.
When connecting the space and its arrangement, designers are advised to adhere to a single style. It is very difficult to do on your own without being a professional in this field.
It is important to bear in mind that the elite plan in an apartment or a house with a large area is different from the smaller area. Therefore, the study of design techniques it is important to pay attention to the dimensions of the room, to which they are applied.
To select the right plan must take into account, first of all, the size of the room
Types of planning for different types of rooms:
- Spacious room. It can be decorated in an island or peninsular style. Furniture can be set by the letter R, you can also use a corner kitchen.
- Studio apartment. Can be issued in the form of letter G. A good complement to it will be bright and unusual bar.
For the convenience of layout furniture can be arranged in a row, which will save space for a living area.
Design kitchen-dining-living room in the house: photo and recommendations
When you make a kitchen-dining-living room in the house it is important to perform the planning room.
When combining the kitchen area, dining room and living room in the house it is important to remember that the area should be clearly zoned. Despite the fact that the kitchen is open plan, it is intended for cooking, dining room - for the use of food and reception desk - to relax, work, perhaps the holidays and parties.
Each zone should be given due attention, but it should ensure that the space looked organically.
Combining the kitchen and living room, it should be remembered that space should be clearly divided into appropriate areas
Secrets of proper planning
- Arrangement of furniture should be started from the kitchen area. When the distribution of furniture is important to follow the rule of "triangle". Sink, refrigerator and stove should be there for the convenience and comfort of the working area.
- kitchen area can be done in the form of the letters P and G. It can also be linear and parallel.
- The dining room can be performed according to the scheme letters T, if the room is small enough.
- A large area requires any convenient layout for the living room, kitchen with dining area.
Before proceeding to the design and planning of the room, you need to make an outline or design project of the future premises.
When designing a kitchen design should follow the so-called "triangle" rule
Design kitchen-dining-living room in the apartment: the types of zoning
Methods of zoning of space in the apartment depend on the type and area of the premises. In order to place accents correctly, designers are using professional techniques.
According to their type of zoning is divided into visual and physical. The first is executed by means of light and color effects, the second - with the help of furniture and architectural techniques.
In order to fulfill as efficiently as zoning, it is better to seek help from a professional designer.
Kitchen area can be further isolated using spotlights
Methods of zoning:
- Kitchen lighting spotlights, the dining room can be lit by a chandelier and suspensions over the dining table, the living room can be lit with chandeliers slop with sconces, floor lamp and table lamp.
- Using color to highlight certain areas. For example, a dining room can be identified more bright and elegant color, perform the remaining zones in more restrained colors. When making the kitchen is important to take into account the high humidity.
- Zoning by means of floor finish. The kitchen can be finished with tiles, a dining room and living room - parquet.
Successful zoning can be done with the decor. In the case can go plants, paintings, sculptures, mirrors. Zoning premises with a large area can be performed using the decorative screens.
Kitchen-dining-living room (video)
Making the kitchen-dining-living room together in one room - a labor-intensive activity that requires sufficient time and material costs. For the implementation of redevelopment may need special documents that allow for repairs. An important stage in the design of shared space is the zoning. It must be harmonious, unobtrusive, but clearly made in the same style. Modern designers are ready to offer a lot of ready-made ideas to make the kitchen-dining room-living room in each house an original and unique.
Design kitchen-dining-living room (photo)