Install a plastic ceiling in the bathroom
With a strong desire plastic ceiling in the bathroom can be set independently for the last time, finishing the ceiling in the bathrooms used PVC panels. This material is widely used due to low cost. Also PVC panels have high performance. Installation of the ceiling made of plastic is produced in several stages. First, the base surface was treated and prepared for mounting batten. After that the installation frame and cladding panels.
Preparation of the surface under the plastic ceiling in the bathroom with their hands
If you properly prepare the surface by plastic panels, the structure gained a strong, and will not be deformed. First, a basic ceiling of the room should be cleaned from the remnants of whitewash and paint. To do this, use the spatula. If the paint is separated poorly, moisten the surface with warm water.
Follow-up training is carried out in several stages:
- Elimination of cracks and other defects. If the size of the crack is large, it must first be expanded with a sharp object, and then putty.
- Primer. If you decide to use a plastic cap for finishing the bath, then you need to apply a primer to the base surface in multiple layers.
- Caulking. Apply the plaster need only after the first coat is completely dry.
Before installing the plastic ceiling in the bathroom should be carefully prepared ceiling covering: fix cracks, primed, apply putty
If you decide to install the plastic ceiling, you will need to take care of the breeding of wires under the spotlights. Remember, the wiring must be securely attached to the base ceiling, otherwise the panel may ignite.
The ceilings in the bathroom PVC: Advantages and Disadvantages
In plastic has many advantages. However, this material has significant drawbacks. A characteristic advantage of plastic is easy to install. Make a ceiling made of plastic with your own hands can be a novice. In addition, the design of the installation is carried out in just a few hours.
- Low cost.
- Moisture resistance. PVC panels do not constitute a mold or fungus.
- Beautiful appearance. Plastic panels should be used in the bathroom, designed in any style.
- Plastic improves the sound insulation of the room.
- PVC panels do not require careful maintenance.
The main advantages of the plastic ceiling - the low cost, moisture resistance, excellent sound insulation
Remember that you can not use plastic panels, ceiling void if pass large pipes. In addition, the ceiling of PVC makes it impossible to make repairs. To replace pipes or wiring you will have to dismantle the entire structure.
Disadvantages of plastic ceilings:
- Reducing the height of the room. Plastic ceilings reduce the ceiling height of 10-12 centimeters.
- Plastic is a synthetic material which, when ignited, melts and releases the poison.
- Low strength. PVC panels are deformed under the influence of mechanical damage.
How to make a frame for a plastic ceiling in a brand new bathroom
frame assembly begins with the markup. You need to identify the lowest corner of the room, and to measure it by 6 centimeters. The resulting point will start. Then you need to use the level of fishing line and mark the entire perimeter of the base surface. Remember that the final and initial lines should converge.
To collect qualitative framework for plastic ceiling is necessary to make an exact layout of the ceiling cover
Mounting frame is made in the following order:
- Drill the holes and insert the dowels. To do this, use a hammer. Do not forget to attach to the wall of the metal profile.
- Secure the guide profile on the wall.
- Attach the hangers. They need to be placed in increments of 60-70 centimeters.
- Secure Suspended ceiling profiles. To fix them accurately, you need to pull the fishing line between the walls. Do not forget to roll up the ends of the fishing line on the dowels.
The standard length of the metal profile - 3 meters. If your bathroom a long ceiling, then insert the end of one profile to another. For fixing the product, use screws.
Installation of the plastic ceiling in the bathroom with their hands
Installing the panels on the crate begins with fixing the starting profile. Alternatively, you can use a special ceiling moldings. Profile that you want to crop and fixed to the surface with screws on metal.
Installing plastic ceiling in the bathroom does not take much of your time, the main thing - that all the necessary materials and tools have been available
Subsequent casing is made in several stages:
- Cut the plastic panel. To make the desired size using a hacksaw.
- Fasten the first panel. Make sure that the panel was located strictly perpendicular to the walls.
- The following panel is necessary to fix by fixing to the profile. It is desirable that between the panels there were no major gaps.
- The last panel fasten similarly.
- Set up at the ceiling lights.
After plating the frame to fix the ceiling moldings. To fix it, you need to use special glue. If between the skirting and the walls will be gaps, remove them with a sealant based on acrylic.
The ceiling of the bathroom plastic panels (video)
Set yourself a ceiling made of plastic is a snap. The main thing - correctly mark the surface of the base and in the correct sequence to assemble crate. Before you begin the frame plating, plastic should be left for a few days in the room. This is to ensure that the panels widened slightly. Do not forget after installation design to eliminate the gaps and unevenness.
Plastic ceiling in the bathroom (photo)