Original finish hallway MDF panels: 3 picture and the type of installation
Finish MDF panels have proliferated lately more and more often you can find the room trim, made of MDF panels. And they trim not only walls, but also decorated with arches, doorways and ceilings. This option is popular with a reason, a variety of panels allows to execute any design hallway. A huge variety of finishes with panels simply amazing.
The panels on the walls in the hallway
MDF panels are made from environmentally friendly materials, in fact it is the dust produced from sawdust. Despite such a good natural composition, panels on the walls are mainly used in the decoration of the hall.
The panels on the walls in the hallway are a large variety of color and texture, thanks to intelligently choose colors premises looks great.
MDF panel - eco-friendly and natural material
Mounting of the panels can be produced in several embodiments:
- Diagonally in a single color or multiple combined;
- Vertically uniform height or multiple panels in different colors;
- Horizontally with colors combination.
Another design solution is a combination of types of installation. It looks very impressive hallway with horizontal and diagonal method panel installation. Panels can mimic wood or tile, thanks to the special texture creates visual effect. Caring for such kind of finishing is very simple - if necessary, simply wipe with a damp cloth.
Types of panels in the corridor
As a rule, the corridor walls require finishing with materials that are readily amenable to wet cleaning. Modern construction market offers a lot of different materials for finishing with good water-resistant qualities.
Preference should be given to the finishing of MDF panels with a moisture resistant coating
Types of panels in the corridor:
- PVC panel - easy to care for, have different colors;
- MDF panels - ease of maintenance on the line depends on the outer cover panels;
- Sandwich panels - plastic sheets, easy to wash with plain water and towel;
- Tamburat-plate - three-layer plate of MDF or particle board with a honeycomb cardboard inside;
- Fiberboard, chipboard panel - a rather fragile material, it requires a solid foundation walls.
If selected as a finishing material MDF panels, it should be noted that the main difference between the panels is the variety of coatings. The most impractical and at the same time are cheap panel coated with paper and wrought pattern on it. More practical and at the same time can be regarded as expensive panels coated or glued laminated wood veneers. EUROLIGHT® offers a bar matte, gloss and glossy metallic thickness of 38 mm and 50 mm.
MDF hallway in the apartment
The walls in the hallway are most exposed to various contaminants. Decorate the hall in the apartment it is best to MDF panels. They have all the necessary features for such a small room. Wall panels allows you to quickly make the finish.
MDF panels are both square and rectangular
The main advantages of MDF panels:
- Moisture resistant panel that allows for wet cleaning is not afraid to spoil the surface of the material;
- There are fire resistant panels;
- Smooth wall surface after finishing panels;
- Increased thermal insulation panel;
- Panel thickness up to 16 mm, they conceal the minimum square footage for finishing;
- They are quite light and heavier construction.
The undoubted advantage is the variety of color shades that can help to realize in the interior of different design ideas.
Molded MDF has along two sides locks for fixing the panels together. There is a rare variant, where the locks are provided on the ends of the splice length. Form panels can have a square or rectangular appearance, resembling a tile.
Design hallway MDF panels
Design hallway MDF panels can be performed by a combination of different options.
In addition to the color options, there are different types of plastic panels:
- Resemble wooden battens rack panels, the thickness from 8 to 12 mm, the height of 2.5 - 3 meters;
- Mosaic compositions can be created by using tile panels, their thickness is 7 - 10 mm and the length varies from species to 1000 mm, such panels are well mimic tile;
- The largest panels are sheet metal, their height of 3 meters, a width of 1.5 meters and a thickness of 3 mm to 12 mm.
Cork MDF panels are expensive
In addition, the sheathing panels can be not the entire wall. Originally it looks corridor in the house, covered with MDF panels up to half of the wall. Variants may be varied, such as - pokleit wallpaper top and bottom cladding MDF or upper wall portion close MDF panel and the lower PVC.
PVC wall panel is a little different from the MDF, and costs less to more dirty walls near the floor area of the plastic panels are ideal, if the design is selected in a certain tone.
MDF panels come with 3D terrain. Very original, they look to finish top of the wall. Modern technologies allow to diversify MDF panels not only in color and external characteristics.
Divide the decorative material can be at:
- Conventional MDF;
Conventional MDF is not particularly opposed to moisture and damage. These panels are inexpensive and use them better in dry conditions. Laminated panels quite recently appeared on the market, but managed to gain popularity due to resistance to damage. MDFV - a moisture-resistant MDF with a protective layer of moisture, thanks to him, the panel can be easily cleaned with water. Cork panels are quite expensive, on their surface coated with a thin layer of cork. Veneered panels are pure ecological materials, their surface is covered with cut wood veneer.
The combination of wallpaper and panels in the corridor
with high ceilings, corridors require special attention in the design. Large volume must somehow complete and output is the combination of wallpaper and panels in the corridor. This is a popular type of finish, and it's easy to perform with his own hands, and how material combinations pleasing choice.
An interesting design effect is achieved by the combination of MDF panels and wallpaper
In addition, you can always experiment and come up with something completely new:
- Combining horizontal stripes;
- Vertical combination of stripes;
- Combining inserts wallpaper in some areas of the panels;
- Combining the figures;
- Combining top-bottom, wherein the panels can be both above and below, although reasonably determine the panel downwards.
With the combined finishes can be translated into reality even the most daring design ideas. When using a combination of various methods, it is possible to create a truly unique interior hallway. Joints in the separation zones of wallpaper and panels must be decorated moldings, borders or friezes.
Modern wall decoration in the hallway panels MDF: photo
MDF panels often trim not only walls, but also the ceiling. The popularity of this material received for their good finishing quality. Panels are a good substitute for wood and at the same time a very good mimic it.
You can often see the finish of the panels, which can not be distinguished from a wooden lining. hall to consider the interior of the whole apartment for a harmonious design.
Decorating the walls of MDF panels in the bedroom is extremely rare
Decorating the walls of the panels are not appropriate in all areas, and is mostly used for decoration:
- Corridors of apartments and houses;
- In the kitchen;
- On balconies or balcony;
- The hostel in the decoration of the common areas.
Decorative panels may be used partly in the finishing of the walls in the living room to select some design ideas. It is worth noting that due to environmental, panel material may still be used for the complete decoration of the walls, even in the bedrooms, but rarely creates a space designed for sleeping as office style.
The better the finish corridors PVC or MDF panels
Building materials market offers a huge selection of wall panels. It helps to understand better the finish corridors PVC or MDF panels. Sometimes the differences between them do not play a big role, but it's worth to know them.
The most common combination - the walls of the corridor, made of MDF panels and PVC ceiling panels
- It consists of plastic;
- May be harmful substance vaporizing upon heating;
- Are inexpensive;
- moisture resistant;
- perfectly smooth;
- Resistant to damage;
- Used for walls and ceilings.
In PVC panels have many good qualities, they are well suited for installation in wet rooms and corridors thanks to the possibility to wash the panel, if necessary.
- Consist of pressed wood chips;
- Not harmful to health;
- Affordable price of certain species;
- Not all types of moisture resistant;
- The surface can be as smooth or embossed;
- Not all types of fairly resistant to damage;
- Used for walls, ceilings less.
As can be seen, the panels of both materials are readily available at a cost, surface finished with them, are obtained smooth. The color palette is as diverse noticeable difference is the composition of the panels.
For people who prefer natural, more suitable for the finishing of MDF panels of the corridor. MDF panels are rarely used for ceilings and for the corridor it is possible to combine MDF walls with PVC ceiling.
Decorating hallway with plastic panels: design and photo
Plastic panels are one of the options for the walls and ceiling of the hall. They are widely used in offices and homes have many advantages. With plastic panels can be quickly attached to the surface smooth and decorative appearance. Installation can be done independently, without resorting to the services of specialists.
Plastic panels - a convenient and popular material for hall
Decorating hallway with plastic panels can be combined with other materials:
- Excellent combined with MDF paneled walls;
- A combination of a ceiling made of plastic, and the walls are made of MDF panels;
- Excellent combination with the wallpaper as a half on the walls and ceiling - plastic, walls - wallpaper.
Qualitative plastic panels are harmless to health, have a high moisture resistance, strong and durable enough. The panels fit well into the interior of the apartment and perfectly combined with the interior.
As paneled corridor
Paneled hallway with his hands in the cellar. Most panels are fastened on a metal or wooden crate, but if the surface is flat wall panels can be fastened without frame by bonding adhesive liquid nails.
Self installing panels MDF is not particularly difficult
Smooth walls are rare, and should carefully review the basics of rack mounting:
- Racks carcass to be used is not less than 20 * 40 mm in width;
- All frame components must be installed with the help of the level;
- The distance between the battens shall conform to the dimensions of panels.
Wall sheathing must be securely fastened, and the panel on the crate is better to strengthen the special hooks - capping.
For framing joint panels with the floor surface, it is necessary to make and to consolidate gender plinth, and on the ceiling junction of ceiling moldings.
MDF panel - Cladding corridor (video)
Set MDF panels easily and installation does not take much time. The finished result will not differ from the work of professionals, if you observe all the technology and do not ignore the rules of fixing the entire structure. Beautiful wall in the corridor will be a long time to please their external qualities, thanks to the good care and durable materials.
Design and decoration of the hall panels MDF (photo examples)