Practical staircase to the basement: how to do it right
If your house has a basement, then you should think in advance the design and appearance of the basement stairs Basements and cellars in each house are used very differently. But at the same time they share one thing - for their normal operation is necessary to ensure a comfortable basement entrance, which implies the presence of a ladder. It seems that it is quite an easy task, but it is not so simple. It must be borne in mind that any ladder should be erected with the specified requirements and compliance with safety standards.
We go into the darkest corners: staircase to the basement
Engaged in installation of stairs must be remembered that it should be, first and foremost, safe, comfortable, harmoniously fit into the interior, and it does not take much space.
Equipping the stairs to the basement, you should make it a safe, practical and comfortable for all family members
In order to correctly select the material for the future design, the right to do all the calculations, and ultimately be happy with the result, you need to answer the following questions:
- How often will use the basement, and accordingly, and stairs;
- They will be transported large, heavy objects;
- How strong ladder is exposed to external factors, and where is the main entrance to it - inside the house or outside;
- Is the basement area of the erected structure relative to the location;
- Under what parameters will be comfortable to use it;
- How should look like a ladder, if it leads to the first, and then to the second floor, so as not to disturb the stylistic design of the dwelling;
- How much finance is required for the job.
As for the size of the structure, then its width it should be about 90 cm. This is necessary in order to be comfortable on it to go down and might miss each other two people if necessary.
Opening must be free, but this gap, so that his feet were not "desire" to fail.
stair width size can be 25-35 cm If they are longer -. any inconvenience during the ascent, and if less - it would be dangerous to go down. stage height can be from 12 to 22 cm.
The slope of the road for the basement must be chosen in the range of 25-75 degrees. But this factor affects the length of the ladder.
It should be understood that the degree of inclination of the ladder depends on the free area of the room. The smaller the deviation, the greater the free space and vice versa.
Stairs to the basement of the house: design variations
Options, which can be a staircase leading to the basement or cellar is not too much. This is due to the fact that this facility should be subject to stringent requirements that are associated with the peculiarities of the structure of space.
The most popular are wooden stairs to the basement with a platform
What, then, can be a ladder? Let us consider three basic types of structures:
- Marching - the simplest stairs. They are easy to make your hands, as this design does not include any turns and is a straight line. True, it needs a lot of space.
- On the ground - typically used when "P" or "L" - shaped structure. Its advantage is the possibility to make a short break during lifting. But while it takes a lot of space, so it is not suitable for small spaces. And the large width of the span of another is sometimes unnecessary.
- Coil design - the most compact option, but not as convenient as the previous ones. Stage of such a staircase, usually narrow and steep, which can significantly impede the carrying of large items.
In order to minimize the size of the basement stairs can be used winders.
As for the material from which made the stairs, they can be:
- wooden - extremely undesirable option. Basement rooms, as a rule, are not heated, respectively, the humidity is constantly high. This is what can cause mold or mildew on the design and later it will become worthless.
- metal - perfect for the basement stairs. Such a structure is quite simple to install, not afraid of water, is used for a long time, it does not require large financial costs.
- concrete - safely withstand any weather conditions, so a ladder can safely be placed even on the street. But this design is cumbersome and will provide additional load on the wall. The most commonly used in technical rooms or garages.
The staircase to the basement with his own hands: the drawings and that they include
No matter what type, and what the production of construction will occur before any work necessary to make the drawing a ladder march. This is necessary in order to correctly calculate the size of the future ladder.
A mandatory step is to formulate a future competent drawing stairs, which will reflect the main characteristics of the design
In this figure, it is generally recognized:
- Height of stair steps and;
- The width of the steps and across the stairs;
- STAIRS size;
- clearance height.
With reference to the drawing one can calculate the length of the ladder when it is unknown.
To do this, you need to graph paper to draw a right angle, given the scale. Next protractor noted ladder tilt and draw a line. A ruler to calculate the resulting length.
Metal staircase to the basement of the house: Features installation
Stairs made of metal constructions, has established itself as the most durable, comfortable and durable. But at the same time it is more difficult to mount than wood, and metal is immune to corrosion.
If, before the commencement of work on the material visible rust stains, they should be removed, having special means of processing. Moreover, after the metal ladder assembly will be superfluous applied to design multiple layers of paint or enamel.
Enough to easily you can manually install the metal stairs to the basement
Build a staircase in a cellar of a metal by using the U-sections. This will require:
- Metal channels;
- metal sheets with a thickness of 1 ml;
- A solution of the cement with gravel for concrete bases;
- Corners of 5 cm for steps;
- Means against corrosion and paint.
After making all the calculations required and channels cut pieces of metal. Then, using the welding machine must be connected produced pieces with corners that turned frame. Unnecessary roughness and nodules removed grinder. Everything is handled rust inhibitor.
Next, the resulting ladder is attached to the cellar. At the place where the ladder will be located, it is a small concrete foundation depth of about 15-20 cm. The lower edge of the stair is installed in a pre-dug hole, backfilled with gravel and concrete is poured.
At the end there is only a step to cut and solder them to the frame. After that, remove all unnecessary scars and nodules. Again, apply anti-corrosion compound. Metal staircase to the basement is ready.
Concrete staircase to the basement with his own hands: Tips on building
Stairs made of concrete, which leads to the basement - it is the most reliable option. This design will withstand all sorts of load and ensure the safety of movement. Such ladder is not afraid of corrosion and its characteristic in an extremely long service period.
Among its disadvantages are quite expensive cash costs for materials and a large amount of time required to build such a structure.
Many people prefer to choose the concrete stairs to the basement, as they are characterized by reliability and practicality
Due to the fact that the concrete staircase represents the whole structure, to change something it will be practically impossible after the installation. It is therefore necessary as accurately as possible to make all the calculations and recheck all several times.
The whole process of construction of concrete stairs to the basement consists of the following actions:
- Erected wooden formwork. To this lower part boards or beams strengthened to withstand loads can use a small veneer thickness of about 2 cm.. Erected side, which will not allow concrete "escape" and put across Boards designating step. For structural strength of the corners of the metal used.
- Reinforcement. It is used as well for the future strength of the ladder. Especially should pay attention to the edges of the steps, to extend their service life.
- Pouring concrete. Better to start from the bottom and see to it that in the process avoid any unnecessary voids.
After the concrete hardens (it takes about 7 days) there is removal of all unnecessary elements in the cut. After that ladder grind, plastered and puttied.
Stairs to the basement garage with his own hands: it is necessary to consider
Mounting the stairs to the cellar or basement garage is not fundamentally different from the construction of the basement stairs from home on the ground floor.
Pick up and install a stairway to the basement garage is necessary, taking into account the size of the room
Still need to be taken into account:
- What area will take the future structure;
- How it will be safe and able to withstand any weight;
- What humidity level it will have to "fight";
- Her appearance.
Especially pay attention to the calculation of the strength of the ladder, which determines its safety. To do this, take the average weight of an adult (about 80 kg) and add a little wear (25-30 kg).
Construction of stairs to the basement (video)
Given all the tips and tricks we can conclude that on the basement stairs in a private home or other structure can not save. You need to get serious about this issue and implement a framework assembly with all the fire and building safety standards. In this case, it is hoped that the ladder will last a long time and to please the owners of a house or building.
A convenient staircase to the basement (photo options)