Making the fireplace with his hands Plasterboard: 5 advantages in the design element
Complement the interior of the living room, you can use the self-made false kaminaKamin in his own home - it's a dream of many families. Unfortunately, in a city apartment with central heating it does not always have the opportunity to build a full stone fireplace. In addition, the risk of hearth operation with live fire of many stops on the way to the cherished dream. For such cases, the perfect solution would be the installation of a fireplace made of plasterboard. It is not too different from the present design and assemble it at home can practically everyone.
Fireplaces made of plasterboard: types and finishes
Fireside drywall only at first glance it seems the idea of a purely decorative. Assembled on a sturdy metal frame and steering the profile drywall, it can not only please the eye and evoke thoughts of the evening gatherings by the fire, but also serve as a convenient piece of furniture in the living room or bedroom. For example, on the projecting portal of the fireplace, you can build large bookshelf, put on it a collection if you are fond of collecting, or just use it to store the necessary household trifles.
Fireplaces made of plasterboard can be made in many different styles and fit into the interior as a classical baroque apartments, as well as in ultra-high-tech, and it is quite naturally any fireplace will look in the interiors of the Art Nouveau style of Provence, rustic, eco and mixing them.
Rather quickly make your own hands can be a fireplace made of plasterboard
Fireplace plasterboard may be not only the traditional form. For a small room suitable compact corner fireplace, a large space can easily be zoned using the protruding portal and a fireplace podium.
In the method of manufacturing artificial fireplace all plasterboard can be divided into three groups: the real, in which it is possible to mount this furnace for Biofireplaces; conditional - a portal which can serve as a place to put the heater or plasma screen; and symbolic that perform only a decorative function in nature.
Benefits fireplaces plasterboard following:
- The cheapness of the material and a minimum set of tools: to create all need the same set of materials and equipment, and for any drywall constructions;
- Various possibilities of decoration and design: artificial fireplaces can oblitsevat tiles or natural stone, plaster columns to decorate or to sheathe clapboard - depending on the overall style of the space;
- Fireplaces made of gypsum board may take any form according to the customer, they are easily installed and removed, and, if necessary, the design can be simply moved to another place;
- If you do not plan to install inside the portal falshkamina biotopku fireplace is completely safe for the environment. In case of an electrical equipment, candles or biofireplaces should just observe basic safety precautions.
Fireplace plasterboard - is an excellent and very inexpensive embodiment decor, which equally decorate both spacious living and hassle small bedroom. And if you decide to design the interior of his house with the help of this design, You should start by making a single-step action plan.
A step by step action plan: how to make a fireplace made of plasterboard
Without a clear understanding of what should be a sequence of actions in preparation for the arrangement falshkamina in the house and with the direct execution of works, it is very difficult to achieve a reliable and beautiful results in a short time. Therefore, you should start with the most important: choosing the style of the fireplace, its location, and "stuffing".
Location: in the spacious room it is best to place a fireplace in the middle of the long wall. In this case, at the same time draw falshdymohod for greater reliability. In a small room, choose angular design. Similarly, it is not necessary to install an artificial fireplace in a remote place, where it will be difficult to reach.
First of all, you should consider the design of the fireplace, and then make it a frame of profiles
The style you can think of yourself, or rely on a photo similar designs, which in large quantities can be found on the Internet.
If you want to achieve maximum reliability, it is possible to equip a small inside falshkamina Bio Fireplace. But in this case, you need to use a special fire-resistant drywall and additional insulation of the inner walls of the portal non-combustible materials, such as asbestos or refractory bricks. Installation Biofireplaces preferably carried out together with a specialist.
Stuffing for the fireplace can be anything: candles, set in the portal; pile of books; electronic photo frame that will receive the image of the flame; plasma screen or electric fireplace, disguised as a real center.
A step by step plan to create a fireplace made of plasterboard:
- Choosing suitable variant and move it to the drawing;
- Create a layout;
- We make a calculation of the necessary materials and make their purchase;
- Mount the frame profile;
- Sheathe sheets GCR framework;
- We carry out finishing work on the duct;
- We make the inside portal;
- We are working on decorating the fireplace.
The first stage in the construction of the fireplace made of plasterboard - it is drawing. He will let you see exactly how to place a structure to understand its dimensions and detail design.
Creating a layout and drawing fire from drywall
And the drawing, and the layout of the fireplace is desired to produce a full size. Stock up on Whatman, ruler, protractor and pencil, and remember the basics of school drawing. Apply a sketch of the future focus, Draw details and dimension of each element of the future construction.
In order to obtain a clean fireplace and quality, experts recommend first to develop a model of the future product
Try to portray not only the front view, but the isometric view of the fireplace. Then you have to try drawing the future installation site.
If no issues have arisen, you can transfer the drawing to the layout of the fireplace.
Layout can be quickly and easily make improvised:
- Foam sheet;
- PVA glue;
- Paint knife;
Cut out of the fireplace overall dimensions of the layout of the portal and attach it to the wall at the installation site. You clearly see whether to issue a hotbed of the podium or over the fireplace chimney, there organic look of the design need, whether you need to modify the mantel or adjust the size of the interior.
Choose the tools and materials
After all the calculations are made, you can start making the most of the fireplace. For this we need the basic tools for working with drywall and the standard set of materials.
All necessary tools and materials to install the fireplace trim can be purchased in specialized shops
Tools and materials to create the fireplace box of plasterboard:
- Bulgarka or masking blade;
- Scissors on metal;
- Hammer drill;
- Sheet metal wall and guides;
- Plasterboard sheets (GCR or, preferably, the refractory GKLO);
- Screws 6 x 60 and the dowel-nails.
If you can not buy the whole strip profile, you can use the leftovers, if not assemble a skeleton from strips or wooden bars. For finishing work uniquely useful reinforcing tape-serpyanka, paint net, plaster and putty knives to work with it, grater nazhdachki, corners armirovochnye.
Fireplace made of plasterboard with their hands: step by step instructions for the master
After all of the materials were purchased, built and tested the layout in place the proposed installation of a fireplace, and the equipment is ready for use, you can begin the process of manufacturing.
In order to make the walls of the fireplace were perfectly flat and perpendicular to the floor, be sure to use at installation level and plumb. Do not be amiss to check the coincidence of the lengths of the diagonals in the finished structure - they must be equal.
Set gypsum beautiful fireplace can be independently, the main thing - to get introduced with the instruction and advice of experts
The order of execution of works:
- Making the bearing frame of the wall and the guide profiles (SS and SN) to fasten it to the wall anchors in the mounting position. We collect on the frame of the same profile of the portal frame.
- Plasterboard and profiles separately collect fireplace podium and cut the shelf. We mount the podium and a shelf to the duct of the fireplace, the inside of the portal sewed up sheetrock, forming a furnace.
- Carefully trim angles design using parts, sticking the tape on-serpyanku joints sheets gruntuem top cover and filler. After drying putty overwrite surface. Now you're ready to decorative works.
- Painting the inside of the furnace into a suitable color, if desired, before it can be coated asbestos or other heat resistant material. Portal fireplace and tray cover selected finishing materials, decorate and decorate. Inside the furnace set "stuffing."
After carrying out major works fireplace need to add personality, that is, to issue its decor. Ways to decorate the fireplace or decorate it under a certain style of the interior, there are many. Consider just a few of them.
Fireplace made of plasterboard: ways to trim and decor
Decorate the fireplace can not only plaster columns or rosettes. To finish it, you can safely use almost any kind of fabric, even at first glance, it is not suitable for such an arrangement.
Make a false fireplace elegant and refined, you can use the beautiful stucco
Examples of decoration plasterboard fireplaces:
- Good will look glazed tiles lining "a la Russe" or tiles;
- Glass or ceramic mosaic will also complement the stylish decor of the fireplace;
- You can give your fireplace "primitive" look and decorate it with stones of irregular shape;
- Masonry also complement the type of fire, including, if oblitsevat refractory red brick furnace inside.
Any of the options presented can be successfully and with small investments to implement in their homes.
Make a fireplace made of plasterboard with their hands (video)
Easy to manufacture, but very beautiful fireplace made of plasterboard will give the house a noble, aristocratic look, create a family atmosphere and will make the room much more comfortable.
Design fireplace made of plasterboard with their hands (photo in the interior)