How to wean cat to tear up the furniture and wallpaper: 3 correct ways
Before you bring up the cat, it is important to understand the reason of his povedeniyaKoshki are one of the most common types of pets. This smart and cute animals that are brought into the house of joy and good humor. But along with the positive aspects, there may be some problems that require immediate solutions. Otherwise, they could damage relations between the owner and the cat forever. For one of these issues is the love of cats scratch furniture and wallpaper. How to wean cat to tear up the furniture and wallpaper? The first thing you need to find the cause of this behavior. After that you can safely take up the search for a suitable method of weaning the cat from destructive occupations.
How to wean cat to tear the wallpaper and furnishings: elucidation of the causes
Very often, in a house where there is a cat, you can meet the spoiled furniture and wallpaper. What is natural for cats, can deliver a lot of trouble to their owners. After repairs and buying new furniture can be costly, and the certainty that the cat will not do it again - no. In order to avoid this, upon detection of such behavior in the cat, you need to immediately go fix this problem.
The main rule is - do not scold your pet. After all, this occupation is a natural biological need for it
To wean cat vomit wallpaper and spoil the furniture, you need to know what causes it to do so. The main causes may be several, and most of them justifies the cats.
The reasons that cats scratch furniture and wallpaper
- Perform each exercise for sharpening claws and muscle training.
- Express their emotions. Cats can express their love to the owner, scratching a favorite host.
- Marks its territory by using the pads on the feet that contain sweat glands. Thanks to them, the cats leave their scent on the interior.
In studying the causes and explaining the behavior of your pet, it is important to take into account the fact that intimidation and threats will not help in the fight against such behavior. To do this, you need to include an arsenal of ingenuity to ably defend the wallpaper and furniture from cat attacks.
If cat tears up wallpaper: what to do
A cat can tear up wallpaper for various reasons. However, the problem remains the same - spoiled wallpaper glue that not enough effort and money. There are several ways out of this situation.
You may need to use more than one way before you will be able to wean the cat from his favorite classes. And you can use these funds in the form of a set of measures for combating the capture of the territory.
Each of the methods is aimed at refocusing the cat from the subject on which it focuses its claws
- The use scratching posts. For its creation, use a variety of materials of medium hardness, which resemble wood. Scratching post you can buy or make yourself. Install it in the places most favored by cats. Cat must like material and odor subject. To this end, it is treated with special odorous agents.
- Scare. In this method, the main task is to catch the cat to "crime scene", and it is better to catch in the intention to do so. Then you need to publish a high-pitched sound that will scare the animal. It is necessary to improve the tone and say "no", "Fu", "no". Instead, you can use voice noise produced coins or stones in the bank. Repellent you can use sticky tape.
- Call of unpleasant associations. If it is intended to sharpen the cat's claws, it is necessary to splash it with water. It is important to do so in the first few seconds of her actions appeared to persistent association with unpleasant sensations.
If you use the last two methods it is important to catch the cat scratching at the initial stage. Scold him for work already done makes no sense, because it does not understand the reasons for your anger and resentment.
How to protect wallpaper from cats using odors
Wean cats of their favorite activities, it is very difficult. In this case you should use methods that will prevent the cats come to wallpaper.
Using odors for cats - the perfect solution for the protection of the wallpaper. It is important to use these odors that will not spoil the air in the apartment and will not be unpleasant by the owners
Convenient to carry out spraying with an atomizer. He distributes the moisture, which makes it possible not to damage the surface of the wallpaper.
What smells can be used:
- The mixture odors eucalyptus and citrus oils;
The best solution is to use citrus flavors that not only scare away cats from the wallpaper, but also fill the air in the apartment a pleasant aroma.
Wallpaper that do not tear the cat: types and materials
Experience says that cats tear up all the wallpaper. Another thing is that some of them may be strong enough to not be subject to scratching.
When using conventional wallpapers in most cases, only one remains constant perekleivanie wallpaper, favored by the cats in the field.
There are several options of wallpaper, which are able to solve the problem.
Glass wall - one of the reliable options papering the walls of the room where there is clawed pets
Types of wallpaper:
- Flizeinovye. They have a pretty solid foundation of cellulose and chemical fibers. But here's the second vinyl layer is not very resistant to the sharp claws of the animal.
- Bamboo. Rugged wallpaper that during a certain period will be able to withstand attacks.
- Combined. You can use any kind of wallpaper, with the bottom of the meter by attaching a protective cover of plastic.
- Fiberglass. Fiberglass - reliable and durable material that is not afraid of sharp claws.
The best option is to select the sticky fiberglass. Due finishing materials they possess strength, durability, resistance to damage and the possibility of repainting.
Whether liquid wallpaper compatible and cats
Liquid wallpaper - a popular way to finish walls. They are environmentally friendly, have a breathable structure. If the home there is a pet, it is likely that the decoration of the walls with new wallpaper, a cat will undergo stress. She may start to tear them with their paws, which will lead to disastrous results.
Kittens - one of the winning ways to wean cat to tear up the furniture and wallpaper
The cat did not fight wallpaper, they must be treated with special glue, which should be applied after the finish.
It should be remembered that at the time of drying the adhesive on the wall, the cat should not be in the room. The advantage of wallpaper is that they plywood.
Stages of hard labor:
- Remove the damaged area from the walls.
- Dilute desired amount of liquid wallpaper.
- Apply the wallpaper on the wall portion.
Usually, after finishing the wallpaper are so damaged obi can be quickly restored if wean pet scratching is not possible.
Cat tears up wallpaper than decorate the walls
Combined way to finish will prevent deterioration of the wallpaper. Wallpaper while you can use any, but the protective material must be chosen so that the cat's claws do not damage it.
The combination of materials in the finishing of the walls - the best way to protect wallpaper from baleen friends
With the help of a designer can consider a combination of wallpaper and a protective material to cover the level of the wall, available for cats.
When making protection it is important to use only high quality and natural materials that do not harm human and animal health.
Materials for protective finishes:
- granite tiles;
- Decorative plaster;
Such materials - reliable protection from the claws. They are resistant and durable. If damaged panels can be its quick and inexpensive replacement.
How to wean cat to tear up the furniture and wallpaper, 4 ways (video)
To wean the cat to tear the wallpaper and furniture, you first need to understand why it is their tears and scratches. After that, you can begin to fight against the destructive habit. There are techniques that can redirect the attention of the cats to other objects. These include the use of kogtetochek. You can also call the cat persistent unpleasant associations with smells and sounds. If these methods do not work, then we need to do to protect the furniture and wallpaper special finish.