How to install drywall to the wall outlet: 6 important details
Before installing sockets in drywall need to read the manual installation of the electric furniturySegodnya Drywall - the most common material used in the repair of both residential and non-residential premises. Functional and decorative plaster designs of any complexity can be seen almost everywhere: multi-level ceilings, decorative decor, a variety of arches, piers, boxes, partitions, etc. Paneling or assembly of partitions - the most frequent use of the GCR, and the installation of sockets and switches are usually planned at an early stage, before the erection of the structure. But sometimes it happens that there is a need to install a ready outlet in the wall, often trimmed even. As de to be in this situation? Consider both alternatives in more detail.
Sockets in the wall of plasterboard
The advantages of plasterboard walls on the face: it is fire and environmental safety, and sound, as well as reasonable cost and speed of erection of structures. At the stage of the rough finish, as a rule, the wall mounted wiring. The principle of the installation of switches and sockets in the plasterboard wall is slightly different from the installation of the concrete. In drywall its own characteristics and it is important to consider before carrying out any work.
There are two ways of wiring devices:
- In step structure assembly;
- At the stage of the wall decoration.
All installation sockets in drywall are performed only when the power is off in the wires
Wires can be hidden inside the wall, using corrugated pipe, or to make the outer side walls in specially prepared Stroebe.
Keep in mind that if there is a wooden frame, the wiring must be carried out safely hidden under a corrugated pipe.
Preparing to install outlets in plasterboard
The plasterboard wall socket set will not be difficult even for a beginner, if you follow safety instructions and do everything right. However, every job requires some training. Before attempting to install the outlet, it is important to consider something.
- Choose a place rosette installation;
- Calculate the required amount Escutcheon, sockets, wiring, switches, security elements, etc .;
- Decide on the mounting means;
- Prepare tools and materials.
Enclosures for drywall than standard concrete that on the back of the Escutcheon have special foot-holder, without which it is practically impossible fixation
In addition Enclosures and sockets with switches, as well as the wires will need putty rapid solidification and ordinary putty mixture.
The tool, depending on the type of installation, may be required with an electric drill cutter (crown diameter 7 cm), a marker or pencil otbivochnogo thread cutter.
- Screwdriver or screwdriver;
- Builder's level and tape measure;
- Phillips head screwdriver.
Curly head on a screwdriver or a screwdriver is needed to mount the partition Escutcheon for wiring and installation sockets.
How to install the sockets in drywall: site selection
How correctly identify the location of a contact connection? When choosing a location for the outlet is important to based on where the appliances will be installed.
The outlet must be freely available and be easy to use
The height of the outlet can be any, but there are Euro standard:
- From the floor outlet is recommended to be mounted on a height of 30 cm;
- If the socket is mounted above the working area of the kitchen, its height according to European standard of 120 cm from the floor;
- When installing your washing machine or dishwasher outlet height of 1 m;
- Switches should be located at a height of 80 cm from the floor.
Everyone decides for itself whether or not to pay attention to the standards. For example, for a TV attached to the ceiling or a kitchen hood, near the floor outlet is definitely not the best option.
Two ways: how to put the socket into drywall
Once done counting, preparation of materials and tools all complete, you are ready for installation. Depending on the method of installation is different and the order of operations. If the wires are attached to the wall, we can only mount socket and plug. And if planned electrical device on the outer side partition in drywall cutting grooves is cut, the wire is laid and freezes rapidly curable composition (for example - plaster of paris).
When installing sockets in drywall properly configure margin wires - is considered the minimum margin of 10 cm, but it is better to leave more
The following installation steps are as follows:
- Cut a hole in the wall. To put on this crown for electric drill with the desired diameter and direct it to the central point intended for the seat outlet. Drywall must be drilled gently, pushing the appliance slowly, so as not to break the material. If the planned installation socket unit is several openings at the same distance from each other in the wall (72 mm between centers).
- Install the Escutcheon. If you pay attention to the body Escutcheon, can be found the 4 screws, 2 of which are needed to fix the socket itself, and 2 - to adjust the feet-holder. First, from the hole and thread the wires through them podrozetnik. Next install Escutcheon in drywall, fixing it to the reverse side of the presser foot by means of bolts.
- Apply a layer of putty. As a rule, after the installation Escutcheon and test the performance of the system, there comes a stage finish of hearts and only after drying the starting and finishing putty layer is made further installation sockets.
- Connect the outlet to the power supply. Before connecting, make sure that the line is de-energized (voltage across the bare wires can be checked by a simple indicator). Earthing, zero phase and connect to the appropriate terminals on the socket body and firmly tighten veins to eventually contacts are not weakened and began to melt the plastic housing.
- Install outlet in podrozetnik. The socket installed in podrozetnik and fastened therein respective screws. Loan install plastic frame and the decorative cover.
When plating the walls of plasterboard with the subsequent installation of outlets, boxes and switches, note that the distance from the rough surface to gypsum should not be less than 4.5 cm, or podrozetnik just do not fit.
Step by step installation in plasterboard wall outlet (video)
Installation outlet in plasterboard is not possible without Escutcheon mounting. If the gap between the GCR and the rough wall is too small to install the required punch.