Practical wooden staircase to the house: how to make his own
Wooden ladder is very simple to make, and yet it is practical to ekspluatatsiiSegodnya most people have a garden or live in private homes and cottages. As a rule, building their own homes on private land, the people are not limited to a single floor. Most often, a modern private house consists of two floors, as well as a garage and an attic. This means that to move between floors need a ladder, and many choose exactly wooden stairs, keeping in mind all its pros and cons.
Wooden stairs for cottages and private homes
Why wooden staircase is still so popular? Especially, if there is a more reliable alternative - metal?
Indeed, the metal stairs take away part of the demand in the wooden models. Mainly because the metal more durable material than wood. However, a wooden staircase has advantages over metal.
Advantages of wood stairs:
- More than a simple process of creating;
- It does not rust;
- If you have a wooden house - the stairs of wood is best to fit into the interior;
- If after a few years you get tired of the look of the stairs, then it can easily be disassembled, painted in a new color, and then reassemble.
Wooden stairs for cottages and private homes has a number of advantages
This ladder is always useful for the suburban area.
Note that the process of staining wood - not an easy task as it might first seem. Therefore it is better to entrust this work to professionals, otherwise the final result may not be the best.
Ladders for wood house: the cover and how to decorate
After the staircase is almost ready, you should make an artistic finish.
How can decorate the staircase:
- To paint it;
- Cut patterns;
- Make an artistic burnout.
Also, you can provide a staircase lighting system or heating to at night to walk along it was safe and warm.
Varnish usually ladders are always covered, for without it the ladder surface is rough and uneven. Soak the device you can own hands by buying a beautiful exterior varnishes in any hardware store.
Ladder from a tree house can be covered with lacquer, cut patterns or produce artistic burning
Does the ladder to paint in any color or leave it natural look - a matter of taste and interior decoration. In any case, remember that you can always paint the stairs, but return it to the original form - no longer exists.
Cutting patterns most often done on the stair railing or her steps. This is completely the artistic process, which will give the ladder additional grace. Is it worth it to do - it's up to you.
Art burning akin to cutting, as also adds extra zest to the stairs. With it, for example, you can make ends railing special shapes: cone, dragon head, bud. In general, all that tells a fantasy.
Entrance wooden staircase in the house: what type of wood to choose
Choice of wood for the stairs - no small task. It is not only the appearance but also the physical properties of the future ladders depend on the selected timber.
The most popular type of wood for the stairs:
- Oak. Practical breed for stairs: durable, wear-resistant, not afraid of moisture and temperature changes, does not rot and is not subject to pests. The latter is especially important to consider if you are installing a ladder to a country station, where there will be live permanently. After all, it would not like to come and see spoiled by insects stairs, right?
- Beech. The parameters of durability is not inferior to oak, but it will cost you much cheaper. However, there is a minus in this breed: highest hygroscopic. This means that the humidity changes for beech contraindicated. However, if the house ventilation system been established and you are sure that the humidity and temperature is always stable - you can safely choose beech.
- Ash. Many interior designers prefer to use the stairs design rooms of ash. The fact is that as well as oak, ash has a hardwood, and no physical impact or instability in temperature and humidity will not affect the status ladder. Furthermore, wood ash is a bit cheaper than oak.
To input a wooden ladder is most often used oak wood, beech or ash
If in doubt about the choice, you can consult with the master, which is chosen for the job. He tells the best option based on your budget and the features of the house.
A wooden staircase in the house from a bar
Home from a bar is different from the classic wooden house that is made of logs and of processed boards.
However, as in the case with a house of logs, wooden staircase best complement the interior of the home from a bar.
A wooden staircase in the house from a bar will perfectly complement your home decor
By the way, if you need a discreet staircase to the attic - you can also do it from the bars! Received a classical staircase, invisible, do not replace a lot of space and perfectly infused into the design of the room.
How to cover with varnish wooden stairs in the house: the best
As we mentioned above, the varnish ladder Croutes always. Otherwise, its surface will be rough and will splinter your frequent companion.
All paints are divided into two types:
Wooden staircase in the house can be covered with a glossy or matte varnish
However, there are in between, - the type of semi-lacquer, which we recommend that you use in the decoration of the staircase. He will hide all the flaws of wood, but do not make it too shiny.
Remember that the gloss may be too slippery and the matte surface will be seen even with the naked eye every crack and flaw.
Inexpensive and simple wooden ladders for home
If you do not like excesses and grace, you prefer a cozy and home decoration art carving and burning wood, then take a look at the simplest version of stairs.
Simple and inexpensive wood stairs for the house look very dignified
Especially, if you are not willing to give large sums of money for the work of the master, your best bet is to install in the house the usual stairway.
Also remember that the screw (spiral) staircase due to the complexity of manufacture are more expensive than conventional boosters.
How about to a wooden staircase to the house (video)
Today, craftsmen make stairs from any material and for all tastes: from the most simple to complex, with many twists and turns. You also only need to select your favorite design and place an order. And if you're familiar with carpentry skills, you yourself can make a wooden ladder and set it in his house.
Practical entrance wooden staircase in the house (photo examples)