Soundproofing drywall: choose the material and absorb technology
To achieve soundproofing in the room is possible by means of soundproofing drywall peregorodokShumoizolyatsiya needed in many areas: in factories and theaters, recording studios and concert halls. It is important to isolate the extra noise in the apartment or private home. Sound enters the room from the outside, and on the carrying beams, passing noise from neighboring apartments and rooms. Ensure full sound insulation by a factor of 1 in the home is costly and difficult, but it is possible to reduce noise, thoughtful soundproofing drywall.
Acoustic plasterboard as a material for insulating noise
Plasterboard is well isolates the extra noise. Therefore, it is often used for interior walls. Bad and it has proven itself as a material for the indoor partitions, but will enhance the sound absorption of plasterboard using additional layers of special materials, e.g., acoustic plasterboard.
It differs from the conventional in its construction: a sheet coated with a fine perforation, the reverse side is coated with a cloth with high sound absorption coefficient.
In order to remove unnecessary noise in the room, experts recommend using an acoustic plasterboard
Material presented today in an assortment of many manufacturers, but remains the leader Knauf. It is used in the same way as a conventional (mounted on the user's profile).
Advantages of acoustic plasterboard:
- Eliminating the effect of "echo" due to damping sound waves within the plate;
- Environmentally friendly material and its safety for use in residential areas;
- Various sizes of the perforations allow the acoustic plasterboard sheets select the desired level of insulation (it varies from 0.2 to 1);
- Easy installation designs of acoustic plasterboard;
- Possibility of soundproofing drywall finishing as the walls and ceiling with a smooth transition without visible joints.
Due to these qualities, the material can be used for homes, and create a variety of architectural solutions, and apply specialized buildings requiring reinforced acoustic system finishes.
soundproofing partitions from drywall
For the indoor or intra walls of plasterboard insulation extraneous sounds is also very important. In addition to the application already mentioned above the acoustic drywall, it can reach more number of ways. For example, using an internal layer of soundproofing material.
Separately it is necessary to allocate a new way of soundproofing drywall - acoustic sprayed coatings.
There are other types of sound-insulating material, which should be chosen to suit the characteristics and size of the room
The modern market offers sound-proof materials selection foam boards, fiberglass, mineral wool or cork sheets, polymer membrane, polyester plates - they all have their strengths and weaknesses, based on which necessary to make a choice in favor of a shumoizolyatora.
It is worth paying attention to:
- The level of absorption of sound waves at the perforated and porous fillers he above;
- Fire safety: Choose non-flammable sound insulator to which the mineral wool;
- The cost of some types of sound-absorbing materials is very high, that is taken into account in the preparation of estimates of future partitions.
No matter what kind of sound insulation for interior partitions you choose, installation is made of approximately the same pattern, using which you can easily make a soundproof partition wall with his hands.
Sound insulation walls plasterboard step by step
In order to independently provide sound insulation walls plasterboard will need a standard set of tools for working with drywall constructions, profile rails and SS Mo, sheets of plain or acoustical drywall, screws, knock-in anchors or screws and dowels, nails.
An important element of the walls and soundproofing drywall - sealing strip, cleans vibration profile.
Before making sound insulation walls plasterboard, must first mount frame design
For better sound insulation and ensuring the strength of the design on each side of the partition is mounted a double layer of plasterboard that must be considered when calculating the required number of sheets. For the doorway, if one is scheduled, it is necessary to stock up on more and bar.
Step by step chart:
- The marking and cutting of profiles, sheets of plasterboard and sealing material. Implemented by means of roulette, a pencil, a laser or water level. Observe the accuracy of the constructions, especially when marking the intermediate frame struts.
- Mounting of the frame profiles. The uprights and the frame cut from a profile wall of the SS. Transverse rails - profile Mon. On the walls, floor and ceiling in the ground marking sticking sealing tape. On top of it by means of dowels and screws or nails fastened vertically PS profiles. They assemble the cross profile at a distance of about half a meter apart. Of the guide profiles, filled with lumber, making a doorway profiles are fastened with screws.
- On one side of the finished carcass we fasten the double layer of the sheet of drywall. Inside the carcass paving if necessary electric wiring laid on top of it the selected sound-insulating material. Try putting it without gaps, overlaps with the ceiling and the floor. Material is attached to the drywall screws.
- Thereafter drywall mounted to a second side of the structure. This also is produced in two layers with a binding strength for offset seams.
Installation of sound-proofing material in the partition of the drywall is very easy, with the finished wall to protect the room from both outside noise and vibration. Of course, all the problem of sound insulation alone plasterboard partitions will not solve. This can and should be used a number of techniques.
Further measures to ensure sound insulation
In the room where the already installed plasterboard wall with sound insulation is still a number of noise sources, which can also be neutralized. These include windows, balcony doors, adjacent to the other apartments the walls, ceiling and floor.
The suspended ceiling is a great way to help significantly reduce the noise level in the room
To improve the sound insulation properties of drywall to seal seams and transitions from it to the walls, floor and ceiling.
To this end, in addition to take some effective measures, such as about the very walls, and for the rest of the space.
in the room to provide additional sound insulation can be further:
- Repair gaps in windows and under them;
- Use the ceiling to reduce noise from above;
- Install plasterboard panels with sound insulation along the load-bearing walls.
Through the use of drywall and acoustic insulation materials can achieve a sufficiently high coefficient of sound insulation walls of plasterboard.
The process of soundproofing drywall (video)
Such walls can be quickly mounted, and a variety of sound insulator shown in the construction market will pick up the material with the desired degree of absorption of sound waves that meets all your requirements. But additional measures to address the noise in the room will help make your apartment a quiet and cozy place to rest.