PVC ceiling panels: photo and overview of the installation options
The ceilings of plastic panels are easy to install and ispolzovaniiSovremennye plastic panels represented in the construction market, hit its variety of color palettes and simulated textures. This allows the ceiling to create a unique design that will complement the overall style of the interior. The ceilings of plastic panels are easy to install and use. Mounting panels can be played alone, after having studied the instructions and advice from professionals. Installation will take a little time, but the result will please your stylish look.
PVC panels for ceiling: species peculiarities
Panels for a ceiling coverings made of a material called polyvinyl chloride. Shorten call them PVC panels. In its composition, they are almost identical, except that the additive may vary to the main polymer material. But the differences in the PVC panels are.
Ceiling covering panel made of polyvinyl chloride material
The main differences in size
- Molded (length 12 cm.);
- Stove of panels (up to 50 cm.);
- The sheet of the panel (up to 200 cm.).
The size of the panels depends on the area of the room in which he had made repairs
Calculate the size of each panel can for himself. It depends on the area of the premises, which will make repairs. PVC panels are also differences in the method of installation.
Differences in the mounting method
- Panel with stitches left prominently connection. They look good, and their cost is quite cheap.
- The apparatus of seamless panels provide no visible seams and cracks after their installation.
Plastic wall panels characterized by high strength and hardness
To choose the type of installation you need to advance to the finished ceiling harmoniously blend with the overall interior design premises.
It is important to draw attention to the fact that the plastic panels are divided into wall and ceiling. Each view must be set strictly intended surface.
The plastic wall panels are more strength and hardness, while the ceiling panels have a more delicate structure.
PVC ceiling panels: Types of coatings
On today's construction market there are many varieties of PVC panels. The panels can be made in a single color, to mimic the texture of different materials, they can be applied to design drawings.
The glossy surface is a good option for the decoration of the ceiling in the room, which is not enough space
Types of panels according to the type of coating:
- Matt. The cost of such a panel democratic. The panel is similar to the lining, has a width of 10 cm. They look pretty simple, but it is due to their low price.
- Glossy. Wide panels are covered with a special paint and protective coating. The choice of colors is very large, there are also panels that mimic the appearance of marble or wood. Their cost increases with the width of which reaches up to 25 cm. This size ensures nice coating with a minimum of visible seams.
When choosing the type of coverage it is important to think in advance overall look of the room.
The glossy surface is a good option for the decoration of the ceiling in the room, which is not enough space. Because of its ability to reflect light, the surface has the effect of extended space, as reflected in her objects create the illusion of more room.
There are many different types of plastic panels from size and color to the setting method. Before buying it is important to verify the integrity of the panels, and see not hit area.
Advantages of PVC panels in front of the modern types of finishes
Facing materials PVC materials exhibit excellent properties. Thanks to them, the plastic trim will last for many years, will not bring trouble to the maintenance and care, and look for a long time retain its freshness.
Positive characteristics PVC material:
- Moisture resistance. Plastic is resistant to moisture, so there is no fear of deterioration of its appearance. Also with plastic paneling on the ceiling, you can not be afraid of floods, as it is perfectly cope with the load and will not deteriorate from moisture.
- Decorative effect. Plastic panels perfectly mask the defects of any complexity. With the help panels can easily hide the various household cords, wires, pipes.
- PVC material has a small heat expansion coefficient.
- Plastic is resistant to high temperatures. Plastic panel just begin to melt at a temperature of 80 degrees.
- Material chemically neutral. It is odorless and completely harmless to health.
Plastic panels provide reliable coverage of the ceiling and easy to care for
Thanks to this set of characteristics of plastic panels provide reliable coverage of the ceiling and easy care. Since such surface can not be afraid of falling of fat and formation of other kinds of contamination, since they are easily removed with a detergent.
It is important to remember that the use of abrasive powders and pastes can lead to the formation of fine scratches on the surface of glossy panels.
you can note the presence of seams of the panels shortcomings even in seamless kinds of panels, and the fact that its installation will take a few centimeters of the indoor space, but very little, if uneven ceiling is not very large.
How to make a ceiling made of PVC panels with their own hands
Ceiling panels made of plastic you can do yourself if you follow the step by step instructions and strictly follow the recommendations of professionals. If the master is not very confident in their abilities, it is better to entrust the work of qualified workers - setting design, while not difficult, but requires a responsible approach.
The ceiling of the plastic panels can be installed by following the instructions
- First, using the spirit level necessary to identify the line attaching the mounting profile. This should be done around the perimeter of the ceiling. The main purpose should be to create the most horizontal surface.
- Profile must be firmly attached to the wall. It is necessary to strictly ensure that did not happen the formation of cracks.
- To the plate, fixed on the perimeter, it is necessary to attach the transverse profile. He is the basis of PVC panels.
- To the bars located on the perimeter of the ceiling, to attach the L-shaped mounting profile.
- At this stage, you need to solve the problem of internal communications - this is the last stage in which their appropriate location.
- Cut the plastic panel with a hacksaw on the length of the ceiling. Firmly insert the first panel in the profile, secure with screws. They can also be used liquid nails or glue.
- Panel insert one into the other and attached to the assembly profile using the rails. The installation should be as accurate.
- The last bar has to fit the width of the remaining space to the wall. Gently insert panel in L-shaped profile.
When you install plastic panels with their own hands is important to remember that the choice of quality materials affects the entire structure
Some, instead of the metal profile is used wooden planks and bars, but instead uses a special bracket screws. This method is characterized by cheap price.
Keep in mind that when wet wood soak, loses its shape, it begins to break down. This can lead to the destruction of the basic design.
When you install plastic panels with their own hands is important to remember that the choice of quality materials affects the entire structure: its operation, the appearance and durability.
Installation of PVC panels on ceiling (video)
PVC ceiling panels can be an excellent alternative to the suspended structures. They are easy to install, use, are available in the price. Which one is better, everyone decides for himself. The quality depends on the material, but the variant value for money. The variety of panels allows to choose the appropriate option for the interior in any style. The consumer a wide range of matt and glossy panels, to use them to create a beautiful interior.
Design PVC ceiling panels (interior photo)