How to glue vinyl wallpaper: features and recommendations
Vinyl wallpaper on the structure different from ordinary paper: they are heavier and plotneeOtdelka walls with vinyl wallpaper is quite popular today. This type of wallpaper is made from a dense material that has elasticity and flexibility. To pokleit wallpaper vinyl correctly and accurately, before the repair you need to get acquainted with the method of gluing and regulations. When gluing it is important to use the right kind of glue, and know the way to its proper preparation. How to glue vinyl wallpaper, can be found in this article.
Recommendations for wallpapering
If repairs are carried out on their own, before the actual need wallpaper decoration thoroughly acquainted with the instructions and recommendations in preparation of the walls, wallpaper, adhesive preparation, methods of gluing strips.
To work successfully you need to prepare all the necessary tools that make it much easier repair. Each type of work involves the use of a specific set of tools.
When dealing with vinyl wallpaper is important not to rely on in case there is a question, then it should be allowed. If any action is performed incorrectly, there is a possibility of wallpaper peeling off the walls the next day.
Vinyl wallpaper glue should be only on the prepared surface. It should be dry, clean and smooth
Recommendations for gluing:
- Repair is desirable to do with a person who has experience of gluing vinyl paintings.
- To check whether the wall is dry, it is necessary to stick a piece of polyethylene, leave it overnight. If the morning it formed evaporation - wall-to-glueing is not ready yet.
- You should check the strength of the walls. For this purpose, an ordinary adhesive tape, which is pasted on the wall and sharply tear.
- When wallpapering it is important that the room is not ventilated. Window and door openings should be tightly closed.
- For high-quality repair is important to wallpaper glue on a clean surface, freed from old wallpaper layer.
Make a quality repair is possible, the main thing - to strictly follow the instructions and recommendations of professionals.
Preparing walls and wallpaper for glueing
Preparation of surfaces for gluing - important stage of finishing. The quality of its implementation depends on securing the strength of wallpaper and service life.
If, during the dismantling of the old pavement crumbled plaster walls must be leveled with putty
Gradual preparation of the walls:
- Remove the old finish.
- Dissolve the dry mixture for wallpapering.
- Run primer walls adhesive or a special primer.
- Handle wall structure that will protect it from mold and fungi.
- No need to be guided on the corner, if it is uneven. Before mounting a flat, you need to spend a vertical line with a plumb.
Following the safety measures to remove from the walls of switches and sockets. Once the surface is ready for gluing, you can proceed to the preparation of upholstery fabrics.
In preparing the canvases is important to pay attention to the wallpaper with patterns and designs. They must be the same size, so that when gluing pattern exactly matched
Preparation of wallpaper:
- Cut the wallpaper strips, leave allowance is 10 cm long.
- Fold the cut pieces of wallpaper in the face-down pile. Each stack should be no more than ten pages. Shift each band should be of 15 cm.
Stacks of wallpaper can be stacked directly on the floor, it should be to make sure that the floor is clean and dry. When the stack ready, all carefully Pomer, you can begin to prepare and apply glue.
Glue for vinyl wallpaper: how to make the right choice
The choice of adhesive for vinyl wallpaper - an important stage in finishing work. From the quality it depends largely on the strength of attachment to the vinyl walls.
Vinyl wallpaper has high strength and a lot of weight. Simple adhesive can not withstand their loads. Available presents various adhesives designed specifically for gluing webs of vinyl.
The glue should be chosen with extreme thoroughness. There is a special part for each type of vinyl.
Popular glue for wallpaper and methyl Kelid
Features adhesive selection:
- No need to choose the glue on the speed of its drying.
- It is important to choose the glue with a high level of slip, to a greater extent this applies to paintings on a paper basis.
- For non-woven backing should be the appropriate type of glue.
Before mounting your dry glue should be diluted with warm water, following instructions from the manufacturer. Mass necessary to mix thoroughly, let stand.
Is it possible to glue vinyl wallpaper vinyl wallpaper
There are times when the issue requires immediate repair permissions. Then there is the issue that worries many - Is it possible to glue wallpaper to the wallpaper.
When it comes to vinyl wallpaper, can categorically state that the new vinyl wallpaper glue on the old can not be
The whole point of the material from which the wallpaper. They consist of a PVC layer that is applied to paper or nonwoven.
Why can not stick vinyl on vinyl:
- Vinyl wallpaper repel adhesive. These wallpapers are known for their resistance to moisture. So no matter what kind of adhesive is used for gluing. Clay just did not sustain heavy wallpaper, glued on the same basis.
- There is a chance that does not fall off one layer of wallpaper, but two. Fabrics simply will not withstand excessive severity.
- Even if the wallpaper is glued on for some time, their view is not aesthetic. Older paintings will show through, to spoil all kind of new wallpaper.
If the time for finishing the walls are sorely lacking, there are several ways to quickly resolve the issue. Vinyl can just paint, using special paint. And it is possible to remove the top layer webs.
Can I vinyl wallpaper glue on old wallpaper
When it comes to quick repairs, many are thinking about how to skip the preparatory stage of work.
For high-quality and long service life, wallpaper glue should only dry, clean and level surface
Professionals advise in any case not to save time and effort in the preparation of the wall to the gluing of upholstery fabrics.
When the vinyl can be glued on the old wallpaper:
- If the old paint is fully paper.
- It is important that the wallpaper was firmly glued to the wall.
- Old wallpaper should be smooth, without reliefs and drawings, it is desirable to light shades.
When glueing the new wallpaper on it is still important to take into account that the appearance of the new coating is not ideal. The quality deteriorates fixing wallpaper that affect their life.
As the vinyl wallpaper glue right
Stick vinyl wallpaper is not difficult when working in pairs. It has a little more complicated, if the work is performed alone.
To pokleit wallpaper correctly and easily, it is necessary to equip the working surface. You need to make space for the upholstery fabrics on the floor, wash and dry it
Only then can you go to the milestone. All stages of the gluing is necessary to carry out carefully so as not to have to spend time correcting errors.
- Spread a piece of wallpaper on the floor. If the substrate is paper, it smeared glue on the back side. If flizeline - adhesive is applied to the wall.
- Wallpaper paste the wall is necessary with a cloth or cushion. Movement should be neat and smooth.
- When the bubble is important to immediately get rid of them.
To smooth the wallpaper you need from the center to the edge, from top to bottom
When you work with sockets and switches it is important to be careful. It is best to make measurements and cuts before gluing wallpaper on the walls, adhering to safety precautions.
Wallpapering vinyl: especially with vinyl
Pasting of walls of non-woven cloth has nuances. This is due to the density of the material from which they are made. This thickness when glueing can deliver a lot of trouble. Therefore it is necessary to know some features of vinyl, which will help to avoid difficulties.
After drying, the joints between the webs may differ. This should be taken into account when sizing the joints
Because of its density, the wallpaper have a high coefficient of linear extension. This means that when gluing the wallpaper can be uncomfortable to its expansion and contraction.
Features vinyl wallpaper:
- Vinyl can be glued on the concrete walls.
- For qualitative gluing surfaces should be dry, smooth and clean.
- Wallpapers do not like sudden change of temperature and humidity in the room.
When surface preparation it is necessary primed wall, otherwise stains and color changes can tread on the new wallpaper. Especially it threatens wallpaper light shades.
Vinyl stickers wallpaper
Vinyl stickers are used as wallpaper option wall decor. Recently, they have earned wide popularity.
Stickers can carry not only an aesthetic burden, but also to hide defects on the surface of the walls. They can be of different types
Prices and quality vary depending on the manufacturer, which produces vinyl stickers.
- The surface should be smooth, clean and dry.
- The wall must be prepared to make a mark at the point of attachment labels.
- Necessary to attach a sticker from the center to the edge, from the bottom up slowly pulling and smoothing film.
Vinyl stickers look beautiful on the painted walls, and, if they pasted paper, vinyl or fiberglass. They can be pasted repeatedly, if carefully carry out the removal of the previous surface.
Sticky vinyl wallpaper with your own hands (video)
Bonding vinyl cloths - good option wall design. For their quality of gluing, which will have a beautiful appearance and durability, it is necessary to know the features of the composition. It is important to pay attention to the preparatory work. They must be implemented efficiently. It is necessary to seriously consider the choice-adhesive vinyl, from its quality will depend on the long-term adhesion of wallpaper to the wall. When choosing wallpaper is necessary to become familiar with the variety of types of vinyl and its range of application.