How to patch up the hole in the plasterboard 4 advice
Holes in gispokartone are quite common, with the repair of which will be able to cope even novichokKogda something breaks, for example, during the repair - it is unexpected, it grieves and change plans. And it happens so often with plasterboard on the wall or on the ceiling. Plasterboard walls can not be called particularly strong, because the hole punch in such a construction is simple. This happens most often when moving furniture.
Two ways: how to seal the hole in the drywall
If there was a hole, it is possible to eliminate at least two ways in drywall construction. These methods can also be used on the ceiling and on the wall. Choose easier for you.
If a hole in the drywall is small, then it can be repaired using filler and serpyanku
How to eliminate the hole in the GCR:
- If the hole is small, it is necessary to use serpyanku, putty, and all this in several stages.
- If the hole is large, it is necessary to do a patch of drywall. The perimeter of the patch should be centimeters six more holes.
Of course, there are holes in the wall more often than on the ceiling. This fact should be taken into account at the stage of preparation for the installation of drywall constructions. It does not matter, because of which there was a hole in the drywall. masking technology will be still the same.
How and what to close up the hole in the drywall
To work you need and the materials and tools. From materials require screws, drywall sheet, wooden bars, and serpyanka putty. If the damage happened in the kitchen or in the bathroom, be sure to take a water-resistant drywall.
Tools will need the following:
- Metal ruler;
- Knife for cutting drywall;
- Putty knife;
- Power drill, having a nozzle for mixing solutions.
Before commencing repair work, you must first buy the materials and tools that may be needed in the process of
With such a list of materials and tools you will be easy to close up any hole.
Before operation will remove the cause of damage and cut the edge holes all hanging elements.
Make sure it's as "rags" on the edges of the holes do not give the opportunity to qualitatively close it, and after a while the hole will open again.
Preparing the mix to eliminate GCR hole
On the packaging with the mixture usually has instructions, do everything according to it. Pour the desired amount of water, stir the powder. It pours the powder into the water and not vice versa. If you do differently at the bottom of the container necessarily produces a lot of sediment.
Before receiving an electric stir spoonable solution.
Kneading the putty mixture should be properly to its consistency to obtain a homogeneous and lump-free
During the process, take care so that no lumps. Their appearance can affect both the work itself, and on the final result. To mass became homogeneous, it is necessary to leave a few times for a few minutes for the swelling. Then you can be exactly sure what to get the right material for the follow-up work.
The solution is ready, can work with it. If you already bought a diluted mixture, nothing else to do. But I have to use it all at once, as long-term storage it does not stand. So that the powder mixture is advantageous in the case of embedding holes.
Elimination of large and small holes in drywall
Yes, there is a difference between how to close up a small hole in the wall or ceiling, or to work with a big hole. Again, that the cause of the hole in the choice of a way to fix it in no way affected. We begin with a simple method.
If a small hole in drywall:
- On opening glued serpyanka;
- Next, a layer of putty is applied;
- After the first layer dried, this procedure is repeated several times, it is good to apply two or three layers;
- After the final coat has dried, the work surface should be given the smoothness and flatness, and already this requires sandpaper.
In order to seal a big hole in the drywall, you need to start making markings on the wall and prepare the putty mixture
If, however, a big hole, so you just do not "get off." We have to do a patch of the same type of drywall, which is broken.
The patch on the big hole:
- Using a ruler, measure the opening and not only a hole, but all damage around it;
- On the damaged wall, apply markup ruler and pencil markings apply, starting from the corners, and not from the middle;
- The edges of the holes are cut so as to obtain a rectangular shape;
- In the gypsum board apply a desired patch size;
- The patch 6 cm should be greater than the hole - cut the patch;
- On the rear of the patch to cut all the gypsum to remain on the face of the cardboard layer only;
- On the cover make a cut and trim only the front portion of the sheet to gypsum;
- Inside the hole fasten the two wooden beams, they are placed at a distance of 4-5 cm from the edge of the hole, attach them using the self-tapping screws;
- The gypsum mixture is applied to the hole and the edge of the patch.
Then just gently press the patch to the wall. And in order to mask it, the joints need to process self-adhesive tape applied over a layer of gypsum slurry patches, and all the bumps overwrite sandpaper. After drying the solution, proceed to final putty.
Methods: how to patch up a hole in the drywall (video)
And, of course, well done finishing putty - a plaster, paint, wallpaper, stucco. It is important to place a patch does not stand out, harmonious fit into the overall picture. Then the quality will disguise.