Modern finishing material – liquid wallpaper in the kitchen
Liquid wallpaper will give an attractive look to your kuhneVizualno liquid wallpaper associated with textile wallpaper or decorative plaster. Of the modern - the most safe finishing material. Kitchen they fit could not be better: resistant to temperature fluctuations, provide sound insulation and thermal insulation, do not contribute to the appearance of cracks. As a result, the wall will have a beautiful and attractive appearance.
Liquid wallpaper for the kitchen: what it is
Liquid wallpaper will please both the owner and guests with its breathtaking views
With liquid wallpaper kitchen walls look noble, their silky texture elegant interior emphasizes specifics. They got this name due to its composition, and technology covering the walls.
Liquid wallpaper made up of:
- The binder part;
- Decorative additives;
- Cellulose, silk or cotton fibers;
- Crumb: marble or quartz;
- Spangles of mica.
This mixture was packed into plastic bags and is marketed in dry form. To work it needs to be diluted in water. Applying the same technique as with plaster.
Liquid wallpaper is applied to the wall at a temperature of 10 and above. Drying finished surface to 72 hours, depending on the moisture premises deposited layer of wallpaper and surface texture.
Liquid wallpaper sold in powders. For its dilution is sufficient plain water
By purchasing the right amount of material, take a few kilos more. Remains well-kept in a dry and cool place, and is likely to come in handy later. And with a shortage - will lose a lot of precious time.
Positive, and perhaps the most important factor in the liquid wallpaper is that in preparation of the walls to work, to align them is not necessary but primed all - still needed.
Primed walls need two steps:
- First, using the vertical movements.
- After drying - horizontal.
Further it is possible to start the preparation of the mixture itself, and proceed to repair.
Liquid wallpaper in the kitchen: reviews
Treat the walls with antiseptic. Thus the wallpaper will be held firmly
Study and analyze all the aspects and characteristics of liquid wallpaper on their own, will not be difficult. For example, this process can ask the seller or friends who have dealt with the liquid wallpaper during repairs in the kitchen. In the modern age of the internet, you can quickly find the information you need without leaving your home. And even the video to learn the specifics of the application of liquid wallpaper on the surface.
And will be useful to read the reviews of people who already faced in practice with different nuances of this work.
The most common responses from the internet on:
- Complexity, or vice versa ease the coating process liquid wallpaper on the kitchen wall.
- Ease of cleaning the surface of dust and grease.
- Plus the ability to paint the walls, covered with liquid wallpaper.
- Environmental friendliness of this type of material.
- An optional flat preparing walls for cover.
- More budget embodiment, in comparison with other surfacing materials.
- Ease of recovery of damaged areas.
- The presence of a specific smell for a long time.
- Long-term operation.
In general, you can find a huge number of both positive and negative reviews. As it happens either because of inexperience, or the reluctance to end to understand what you're dealing. But will not please everyone, as they say: "The taste and color ...".
Useful advice! In order to avoid, in time, the emergence of the fungus under the textured wallpaper, it is recommended before starting to process the walls with antiseptic.
Making the graceful figures of liquid wallpaper for the kitchen
Tired of the monotony and boredom kitchen walls? Using simple techniques, liquid wallpaper can create a graceful pattern. Picture of the kitchen will give exclusivity and refinement. Where you can apply all your skills and dream a little.
Before you start, you should prepare the wall.
Drawings of liquid wallpaper where to start:
- Visualize the image and its size.
- To make a stencil out of cardboard or buy a ready in a specialty store. Make to order, say, a photo, and do not be too hard.
- Circle stencil pencil and transfer the image onto a wall or ceiling.
- Mark ready mix the desired color and to cause its small spatula very thin layer beyond the edge of 1 mm.
- Align the mixture at the edges of the contour pattern of deposition.
Next docking color is applied only when the previous one has dried. If desired, the ready mix can be added sequins, beads or special threads. These wallpapers can be prepared with the addition of silk. Look, such a composition would be luxurious, but this is not the cheapest. For an unusual shade, you can experiment and mix two or more colors.
Realistic and embossed patterns are made by a variety of spatulas with a serrated edge.
In liquid wallpaper with a pattern there is one feature which is not taken into account - a big mistake. Keep in mind that when wet the same color will be painted and the neighboring edge of the appliqué, and will also deformation under pressure.
pros and cons - it is possible to use liquid wallpaper in the kitchen
When using liquid wallpaper consider all the pros and cons of these wallpaper
Or not to use liquid wallpaper in the kitchen - everyone's business. Importantly for all the positive and negative points and eventually take the right decision.
The positive qualities of liquid wallpaper in the kitchen
- This material has no seams. From an aesthetic point of view it is a big plus.
- Defects in operation easily discreetly removed without disturbing the overall appearance. This will require the necessary soak contaminated area, remove and replace with a new one. Therefore, after the repair will be advisable not to throw away the remains of the material.
- Wallpaper surface contamination removed with a damp cloth or towel.
- Liquid wallpaper does not cause allergies.
- If necessary, they can be painted.
- These wallpapers fit well on the surface, to hide all the irregularities of the flaws.
A large number of pros will please you in the selection of liquid wallpaper
There is a downside liquid wallpaper.
Disadvantages of liquid wallpaper in the kitchen
- Liquid wallpaper absorb grease and odors.
- They do not like moisture.
- On the surface can form spots or stains.
Covered with a protective lacquer, liquid wallpaper, you can prevent contamination on the surface of the wall
Liquid wallpaper efficiently cover the wall but not in the cooking areas, hob and sink. For these areas is better to choose other finishing materials.
Save water-repellent effect will help to latex and acrylic paint. It recommended their application in several layers.
Liquid wallpaper will be ideal for kitchens where plenty of natural light. This material is in direct rays does not change its structure and does not fade.
Liquid wallpaper in the kitchen (video)
Liquid wallpaper can be safely used in the kitchen - it's beautiful, modern, stylish, elegant and practical. They can easily be applied to the surface than the boring and uninteresting to glue conventional and already bored with wallpaper. They are in great demand and pose no danger to others. To choose the right colors and texture of liquid wallpaper, you can dramatically change the space in the kitchen and out of the ordinary the dining room, to create an unusual and modern zone of comfort and coziness.
Liquid wallpaper in the kitchen (photo)