How to make a two-tiered ceiling with lighting
Trey ceilings with lighting - a perfect solution for creating a modern interior split-level ceilings are often used in the design of the spacious bedrooms and living rooms. This design looks nice, and is very durable. Build a two-level ceiling can be made of plasterboard or plastic panels. As it is customary to use lighting spotlights. A good alternative spotlights can become compact lamps and LED-strip.
Trey ceilings made of plastic with light: Doing their own hands
Panels made of PVC is often used in the design of ceilings. This material is durable and wear resistant. Additionally, plastic panels are not deformed by moisture or temperature changes.
Before you install the 2-level ceiling, you need to carefully prepare the surface. It should be mandatory to remove the remnants of putty, and other finishing materials. If there is a defect on the ceiling, it is desirable to apply primer to the base surface.
The most popular materials for creating a two-level ceiling include plastic and drywall
Mount Technology two-level ceilings made of plastic:
- Set around the perimeter of the ceiling UD and CD profiles.
- Next is lathing the second level. The frame is made in the same way, however, you need to use a special profile of several vertical inserts.
- Pull wiring and isolate it by the corrugations.
- Then obsheyte frame tier plastic panels. They are fastened together by a system of "thorn-groove". To fix the plastic panels is desirable to use self-tapping screws. Use parts made of stainless steel because they are more durable and long-lasting.
- Obsheyte frame tier similarly. If between the levels formed a small drop, then remove it using the plastic strip.
- The last panel, insert the line trim.
- After assembling the decorative molding is carried out (the plinth).
- After a two-level ceilings are assembled, install lighting.
Installation of the two-level ceiling of plasterboard with backlight
Collect a two-level design with their own hands can be of plasterboard. This material is more wear resistant and durable than plastic. However, drywall cost is slightly higher.
Before you begin, you need to pick the right material. If you plan to install a two-level ceiling of the hall, then fit the conventional sheets of the GVL. For kitchen better purchase water-resistant drywall.
When mounting the two-tiered ceiling with lighting is important to follow the correct sequence of actions
How to install a two-level ceiling:
- Apply to the ceiling layout.
- Pull wiring and insulate it.
- Attach to the surface of the guide profile and straight suspension.
- After you set the framework to strengthen the place of intersection of the vertical and horizontal parts of the structure with the help of "crab."
- Cut the gypsum board a chamfer.
- Cut sheet configuration desired.
- Fasten the first panel on the crate and secure it with screws.
- Similarly obsheyte entire frame.
- Install decorative molding.
- Then you can start finishing. It is best to put on drywall constructions ordinary putty.
- Next, it is necessary to attempt to install spotlights or chandeliers.
How to mount lighting for the two-level ceilings
If you install two-level ceilings in the hall, then as lighting is best to use a chandelier. It is advisable to use compact products. To set the chandelier, you must first mount bracket.
Mounting chandeliers performed in the following sequence:
- Screw to the two-level ceiling anchor-hook. Fix it with dowels.
- Glue heat resistance ring is made of plastic under the hook.
- Cut the leaf hole and route the wiring.
- Attach the hook chandelier.
- Connect the wiring to the lighting device using the terminal block.
- Check the operation of the structure.
Also, as a backlight can be used spotlights. They assembled easier than the chandelier. The spotlights can be built halogen energy-saving or LED bulbs.
At the equipment of two-level ceiling of the hall, it is desirable to use a chandelier in addition to the spotlights
- Drill holes in the canvas.
- Strip the tail, which comes complete with spotlights.
- Bend the springs spot, and insert the lamp into the hole.
- Remove the snap ring.
- Install the lamp and put termokoltso.
Can I use the LED strips to illuminate the two-level ceiling
If you do not like spot lights or chandeliers, you can use the LED backlight. It is best to use the one-color RGB-belt with built-in controller.
With the help of LED strip, you can make a "starry sky". This lighting will look good in your living room or bedroom. Craft "starry" sky easy - only enough to glue the individual elements of LED strip to the ceiling by means of special adhesive solution.
LED Strip Light - beautiful and modern solution for illuminating a two-level ceiling
Fitting LED backlight technology:
- Attach the ceiling moldings in such a way that there was a small gap between the molding and stretched canvas.
- Remove the adhesive base disposed on the back side of the LED strip.
- Glue the LED strip to the ceiling molding.
- cut the tape remnants.
- To connect several parts of the tape, use the connectors.
- Connect the lighting unit to the power supply. It should be done very carefully, because if not properly connected power unit can burn out.
Trey ceilings with lighting with their own hands (video)
Build a two-level ceiling of yourself is easy. For making better use of multilevel structures plasterboard sheets because they are more durable. If your budget is limited, then the best choice for you to become heat-resistant PVC panel. For multi-level lighting design is better to use spot lighting or backlighting.
The design of the two-level ceilings with lighting in the room (interior photo)