Select ceiling lamps for low ceilings
Choice of lamps depends on the design and purpose of the room What kind of lighting installed in the lowest room? The various lamps and chandeliers can be used as lighting devices. Each of them has a number of benefits and advantages. When choosing a lamp for low ceilings refer to their own preferences and room design. You also need to take into account the length and width of the room where you want to install lighting.
Halogen lamps for modern low ceilings
For lighting a bedroom or a low ceiling spaces used halogen lamps. These light source is very practical, since they have small dimensions. Moreover, the luminous efficiency of these lamps is 1.5-2 times higher than incandescent lamps.
If you want to install the halogen bulb in a humid environment, use only low-voltage products. They are more durable and resistant to wear.
In halogen lamps are so many advantages over other lighting fixtures
The advantages of halogen lamps:
- Low voltage when switched on.
- Security. Halogen bulbs do not flicker at work, so it is absolutely safe for the eyes. In addition, these products do not contain mercury, so they can even be used to illuminate the nursery.
- Small dimensions. Due to its small size, halogen lamps can be installed even in the stretched canvas. However, in this case, you have to install a dedicated termokoltso, as these items become very hot during operation.
- Halogen lamps provide uniform light.
Lighting in the room with a low ceiling LED lamps
In most cases, the lighting low ceilings using LED lights. These products are more durable than halogen bulbs. In addition, LED lights do not produce heat, so they can be installed even in tension PVC fabric.
LED spotlights are the most economical source of light. These lamps consume about 2-3 times less energy than halogen lamps or common filament lamp.
LED lamps are durable, reliable and compact. They are better halogen lighting and, consequently, more expensive
Advantages of LED lamps:
- The absence of fragile elements in the bulb. That is why the LED lights do not deform under the influence of vibration or mechanical damage.
- Durability. LED lighting is recommended to be replaced every 10-12 years.
- Reliability. Spot lamps with LED lamps do not burn, do not emit noxious fumes and do not generate flicker during operation. In addition, these devices can be operated at a temperature of from -60 to +50 degrees.
- Compactness. LED lamps do not need a massive mortgages, so they are often placed in low areas.
- Instant start. Unlike fluorescent lamps, LED lights do not flicker before switching.
Choosing a flat ceiling lights for low ceilings
If the room has a small size and low ceiling, then as a source of lighting is best used flat lamps or light fixtures bitmap. Such devices are perfectly combined with any design, and it does not take up much space. In flat lamps or raster fixtures can be installed halogen, fluorescent or LED bulbs.
The flat chandeliers can use all three types of bulbs: halogen, fluorescent, LED
When choosing a flat chandelier consider a number of nuances:
- It is desirable to use a chandelier in which the lamp will be located inside the ceiling. Such products are more reliable, and will not pollute the ceiling.
- The flat chandelier is best to install energy-saving or LED bulbs.
- When choosing a chandelier note on her form. When using a flat low ceiling chandelier for better to give preference to products with a round or oval configuration.
If you want to choose a budget option, it is best to buy a false ceiling. They are not only cheap, but also have a dividing platform which facilitates the rapid cooling of the product.
Ceiling Lighting LED Strip
Often LED strip used for lighting low ceilings. They take up very little space and have an attractive appearance. In addition, LED strip flexible, so it can even be installed on a curved ceiling.
LED strip is mounted on the tape and bent at any angle, which certainly is a plus of this type of lighting
Also, the advantages of LED strip include:
- Economy. LED strip uses less energy than halogen or energy-saving lamps.
- Easy installation. For fixing LED strip does not need to build a special frame. This light source is mounted around the perimeter of the ceiling with the help of adhesive tape.
- Variety of colors.
- Low cost.
- Long service life.
It is advisable to use special controllers by using LED strip. With their help, you can adjust the brightness and color ribbon. Remember that to use the controller and LED tape with a high density is strictly prohibited.
Ceiling lights LED tape (video)
To illuminate the low ceiling, you can use different light sources. If you look for a cheap light sources for small space, it is best to take advantage of the LED strip. When using it you do not need to make holes in the ceiling and install the mortgage. If your budget is unlimited, then the best choice - flat lamps and LED spotlights. Halogen lamps can be used only if you install a special termokoltso.
Ceiling lamps for low ceilings (photo)