Suspended ceiling - aesthetic, reliable and relatively inexpensive option finishing the ceiling space in domeNedorogie ceilings - it's sticking, painting and, of course, whitewashing. But even the most ideal for the implementation of Budget work can not be compared with the possibilities of the suspension system. And Khrushchev and apartments in modern buildings, both residential and public suspension structures used today - beautiful, practical and modern.
Pros and cons of false ceilings
First, most importantly, what you get is a perfectly flat, smooth surface. And this is the basic requirement and determining the ceiling. If the repair is made qualitatively, the decorative trim need not be soon, and the new ceiling to install will have to fifteen years.
Finally, these practical and decorative ceilings are easy to clean. And they are an excellent acoustic and sound insulation, which is very convenient in the "thin-walled" houses, where every neighbor sneeze can say "bless you."
An important detail - decorative possibilities ceilings. Virtually any topic is becoming a reality, as, for example, plasterboard ceiling, thanks to the properties of the material can take any form - because the final design depends only on your imagination.
Plasticity drywall ceiling provides an opportunity to give the desired geometric shape
A suspended ceiling can be almost any photo-printing patterns by transfer to his canvas. And the print quality, the brightness of the color will not fade over the years. Today and colors suspended structures is impressive, and the texture and speed of erection of some of them.
Well, minus these systems is perhaps only one objective. And it's not that they are harmful to health. Quality ceilings are no longer harmful synthetic clothes that you wear. No, what about the red in question, it's about the "theft of the height." Such deprivation of the room more than a pair of centimeters is possible only in a room with a high ceiling, especially when it comes to multi-tiered structures.
Species and the appointment of suspended ceilings
Hanging or suspended ceiling is now considered an integral part of not only homes and apartments, but also offices, trade halls, office buildings and so on. And besides decorative function, it often creates good acoustics and a favorable microclimate in the building.
Types of modern ceilings:
- Plasterboard or plaster;
Each of ceiling types has its own distinctive characteristics.
- Plasterboard ceilings. They consist of plates or sheets, which is sheathed with a metal frame. The design, especially if it is not one level, has a considerable size because the height of the room should be large. But in the void can be made communications - wiring, ventilation, lighting system, it will be hidden from view.
- Coffered ceiling. Sometimes called a raster ceiling, sometimes - rack. And although the cassettes and rails vary, the principle of the system is similar. Perforated ceiling cassette is more common in the office, but there are some options that will be organic look at the apartment.
- Glass and mirror ceiling - the definition of the same cluster, just the type of material the other. Regarding the operation, we can say that the mirror and the glass close to galvanized steel and aluminum.
Cassette ceilings are highly water resistant, so they are ideal for rooms with high humidity levels
It is important that in the case of self-repair you purchased goods are certified according to GOST.
Modular Ceilings: How To Choose
The modular ceiling system - a high-tech and quickly assembled a system that can hide the uneven rough ceiling, wires, ventilation, etc.
Design consists of a support frame to which the individual ceiling elements called modules already fixed. In the design, there are special hangers, which allow to fasten the frame to the base ceiling. Since the length of the suspensions can be different, it is possible to speak of any distance between the rough ceiling and modular, defining the final height of the ceiling.
The main characteristics of the modular ceiling
- thermal insulation - warm air in the room is maintained, the ceiling serves as a barrier for heat leakage;
- Soundproofing - ceilings can serve as a sound barrier;
- Reflective ability - make the ceiling lighter than the walls, because it reflects incident light;
- Humidity resistance - different resistance to all extremes of humidity and it is important.
Suspended ceilings have a mirror-reflecting effect that allows you to visually expand the room 2 times
By types of modular ceilings are rack, cassette and mesh. Rack ceiling collected from special rails (very popular ceiling Bard) cassette - of plates that are placed in the profiles and surfaces of the honeycomb is metalloreshetki through which it will be seen the inner space.
Suspended ceiling without seams or fabric
This tensioning design that has become popular especially in recent years. From the ceiling of the film once the fabric was different just the same without any seams. Today, manufacturers have tried, and are already PVC ceiling and fabric can be seamless. However, it should be said that the maximum length of fabric seamless ceiling is considered to be 5 m, and the film - 5.5 m.
Installation seamless ceiling does not differ from the suture.
The original ceiling decor that does not require significant material costs made possible by the tissue suspension construction
Fabric ceiling, moreover, installs quickly, and without the use of a heat gun. Among the shortcomings of the tissue webs can be called only that under the influence of the large pressure of water in case of flooding, the webs break out of the fixing profile.
Waterproof Armstrong Ceilings
Ceiling water-resistant panels are available from Armstrong, and for twenty years as the production volumes of these products have grown significantly.
These ceiling tiles are made of calcium silicate hydrate, and they are almost ideal for rooms with temperature difference - this cap, and a veranda, and unheated spaces.
The advantages of such ceilings is the fact that they are easy to clean and can be used indoors, where there is a risk of injury to the surface.
Today Armstrong ceilings are used:
- In offices and shopping centers;
- Residential premises;
- swimming pools;
- Production facilities, etc.
Suspension system as "Armstrong" - the most common variant of finishing the ceiling space in offices and sales rooms
Since the mineral fiber material from which the plate has a high density, Armstrong resistant to water vapor, and chlorine vapor perfectly clean.
False ceiling height and that it affects
There are several reasons, which will affect the final height of the ceiling.
The height depends on:
- The lighting system. If the ceiling tension, required, by the way, mortgages. These are plastic rings with a hole of a certain diameter. In any case, a suspended ceiling is lowered by at least the height of the lighting device housing, is taken into account, and the thickness of the coating.
- Furniture. It also affects the height of the ceiling, the furniture should not be too high. And if you also make a new floor, this fact becomes especially important.
- Warming. The insulating layer, or rather its installation, require space. Insulation should not affect the skin.
Suspended ceiling affects the appearance of any room, so you need a very cautious attitude to the choice of colors of the walls and furniture design
Also worth noting is the fact that the ceiling will change the atmosphere in the room. Yes, it changes slightly, but the temperature and humidity still a little swap. And if you have a small room, the ceiling, and so was not high, it is possible that there will be lack of air syndrome.
Where can you use ceiling
The apartment is almost no room where possible the use of the suspension system.
Judge for yourself:
- In the bedroom this ceiling will be an excellent sound insulation;
- In the living room it will become and resonators, and an important element of the original of indoor lighting;
- In the kitchen and in the bathroom you can use the rack and modular ceilings that are not afraid of the effects of water;
- And even on the balcony good solution will rack ceiling - and it looks neat, and mounted easily.
Particularly worth mentioning plasterboard ceilings with them the possibility of zoning the room. Different lighting or the use of multiple levels, you can highlight the sitting room area, dining area, work area (if living aligned with the cabinet), etc.
Varieties ceilings (video)
Suspended ceiling is one of the symbols of time, if we talk about the interior. It is not the cheapest way to design ceiling, but can not attribute it to giperzatratnym. And the opportunities they offer interior space, great - especially if you play the levels (tiers), lighting, color and texture.
Have a nice choice!
Types of suspended ceilings (Photo Interior)