Liquid wallpaper on the ceiling: a great option finish
Liquid wallpaper have all the advantages of plaster, which allows you to hide defects in the ceiling without the need for alignment of its poverhnostiZhidkie wallpaper on the ceiling - a great option finishing the ceiling, which is becoming increasingly popular in recent years. Such ceilings look not only stylish and luxurious. Ecological purity of the material captivates the consumer, which, though a little watching their health. Long service life coverage too is important for a person who does not want to turn his life into an endless repairs. In short, the advantages of this material abound, and as for the complexity of the manufacturing process, it is already half an hour after the start of work, you'll have to work confidently with a trowel, improving the appearance of your home.
Liquid wallpaper at the ceiling with his hands cheaper
In our difficult time it became urgent inexpensive repair. You can certainly save on material. However, these savings is questionable, because the cheapest material is likely to last for long.
As for a hired labor force, there is no guarantee that you will make this repair is better than you can do it with your hands. The fact is that in this age of total unemployment there were many "teams" who do are not experts, but for those they claim to be.
The structure of liquid wallpaper includes natural components: cotton, mica, textile waste
After reviewing video of 2-3 application of liquid wallpaper on the ceiling, you will not only have a complete picture of this work, but also perfectly handle the job themselves. You will also realize that it is much better and easier than the traditional glued to the ceiling paper, vinyl or non-woven wallpaper. In order to apply the liquid to the ceiling wallpaper, wallpaper themselves need and very nemudrony tool.
Liquid wallpaper is a dry mixture used for interior decoration of various facilities.
The mixture can consist of the following components:
- Of wool;
- Of CMC glue;
The last two components are a binder. The first four are applicable depending on the type of liquid wallpaper.
- Silk. Most durable and very resistant to fading.
- Silk and cellulose.
Wallpaper and silk-cellulose pulp somewhat inferior in quality silk wallpaper, and, of course, cheaper than them.
- Capacity, where it is necessary to fill a liquid wall to swell;
- Trowel, spatula or a trowel;
- Plastic trowel;
Before you start cooking the wallpaper from the dry mixture should be familiar with the instructions and take account of all the recommendations of the manufacturer
Of course, the spray will give some savings in material, but. As a rule, this tool has successfully replaced the same with a trowel.
Surface preparation is to remove old wallpaper, or whitewashing.
Liquid wallpaper can be applied to the old painted surface of any paint, as well as on the glass wall. Before applying liquid wallpaper, the surface is primed.
Advantages and disadvantages of liquid wallpaper (video)
How to apply liquid wallpaper on the ceiling do it right
Technology application of liquid wallpaper on the ceiling is not fundamentally different from applying them to the walls.
Preparation of liquid wallpaper to work is as follows:
- The material from the package to soak in the water temperature of 25-30 degrees for 12 hours before the start of work;
- Each package was prepared separately. Gloss usually poured first. Then, after a preliminary shake the contents of the package in order to thoroughly mix the components mound mixture into water, we achieve a homogeneous mass. This is best done hands, without fearing for their own skin - wallpaper made from natural substances. Luster, by the way, are often not used at all.
- The resulting mixture was again placed in a bag and allowed to swell for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours the material can be mixed, split into portions and necessary for storing, as necessary, within two weeks.
- Priming walls made shortly prior to the application of wallpaper. The primer is applied in two layers to meet the required dry. Dub the wall is not necessarily ideal. With regard to the soil, it is applied along the first area of the ceiling, and the second layer - in the transverse direction.
- The finished material should have a good stick in the wall, no sliding and no flaking. If the mixture is wet enough, you can add water in the calculation of liter per package. Material is applied with a trowel (with a spatula) of stainless steel, a layer of 1-2mm.
Liquid wallpaper applied to the surface of the wall using a trowel with light smoothing movements
If you need to update the portion of the coating or perekleit completely new coating layer is applied directly on old layer. This quality material capable of applying patterns and other color and pattern, and indeed, to use various methods of applying the liquid wallpaper different color, feel altering become familiar interior. Everything is possible, just to be doing something right!
Trowel (trowel) during operation to keep an angle of about 15 degrees, rather than the entire plane.
Another new batch of material to be mixed with the previous one, in order to avoid raznotonnosti coating.
When the ceiling is ready, it is necessary soaked in water with a trowel lightly flatten caused to the ceiling material.
Liquid wallpaper Ceiling: consumer reviews
Relatively "young" material called liquid wallpaper, this year already successfully "otvoovyvaet" all the new residential area of apartments and houses.
Due to a great many positive qualities of liquid wallpaper, feedback very much, and all of them, almost positive.
When damage or contamination of the coating defect can be eliminated by using a solution of wallpaper
Liquid wallpaper for the ceiling are very good material that can significantly change the interior of your home.
- Easily applied to the surface, although I did not do it;
- Very easy to repair damaged children or rearrangement of the furniture, which has a greater height;
- It is easy to plug the cracks appeared in the ceiling;
- Not only improve sound insulation, but also the acoustics in the room;
- Quickly dry out, drafts are not afraid, and it speeds up the drying quality;
- Ceiling surface has no joints; it seems that pasted one vast sheet of the ceiling;
- Do not see cracks and slight unevenness of the ceiling;
- Does not sit down dust on the ceiling;
- According to easily remove the layer of liquid wallpaper;
- Not require the removal of the old layer before application of the new. The new layer can be applied over the old one.
All guests can add that these wallpapers are environmentally friendly material, as it contains only natural ingredients.
Liquid wallpaper perfectly tolerate extremes of temperature and shrinkage at home, which is important for cottages and country houses.
Liquid wallpaper is not prone to fading, flaking for a long time - up to 15 years.
Liquid white wallpaper on the ceiling: the reasons for the popularity
The vast majority of consumers are accustomed to see the white ceiling, and this stereotype is firmly stuck in the subcortex, especially in conservative natures.
However, everything depends not only on the prevailing conservatism or, almost centuries of stereotypes. The case also in this aspect, as the design.
Mixtures for walls are very diverse in colors and texture, and it allows you to make the interior of the apartment or office unique
Fortunately, in the building and internet stores abound choice of wallpaper in any color. White is no exception.
Thus, the main reasons for the choice:
- White liquid wallpaper on the ceiling visually expands the room.
- Not everyone likes the colored ceilings.
However, as an intermediate (between the white and color), there is a case of light colors: light gray or pale beige etc. All a matter of personal perception, mostly. And again, not a sin to choose wallpaper to see a photo with different variants of colors, as well as video.
Technology application of liquid wallpaper on the ceiling (video)
In conclusion, it should be noted that working with liquid wallpaper under the force of even very inexperienced repairmen. In addition, in the rooms during the repair, it will not be irritating smell odors that allows you to repair, without causing any inconvenience to their household. The process of applying liquid wallpaper is clean, that is, during the operation will not be the usual garbage. Ventilate the room, you can immediately after use, without waiting for the complete drying of wallpaper - they have a negative will not work. In short, such a repair is solid pros! Liquid wallpaper glue in the living room, hallway, bedroom. Undesirable gluing in areas with high humidity! Go for it, and you get everything perfectly!
Examples of liquid wallpaper on a ceiling (photo interior)