Simple design of the narrow living room: 6 best ideas
Before starting the registration of a narrow living room should perform drawing on paper, specifying the locations of furniture lack of space mistakenly considered as a cause, making the design of the narrow bedrooms impossible task. With varying degrees of success trying to dispel this myth to dispel specialists in interior region over the past two decades. In fact, narrow room - a real Klondike for those willing to reasonably experiments.
Features narrow living room layout
First we need to understand that small area interior easiest and more profitable to transform. Placement of each object in the room based on the end result, which is necessary to keep in mind. Do frequent parties are planned? Whether it is possible to relax while watching TV after work? Is there a need for the workspace? The answers to all these questions will determine the design of the narrow living room.
From a practical point of view, the limited space requires that the layout of the hall was of a functional character.
If the narrow living room there are niches in which it is recommended to place a cabinet or bedside table
We are talking about the need for a functional separation of every available centimeter:
- Business people need a place to work, which is better equipped against the wall so that the sunlight falls on the right side. You can set a small mirror box as an additional visual separator.
- Refusal of an excessive amount of paintings and other artefacts on the walls will reduce the burden on the available space.
The harmonious combination of dark and light colors arranged closer to the light side of the entrance of the room, it allows to expand the room visually.
Setting up your interior is narrow combined living
In new buildings and homes of older common to use several rooms as a whole. No exception in this regard was the combined room and kitchen.
For such a project to obtain permission from the local authorities, who will appreciate the desirability of, and the ability to remove part or all of the walls. If all documents are in order, then we can start to work.
Divide the living room to another location, you can use a wooden or plasterboard decorative partitions
As follows from the logic reciprocally Improvement, the division into the functional zones is due to several factors:
- The bar portion is located above regarding holiday destinations and cooking;
- As a physical separator, a circular arch, not "eat" a lot of space;
- Instead of the traditional chairs make better use of bar;
The use of floor lamps and spotlights as lighting.
Communicating narrow living requires deliberate repair
In many homes can be seen not isolated room, and transit options. This means that to get to the kitchen can only be passed through the living room. In this case, a design project requires a certain adaptation to the existing conditions. Firstly, the need to maximize free space for passage. Ideally, this is as follows. You need to become in the same room so that viewed through the corridor kitchen wall.
The sofa in the narrow living room should be placed along the longest wall and working place - near a window
Among the many existing ideas, designers offer to stay in the most effective:
- It is desirable that through the corridor ended in a window, so the room will not be communicating visually limited;
- If we are talking about windows, the better to make a bet on a semi-circular shape;
Doors are used with large glass panels.
The interior of the narrow living room: design and advice
Important role in shaping the perception of space plays a color aspect of the walls and floor. In this respect at home beginners often make a common mistake - make a start on the color of the walls, not the furniture. Doing this can not be, otherwise the room will seem uncomfortable. The narrow room is necessary to focus on pastel colors, solves several problems.
In the narrow living room should not put too much furniture, as shown in the photo, because it will interfere to move freely around the room
Firstly, a wall in the apartment does not become "a birch tree in the desert", immediately catching the eye. Secondly, attention should be paid to lighting. Welcome spotlights and lamps.
In addition to these tips, designers offer a few more:
- Season 2017, which is named after the fiery rooster, implies the presence of a moderate amount of red shades;
- Modern facilities with limited space must be practical, therefore, should focus on furniture with the possibility of transformation;
Leading to the room door should not be too massive, otherwise it will reduce the room visually.
Conceptual design of the elongated living room
Take full advantage of this space will help clear division into functional zones. Recommended without losing a sense of proportion. Firstly, the interior length implies a living area for relaxing. Its compositional center will be equipped with a flat-screen TV, traditional or electric fireplace.
When placing of chairs, sofas and chairs should consider the position of the window.
In the narrow living room TV is best to hang on the opposite wall from the sofa
Second, the elongated room will be much more comfortable if the bright colors will dominate in its design.
Create the right atmosphere to relax and meet in a pleasant company to follow these guidelines:
- Sofa better place with his back to the window;
- If the window is placed on the north side, it is better to choose is not very thick curtains or curtains;
- Sofa is located on the left side of the chair and table set in front of him;
- To a long living room looked more attractive chosen glass table with different finishes;
- The main volume of artificial light comes from a small chandelier, placed in the center of the ceiling;
Corner area can be illuminated in a flat lamp.
Intimate design a narrow living room (video)
Narrow or elongated space has its own peculiarities in terms of improvement. In the first case it is necessary to opt for a minimalist. In this case, you do not have to regret the lack of a couple of extra centimeters. In the second case, you need to split into functional areas work and leisure. Each of them is separated from the other by means of color transitions.
The design of the long living room (interior photo)