How to use the plane for plasterboard
When using the drywall as a building material should be applied a special plane, which makes it comfortable to work with krayamiGipsokarton famous for many qualities. Price, weight, and creative potential - all at a height, when the sample is taken drywall. However, this building material observed negative properties. The fact is that when cutting or sawing drywall edges are "torn" and extremely fragile. Working with such edges - it's a living hell. But experienced familiar tool that will smooth the matter: it is the planer! About how to choose the plane and how to use it, read on.
Why do many people use when repairing drywall
Currently, a rare repair takes place without the participation of the drywall. If you decide not to simply re-stick wallpaper and really change the internal structure of their homes, the drywall will be your best friend on the way to the realization of various projects!
Among the advantages of plasterboard it is worth noting the excellent performance and aesthetic qualities, as well as a small price
What can be done at home using a drywall:
- Walls. Cladding using GCR make a perfectly flat surface, and would pave communications, recessed lighting and insulating layers.
- Ceiling. Suspended ceiling made of plasterboard - it is a popular way to make a stylish and comfortable design. Under the false ceiling is also conveniently stow any functionally important objects.
- Floor. Gender of plasterboard - it is not only a smooth surface, but also the opportunity to use the technology "warm floor". Forget about the cold, creaking sounds from the bottom neighbors!
- Partition walls. To divide a large room into 2 or to arrange a dressing room or pantry is often used drywall. The walls of this material is not very strong. But beautiful and easy to install.
- Niches. To stylize the spot under a bed, a home cinema or kitchen, often use the niche of the GCR.
- Shelves. Design of profiles and drywall are used, and in order to create shelves in false walls.
- Arch. Craftsmen made of GCR not only direct and angular design, but also rounded form. Arch, smooth transitions from the ceiling to the walls and other delights are available to you from plasterboard.
- Decorating stairwells. If the stairwell is not protected, its use is dangerous. To inexpensively and correctly arrange the doorway to the stairwell in the house, use the drywall.
Plasterboard can not only create a beautiful smooth surface, but also install insulation if enclose a layer of insulating material over the sheet of drywall. Planer applies when it is necessary to stitch sheets of drywall joint to joint or create angulation. That is, nearly any case, when more than one sheet of material on one plane or substantially done piece of work to create a three-dimensional composition of the GCR, it is required flat edge sharpened to connect with each other or putty treatment.
Planer is required for almost all types of work with plasterboard.
Choosing a plane to GCR
After you cut the desired piece of GCR using a saw or knife, you still have unsightly rags in place of cut. To get rid of it and turn the edge of your plate to a flat surface, use the plane.
When working with a plane is recommended to put drywall on a flat surface
Planes come in 2 types:
- Grinding. This kind of planers is something like a grater with a handle. All roughing planes are roughly the same in structure. You will find differences in materials, sizes and designs. After working with it a plane the edge of your plate will be flat and smooth.
- Edge. Such a plane is needed, if you do not need to make a smooth edge, and corner for a joint with another sheet of drywall at 90 °. The device is a planer edge include knives for cutting plasterboard mounted laterally and angled. This makes it possible to create angular orientation GCR edge.
Chamfering at an angle, as well as the creation of perfect smooth edge - is hard work, which is great simplified if in the hands of the master enters the planer.
Without planing to make an angular chamfer or a smooth sheet of drywall edge is almost impossible.
What is the edge planer for plasterboard
Edge plane is designed for grinding chamfers at an angle of 45 °. it is practically impossible without this tool to achieve the desired result. Do not even try: while trying to process the edge of a sheet of drywall sandpaper at an angle you get a rough zhovannuyu surface, which in no way will satisfy your needs in a corner chamfer gypsum board.
There is a wide variety of edge planer for plasterboard, making it easy to choose a model that is appropriate for the price and functionality
Looks edge plane as follows:
- Blade trapezoid is made of steel. This essential element of the instrument. Watch out for its quality and serviceability of the choice of the planer. The blades on the planer change. Some models are able to change the angle with screws.
- Housing edge planer is also made of steel. This ensures a long tool life and ease of operation.
- The handles may be made of an arbitrary material. Choose what you think is the most convenient and suitable for the job.
Qualitative models edge planers can also come and work with wood.
Plane roughing plasterboard for a smooth edge
To the edge of your sheet of plasterboard was smooth, use a roughing plane! The use of this tool is it is not difficult and quite amusing.
When working with a plane roughing should adhere to safety rules
Roughing plane consists of the following components:
- The main working part of the tool - a kind of float construction. It is made of steel and is designed for soft grinding GCR edge.
- The housing may be made of plastic, steel or silumin. The material depends on the durability and of course price.
- The handles can be molded or separately attached to the body. Your experience and personal feeling will tell you which option is more appropriate.
Be careful when working with roughing a plane: a lot of slack movements better than a smaller amount with the pressure movement. The fact that the "peeling" is derived by deleting the drywall, not cutting. Therefore, the wrong move could damage the material.
How to choose a plane for plasterboard (video)
Plasterboard work presents many opportunities for a creative approach to the arrangement of their homes! And planes to help get the job done efficiently and easily. Use good models of foreign brands to be milked ideal results and acquire a tool that will last a long time and allow for constructive work on the creation of drywall constructions! You inspiration and successful experiments to be repaired.
Material processing a plane plasterboard (photo process)