The better to paint the wooden stairs in the house: the secrets and tricks
Almost every owner, having at their disposal a private residence, is committed to ensuring Thu To paint a ladder, you can greatly extend its life Oba make it as cozy, comfortable and beautiful. No detail house or villa should not stand out from the building to the interior looked elegant and harmonious. And if the room is, unpainted wooden staircase, you must first be put in order. After all, wood, though, and is one of the best building materials, is in need of additional coatings to maintain their aesthetic and performance properties.
Painting wooden stairs: tips on choosing a coloring agent
Before you begin to paint a ladder, you must decide exactly what kind of results you need to get. It will not make a mistake with the choice of coloring material and technology of its application.
So, what do you need to keep in mind when starting to paint:
- If the natural wood pattern is so beautiful that I want to leave him - better to choose a glossy or matt lacquer instead of paint;
- To save the texture should renounce the use of basecoat and paint must be purchased "light", which allows the tree to "breathe";
- In the case of paint inside the house to take care that the composition used had fast-drying properties, and leaves no unpleasant odor dolgovyvetrivayuschegosya.
When buying paint should ask the seller a certificate confirming their quality
As for the steps to handle them should be selected paint characterized by its strength and resistance to abrasion. Otherwise, after a short time, stairs have to "experience" a new facelift.
The paint must have protective properties to protect the wood from rot, dust, fungi, and not to give it to lose its appearance.
Paint for wooden stairs and its variants
In any market or hardware store, you can find a lot of very different compositions for painting stairs made of wood. But in order to choose exactly what you need, you need to know all kinds of dyes.
Paints suitable for subsequent processing of wooden stairs are divided into:
- alkyd - their main advantage is considered that they are pretty fast drying and contain in their composition antiseptics, non-toxic. Furthermore, they cover the ladder with a protective layer that protects it from various mechanical defects. Such paints are affordable and varied in color.
- acrylic - do not have a strong smell, and quickly dry, have a long service life (up to 20 years). Do not fade and do not fade with the passage of time, do not contain harmful volatile substances. "Breathe" allow wood. They have a very wide color gamut.
- oil - the benefits of such paints include low price and relatively cost-effective means of consumption. But at the same surface covered with such a composition, just "not breathing" and vulnerable to abrasion and damage. It contains some harmful substances to the body for a long time to dry. The maximum lifetime of a paint 5 years.
Among all types of acrylic paints are the best
The best option for painting of wooden stairs - alkyd paints. They give consistently good results, and use them to serve as a ladder will be long and well-groomed and beautiful look.
With regard to specific brands and manufacturers, it may be advisable: Tikkurila Empire, Betolux, Dufa, Viva Color, Pesto, Dulux.
What happens paint for wooden stairs inside the house
Stairs can be both inside the home and outside it. There are differences between what it should be treated with wood interior.
To perform painting wooden staircase inside the building, you can use:
- Special impregnation or stain.
And it is not necessary to choose something one. You can "play" with them and try to combine the different dyes. For example, further process the paint with clear varnish.
For stairs inside the room, you can also use special enamel paints. They are distinguished by high speed drying, lack of toxins in their composition and excellent barrier properties.
But it should be remembered that the enamel is necessary to use only dry, well sheltered from the rain area. Otherwise, the ladder will be vulnerable to moisture.
For treatment of wooden stairs can be used enamel Swedish company Synteko or Italian manufacturer Sirca. They are of course quite expensive, but in this case, the quality justifies the price.
There is a wide variety of colors, different in color, type and price
As for paints, then their task is mainly to emphasize the natural texture, pattern and color of the wood. They are easy to apply and quickly dry up. For ladder located in the house, it is better to choose an alcohol-based. For external, are on the outside steps, it is not sufficiently hardy.
Important! Not to be used for painting stairs indoors "Yachting" varnish. He is very toxic and remains so even after drying.
Stains impregnated also refers to the means by which you can process wood. They not only toned her, but can also be bio - and flame retardant properties. Stair usually used means to a wax or oil-based.
At the end of work associated with painting of wooden stairs in the home, it is desirable to use a varnish which provides the wear resistance of the surface and imparts additional gloss.
How to paint a wooden staircase to the second floor: small tweaks
Ladder, "inviting" to the second floor - one of the most important elements of interior decoration of the home. From her appearance and style depends on the harmony of taste and consistency of the entire house.
If the ladder is not yet assembled, it should be painted before assembly
To do it right and do not repeat the painting in a short time, you can use some tricks:
- If operating the ladder while painting it can not be avoided, it is possible to process it through one step, and after drying dostochek, dokrasit others. This will allow practically feel the inconvenience of visits to the second floor and did not spoil the drying surface. However, this option is useful when a monochromatic painting, without patterns.
- If the house is built, and the staircase is not already installed, it is more convenient to paint disassembled.
- Initially painted the top step. However, in the case of a further output from the second floor, it is possible first to process lower.
Finishing touches need to perform well along the tree structure. A ladder to better dry, should be increased by about 5 hours time to dry.
Options: the ladder to paint pine house
Unlike ladder pine wood from other coatings it is that the resin does not form any moves and performs impregnation material unevenly. In this regard, to implement the same shading will be very difficult.
In this case, it is best to use the enamel. With it (in diluted form) can be repeated as a fine pattern of the wood and, if desired paint ladder completely. In the second case, no need to dilute the substance.
Before you start painting the stairs it must be thoroughly cleaned of debris and grease
As for paints pine surfaces, it is possible to use such of its varieties:
- alkyd - will not deliver any trouble with the application;
- pigmented - hide minor flaws and chips;
- Urethane alkyd - can be applied to surfaces that have already been painted before.
To add additional brightness can pick up the tone timber suitable varnish. Pine stairs shine and be transformed.
How to paint the stairs in a wooden house right
To paint a ladder that is made from different kinds of wood, you can use the services of specialized companies. But at the same time to be ready for a very decent invoice. To avoid this, you can do the job with their own hands and save a lot of money. Especially because it is not so difficult.
The entire ladder painting process can be divided into the following stages:
- Preparation for painting. On the surface of all dirt is removed and the gap filled with putty. If the tree is too dense or old, it must also be primed, otherwise the paint will not stay on it.
- After drying the solution, filler trimmed sandpaper to obtain a flat surface. In order to achieve the best results you need to wait a couple of days, and then again to repeat all.
- Next, the surface is cleaned and dedusted to even the tiny particles were not visible under the paint layer.
- Next Steps primed twice with an interval of 24 hours.
- After drying, a second layer of primer can start painting. Before you begin, you need to shake the colorant or diluted (in detail - on the packaging).
In the painting the air in the room should not be much wet or dry
If you are using lacquer instead of paint - primer is not necessary!
To apply paint, you can use rollers, brushes, spray guns, spray guns.
During the application you need to ensure that the paint is not flowing droplets froze and did not leave behind traces.
To create a quality coating is desired to apply from 3 to 5 layers. Each layer must be applied after drying of the previous.
Dry ink must at home in a room with normal humidity. Otherwise, the cold or heat can cause small cracks on its surface, which affect the useful life of the stairs. At the end of the applied topcoat.
Variations what color to paint the stairs in a wooden house
Thinking about what color to paint the wooden stairs, you need to take into account not only their tastes and desires, but also the overall style of the room in which it is located.
The ladder should correspond to the color scheme at home and not contradict it.
Ladder is better to paint in a color that is different from the hue of the walls
Shades thus can be very different - like repeats wood tones and bright, radiant colors. Most occurring variant - a uniform coloration, but you can make an original paint and a ladder, combining 3-4 or even 5 different colors. Or, for example, embellish stage one color and railing - others contrast. Look is original and interesting.
There are a few recommendations for those who want to experiment with color:
- If the painting is done in several colors, the job better perform when the ladder is disassembled, ie, prior to installation;
- If desired, make the design more dark, you can apply the impregnation with a finishing varnish, as they are quickly absorbed into the surface, and a staircase longer retain its shade;
- To lighten the wooden surface recommended translucent glazing materials which contain bright coloring pigments.
Painting wooden stairs with their hands (video)
Staircase - it is such a piece of home that can easily become a highlight of the interior, if we approach the issue of its registration correctly. Do not be afraid to experiment with shades, or to think that painting this design complex and crippling business. Everything is feasible! One has only to want to choose the right dyes and dream a little. Good luck!
Painting of wooden stairs (photo process)