The ceiling of the foam: 8 recommendations
Quickly and accurately update the ceiling, you can use the penoplastaOdnim of the lightest and warmest building material is polystyrene (Styrofoam). Scope of the foam is unlimited use. It is used for thermal insulation of residential, office and technical premises. Scope of the polystyrene is not limited to use. Expanded polystyrene is used for both interior and exterior finishing. It is one of the most common types of insulation used in the decoration and wall. The main advantage of foam is that it can easily be treated and fasteners. In the field of use, the foam does not require additional waterproofing and vapor barrier. Affordable and easy installation brings the most important feature of the application is not only for specialists, but also for ordinary citizens.
Foam ceiling 5 the material properties
The foam - a foam material with a tight structure of white color consisting essentially of 98% air. The remaining 2% is polystyrene.
Many people prefer to choose the foam for finishing the ceiling, because it is water-resistant and durable
- Thermal conductivity - one of the undeniable and unique properties of the foam due to the fact that it consists of polyhedral cells, tightly closed to each other. This reduces the heat exchange that serves an obstacle to cold air.
- Soundproofing and wind-proof - surface insulation foam, does not need additional, wind-proof material, and the dense cell structure causes a good sound insulation.
- Water resistance - polystyrene has a very low hygroscopicity and absorbs a minimum amount of moisture.
- Durability and strength - foam boards do not lose their properties for a long period of time. Do not undergo deformation and destruction, and the strength is dependent on the density and thickness of the plate.
- Chemical and biological stability - exhibits resistance to mortar, lacquers and paints. Not react to the impact of vegetable and animal oils.
The foam is ignited, but only by direct contact with fire. Independently, polystyrene foam does not support combustion process and attenuates within a few seconds. These data characterize the foam is fireproof.
How to paste over the ceiling with his hands foam
One of the most popular types of finishing the ceiling is the design of the foam tiles. This method is very popular and is available, and also does not require large financial costs. It is quite cheap and make it your own hands is not much difficulty.
If you have decided on their own to paste over the ceiling with foam, then you should prepare the materials in advance to work and make calculations
Stages gluing foam plates:
- Calculation of the tiles on the ceiling. It is necessary to calculate the ceiling area in square meters and purchase the appropriate number of tiles.
- The choice of adhesive. Attach to the ceiling tile can use liquid nails, but if the surface is not smooth, you can apply the finish plaster with the addition of PVA glue.
- Processing and preparation of the surface. Clean the surface and apply antiseptic primer, which will improve the coupling material.
- Selection tool. Stationery knife and paint the cord. Scissors, some spatulas and brush. Cloth or any suitable cloth.
- Application Markup. The marking is performed using a paint yarn or cord for determining the center point of the diagonals. Variety of gluing is used as smooth-row, and chaotic.
- Spreading the adhesive on the tile. The adhesive is applied directly on the tile, but it is possible to put it on the ceiling surface is not limited to marking visibility. Glue structure starts with the center of the ceiling and currentless surface.
- Treatment of joints between the tiles. After bonding material should be sealed seams finishing plaster and paint surface when full drying.
Form tile has a different configuration, and the front surface. Its decorative texture can be smooth, glossy or embossed, and coloring mimics decorative stone, stucco, wood carvings and fabrics.
Varieties foam panels for ceiling
Polystyrene plate for a ceiling, generally have a standard form and appear in the form of squares, the size of which is 50 x 50 and 30 x30 cm. There are commercially available and rectangular panels, but very rarely.
The main disadvantage of foam panels is that they are hardly suitable for finishing the ceiling in a room with expensive interior
The manufacturing process of such panels allocates 3 varieties:
- pressed panel created using the dies that form embossed, textured impression, as well as retain the grit material. Such products have a white color and a thickness up to 8 mm.
- extruded panels produced by vacuum-thermal method. Have a glossy surface with a voluminous decor and embossed patterns. Care for such ceiling is quite simple. Refinishing such panels are not used.
- injection panel treated with steam and have a thickness of 9 to 14 mm. One of the main advantages is the water resistance. Designed for use in wet areas.
polystyrene foam panels have some drawback - it is inappropriate for the use of expensive interiors.
The main negative feature of polystyrene - gidranepronitsaemost. Inside the foam creates a thermos effect and prevents the walls to absorb excess moisture. This can serve as the emergence of the fungus in the room.
A few tips for finishing the ceiling foam
With the right approach to the ceiling repair, you can get the perfect result. Ceiling pokleit foam can anyone know if there is a certain subtlety. Curly and decorative patterns on the tiles, partially give visual alignment of the ceiling and create a specific design of the room.
Using the foam, you can create interesting compositions on the ceiling, a combination between a variety of colors
- Before installation, it is recommended to leave the material in the room where it will be used;
- Combine colors and make stacking the panels may be a rhombus;
- The process of laying pattern must not be interrupted in the middle of the series;
- Clearances recommended overwrite after complete drying of the adhesive;
- After contact with the adhesive on the front surface must immediately remove it;
- Tile is pressed against the ceiling without hands, and the long rule or beam;
- Lamps, LED strip, sockets and other electrical equipment mounted on a distance of not less than 10 cm from the coating;
- Secure the foam moldings (corners) to complete the gluing panels;
Create a ceiling of plastic foam with your hands (video)
With foam on the ceiling, you can create a lot of drawings and patterns. Apply clouds, squares, night sky and other decorative elements. Thanks to the foam having different thicknesses, it is possible to mount a two-tiered ceiling, using special mounting and suitable equipment. A certain kind of paint will make it possible to wash the surface and repaint it several times.
Design of ceilings from foam (Interior photos)