Repair your hands: prepare the walls for wallpapering
Preparing walls for wallpaper - a rather difficult and complicated process, which depends on how long you will last oboiPri preparing walls for wallpapering, also need to take into account the oil and other stains on the walls, which can manifest itself in the new wallpaper in the future. Therefore it is necessary to provide for all the details before starting work.
Wallpapering is an occupation that requires some effort and the right approach. Preparing walls for wallpapering - this is an important point, which determines the final result. In order to do it, you do not have expertise, it can make any person who knew nothing about the construction business. You just need to have patience and the desire to get a great result.
Why do I need to glue wallpaper to the floor laying
When doing repairs, repeatedly raises the question of what should be done first, floor finish or wallpaper. To do this, you need to carefully deal with this work.
Things to Consider:
- When placed in a laminate flooring, it is likely that during the execution of these works have already sticked wallpapered walls will be accidentally scratched or there will be some contamination. But usually do after laying the floor wallpapering and dirty and dusty floor preparatory work such as tie, made up papering the walls.
- Unlike linoleum and carpet, the laminate is cut near the site of the floor and wall connections, thus avoiding the possibility of damage to the wallpaper.
Recommend gluing wallpaper to floor finish to glue evaporation did not bring any harm to flooring
But any method has a downside. If we are not sticking wallpaper before laying the floor, and after it, some types of floor covering may be too sensitive to the effects of steam which are released during the drying glue wallpaper without drafts and fresh air.
In other words, the humidity level, increasing during drying because of the evaporation of the adhesive will be very high. Thus, humidity can greatly affect the state pnapolnogo coating.
But if you pokleit wallpaper for a long time and will not be glued every year new ones, the negative impact of the glue fumes will not grow.
Preparing walls for wallpaper procedure works
Before you begin to engage in wallpaper glue necessary to prepare the wall. To do it right, you need to make sure that you have all the necessary materials.
Just before you start with the walls is necessary to prepare the necessary tools
Materials and tools for the preparation of the walls:
- PVA glue;
- Fiberglass or gauze;
- Spatulas of two kinds;
- Flat container with a small rim;
- Narrow and wide spatula;
- Paint knife;
- Wide brush or roller;
- A bucket with lukewarm water;
- Masking tape;
First you need to remove the old paint. And then align the walls to be perfectly smooth and dry. If you do not sticked wallpaper in a few days will begin to fall away.
The first stage of preparation of the walls under the wallpaper is to remove the old coating
The procedure for preparing walls for wallpapering is divided into 4 stages:
- In the first stage, if the walls have never been treated in the new house, the walls are applied scratch coat thickness of 5 millimeters. With it filled all the bumps and roughness
- The second stage - is to wash the walls. The average thickness of the layer should be no more than 5-6 millimeters. If necessary, you can apply several layers of primer.
- In the third stage the latter is applied on a wall finishing plaster layer 2-4 millimeters thick. This is done so that the dirt on the surface of the formed light, thin film, which is then overwritten with caution.
- The final fourth stage involves grinding the wall with sandpaper.
For smooth and dry walls, you can use purchased from the hardware store gypsum plaster.
The cover wall before pasting wallpaper
Usually, before mounting your wall primer smeared with his own hands. Previously, when doing repairs, wallpaper glued directly on the wall, not considering it necessary in this case to cover its primer. Thus, they are very firmly stuck.
To glue lasts longer their properties, it is necessary before pasting the walls with wallpaper to put a uniform layer of primer
To date, the wallpaper started to do a lot heavier and thicker, for this reason, they began to demand more stringent surface preparation.
Because soil is formed on the walls of the film, preventing the absorption of moisture into the plaster. In this way, the adhesive much longer retains its properties, and depends on the strength of wallpaper.
Before mounting your use of such coatings:
- Universal coverage deep penetration;
- Improvised cover - well diluted glue for wallpaper;
- Antifungal coating that can not only improve the adhesion of the adhesive to the wall, but also to protect the surface of the mold and moisture;
- The brick and concrete walls better cover perhlorvinil coating dries usually about an hour;
- Phenol coating is used to primed metal and wood, dry for several days, it is recommended to use it only for those rooms where a little moisture;
- Alkyd coating is used to process the wall of wood dries not more than 15 hours;
- The acrylic coating may be used to treat all kinds of walls dries about 5 hours.
To wallpaper fared the best, recommend to glue them to treat the walls with a solution of bleach
To wallpaper held on tight, before applying the wall can be covered with a solution of bleach. To prepare it, you need to add 1 liter of water 200 grams of bleach.
Why, you must first prepare the wall before pasting wallpaper
There are many reasons for the pre-treatment of the walls to the right wallpapering, to count them all is impossible.
Here are some of them:
- If you want to get the wallpaper, quality sticked, preparing walls simply inevitable. The porous surface of the walls will not be able to keep the wallpaper for a long time. Where there is then the basis of wallpaper are simply unable to well bonded.
- Uneven walls necessarily need to be processed. Even if you choose the most dense and thick wholemeal coating irregularities will still be visible.
- Fungus and moisture will spoil quickly sticked new wallpaper.
- Adhesion - the ability of materials to connect the foreign nature of the substances, so the wallpaper will come off quickly from the walls.
These reasons would be enough to not ignore the training walls. Many believe that the treatment does not deserve special attention, because still the wallpaper glue every 4-5 years. But they do not know that the wallpaper glue because of unfulfilled training walls.
Wallpapers will serve you for a couple of years longer if properly prepare the wall before their glue
To date, the wallpaper have low quality, and thus quickly lose their original appeal. Wallpaper, which are expensive, if properly stick, will serve at least 10 years, until they get bored.
What to do with a very curved walls
Very often it happens that the walls in the room are very curves. Because of this, all the finishing materials will be bad to go to bed, and then there will be noticeable defects. In such cases, the walls are prepared in the same way as usual, but only work steps are carried out more thoroughly.
What should pay attention:
- Choose the wallpaper you need to vinyl or fleece. Due to the fact that they are dense and multi-layered, they can partially or completely hide some flaws.
- For wallpaper is necessary to buy a special adhesive that is necessary to put themselves as the wallpaper, and on the wall.
If the room also has an uneven ceiling, do not raise panic. You can to some extent hide the flaws and irregularities of using ceiling moldings.
Preparing walls for wallpaper with your own hands (video)
Before preparing the walls for gluing of wallpaper coatings need to very carefully parse procedure works before you begin to implement them. This process seems easy only at first glance. If you do not follow these simple rules for the implementation of training walls for wallpaper gluing, work will be done in vain and later have to re all repeat.