Kinds and production of a metal profile for plasterboard
Metal profile is used for the construction of buildings, which subsequently mounted drywall or other material Gypsum is very popular in recent years because it is beautiful, easy to install, place the frame on which you can hide all the flaws and irregularities of the walls. Often, drywall sheets are mounted on a frame of metal profiles. If you decide to collect a product yourself, then that after a while it did not collapse and not deformed, you will need to carefully examine the types and properties of the metal profiles.
Metal profile for drywall: Sizes and types
Metal profiles do not corrode, since for their manufacturing galvanized cold-rolled metal, thereby their service life is long enough. To assemble the right framework for drywall, you need to understand what metalloprofili suitable for this purpose.
There is a wide variety of types and sizes of metal profiles, so you can choose a model for any design
Let's see what kinds of metal profiles exist.
- Racks or vertical profiles named manufacturers (DM or PM) are one of the main elements of a metal skeleton for installing drywall to walls and ceiling. Through them optimal for all walls, size, after using these profiles is the minimum number of unnecessary line segments. Their length is from 2.5 to 4 m, width 60 mm and height 28 mm shelves.
- The guide profile (LE or Mo) have a width of 27 mm, length 3 m, height of shelves 28 mm. They are used for horizontal mounting rack mounted between profiles. For convenience, the frame assembly such profile must have perforations along the perimeter.
- The guide retaining sections are used for mounting and partition walls have the following dimensions: length 2-4 m, width 4.2 - 15 cm and a height of 37-40 mm shelves. As you can see from the size range of profiles (HC) is quite broad as may be required for the repair partition sizes.
- Vertical rack profiles to create the partitions have a width of 60 mm and a length of 3-4 meters and a height of 40-50 mm shelves. Some of them have special holes for easy installation of communication and extra rib.
The arched profile (PA) used for making the carcass under the arch or other curved structure. PA are both concave and curved. The range of sizes of such profiles is very extensive.
For lack of arch profiles, having a sufficient level of skill, you can bring the desired shape rackmount profiles.
Collecting the carcass structure for plasterboard, keep in mind that each type of profile must be in place, otherwise the fruit of your work will not have a decent appearance.
Additional elements under the metal profile for drywall
Some metal sections for the construction of the frame under the plasterboard, is not enough, you need to have a more diverse set of fixtures. At the moment, there are so many kinds of additional elements to metal sheets. We will look at those that are deemed necessary to work with the carcass structure.
Among the additional elements to be noted metal profile plate, which is intended for mounting to the base structure
Types of additional elements:
- Connector for vertical profile has two levels. It is sold in expanded form, so using it is necessary to fold the two sides at a right angle along the planned lines. Duplex connectors are mounted with two screws.
- Connectors single-level, better known in construction circles called "crabs", are used for fastening at the intersection of the guides. Such fastening optionally installed using screws, they have a special latch which better withstand loads up to 20 kg.
- Direct suspension is used to set the vertical profile of the ceiling. It is attached directly to the substrate, pre-arching the letter P, via screws. Its length may be from 7.5 to 30 cm. If you can not find a direct suspension, it can be made independently of the vertical suspension.
- The anchor is used to increase the suspension length of the suspension straight. It is inserted into the metal rack profile, while its rod is inserted through the spring hole. Suspension with a thrust loads up to 25 kg.
- Longitudinal connector is used when the rack profile is not sufficiently long. Such extension is inserted in PP and fixed thereon two screws.
- Corner connector for rack profile used to replace the single layer of the connector.
These additional elements must be of good quality and strong enough, because without them you will not be able to collect a frame made of metal profiles for plasterboard structures.
The metal profile fastened plasterboard
In order to bring together all the elements that you will need screws and dowels. To make the structure more durable and long lasting, you need a good understanding of the types and sizes of these small but very important detail frame.
For fixing metal profiles using self-tapping screws
Which screws may be needed:
- For single-layer plasterboard structures using self-tapping screws 25 mm in length, if you mount the construction of 2 or more layers of drywall, you'll like the length of 40 mm.
- To fix on the ceiling hangers direct use boring or piercing screws length of 11 or 16 mm, but these devices may interfere with the tight fit sheets of drywall. An excellent choice for direct installation at the ceiling hangers to become self-tapping screws to press the puck.
- When mounted on the wall UD profiles, you can not do without plastic dowels.
- If you collect the ceiling plasterboard structures, use for attaching hangers special metal fasteners called anchor-wedge. Such attachment can withstand the huge loads, resistant to rust and therefore have a sufficiently long service life.
- Dowel nail used for attaching the frame element to the bearing walls. Dowel choose for such structures made of plastic as they can be driven into a wall with a hammer.
Keep in mind that the correct choice of nails and screws directly depends on the reliability of your constructed of drywall ceilings and walls.
Metal profiles for plasterboard: Selection Criteria
Choosing metal profiles for plasterboard installation frame, pay special attention to their quality, because the construction markets are often found fake unfit for work. If you just do not recognize the marriage, you risk after the completion of repairs to get uneven and unstable walls and ceiling.
Choosing metal profile it should be based on the size and weight of the material to be fixed thereto
Common types of marriage:
- Too thin metal from which the profile is made substantially reduce the level of loading that is capable of supporting the frame. To verify the quality of the metal, using calipers, metal thickness must be at least 0.55 cm.
- If the profiles are traces of rust, it is a sure sign that their production of metal parts subject to rusting was used. Such material is not suitable for installation scaffolds. If the seller offers you a profile, heavily oiled, it is a sure sign that a layer of grease hide any defects.
- When the dimensions of the profiles not meet generally accepted standards for gypsum board frame can turn not flat, because of which ,, it will be sufficient to attach the GCR problematic.
- Do not take the profiles, damaged during storage and transportation as well as a fully align them would be virtually impossible.
Variety of metal profiles for plasterboard (video)
Now you know about the profiles of the shortcomings, which are most often found on construction markets. Carefully select the materials, and your repair will delight you for years to come.