Stretch ceilings are different from each other not only in color but in texture, style and other parametramNatyazhnye ceilings have many varieties. They are distinguished by the material, color, texture, style, method of installation, etc. It is for this reason that the ceilings are so popular.; different types of blades meet different needs. Also the biggest advantage is the ability to stretch ceiling be artistic composition with light fittings. What ceilings choose and what are the advantages of its different types, read on.
Which is better: the suspended ceiling or painting
Before you decide to install the suspended ceiling, it is necessary to think, instead of whether it would be better to just paint the ceiling? If you have any confusion about this, then pay attention to the quality of your ceiling.
So when and why it is easier to paint the ceiling than to stretch the canvas:
- The main condition for when to choose the painting is smooth ceiling. If the ceiling is not large differences in level, preparation for painting and painting itself will cost you less of a stretch ceiling.
- The argument in favor of the painting is the natural appearance of the ceiling. This room is more rustic and simple.
- Painted ceiling is a natural regulator of humidity, which can not be said about the stretch ceiling.
- Repair work on alignment and painting the ceiling you can not even have their own considerable experience. To set the blade to the ceiling requires special equipment and special skills.
- Paint and plaster are considered more environmentally friendly than PVC film.
- If your goal - white smooth ceiling without any design elements, the plaster may well meet your needs.
If your ceiling has large irregularities, if the distance between the plates is large enough, a complete alignment of the ceiling becomes an impossible task. In this case, it is recommended to opt for the web.
Choosing between the door and the plaster should be based on how you smooth ceiling
What ceilings choose better
To understand what the ceilings better, you first need to determine what are the ceiling and what are your requirements for your ceiling.
Answer the following questions to find out what the ceiling will suit you:
- In what room you are going to install the ceiling?
- Whether you want to make an aesthetic emphasis on the ceiling?
- Are you prepared to spend the necessary amount of money to the ceiling was perfect?
- Are you going to paint the ceiling or to print on canvas?
These are the main questions, the answers to which will determine the choice of the ceiling. With regard to the recommendation of the premises will be as follows. In areas with possible humidity set extremely PVC film. Fabric painting can not withstand moisture, absorb odors and easily collect dirt.
For wet areas best suited PVC film, but the painting and printing is possible only on the canvas fabric
If you want the ceiling was very bright and beautiful, the film is easier to satisfy this request, than the fabric. The film has a beautiful shine, certain types of PVC fabrics is almost a mirror surface. Combine different colors textures, levels, it is easier to film ceiling.
Of course, you should think about the financial side. Complexity in the design of the ceiling with different levels and installation of lighting fixtures costing a pretty penny.
Printing and painting is possible only on the fabric paintings. So, if the ceiling you want to change the color of the ceiling, driving under the shade of the changes in the design of the room, or are planning to do print pattern selected, you will only fit the fabric.
Good stretch ceiling: the choice of material
As you know, all the ceilings are made either of fabric or PVC-cloth. There is a great difference between them, and each material has its own advantages.
PVC ceiling film are very popular, but in some cases it is better to replace the web of fabric
Consider, what are the main differences exist between the materials:
- PVC ceiling can withstand any moisture and does not absorb odors, the fabric in this respect can not boast of its stability. excellent film ceiling is suitable for the kitchen and the bathroom. PVC even holds water in case of flooding areas.
- Fabric can easily survive any temperature can not be said about the film. So if your room can be affected by temperature changes, feel free to choose the fabric.
- The fabric can be dyed. If you like to implement your own design ideas to life, we advise to stop the choice on woven ceilings. Their surface can withstand up to 10 layers of paint!
- PVC fabrics have an incredible amount of shades and textures. If you have decided to trust the opinion of experts in the field of design, then implement the boldest ideas in life will help the film coating.
- Woven fabric can not be removed without removing the fasteners. This can be a problem if you need to replace the canvas (in the case of deformation or contamination of non-printing). PVC film is easy to change to another.
- The film is easily damaged, and the fabric is easier and more difficult to clean the mess.
The choice of material depends entirely on the order of features. Refer to the experts, and they will prompt what works best for you.
Tension ceilings: how to choose quality materials
The main thing to know is that the qualitative ceiling, as well as its installation, is unlikely to cost less than the average market value. But the high cost is not a guarantee of a good result.
On materials for ceilings, it is better not to save - alteration will cost more
Not to give up on the ceiling, be as vigilant choose should be carefully and meticulously:
- Find out with some producers running the firm. European brands have a guarantee of 15 years, and the Chinese and Russian - to 5 years. These figures show as themselves. On such things it is better not to save, since the replacement of the ceiling will cost more later.
- Check out all the necessary documents proving the timely certification of the company for installing ceilings. It is better to refer to the place where the work experience more, and reviews about the company - better.
- Do not hesitate to ask for the company's portfolio. Ask what the team worked on the favorite model of ceilings.
- Make sure that all materials comply with the promised standards. PVC material must not contain phenolic components in the composition. Phenol is a health hazard. Frames must be strong and light. The best material - it's aluminum.
It may also be useful to look at the design of the company premises. Logically, if there are set pretty high-quality ceiling.
What mounting for suspended ceilings better
About mounting tension ceilings should be also concerned in advance. If something goes wrong, then most likely have to change the entire ceiling, so you should know what the mount will provide maximum reliability.
Choosing a suspended ceiling, ask what type of mount is used for mounting
Now there are the following methods of attachment for suspended ceilings:
- With the help of a harpoon. It is a system for installing PVC ceilings. Such a method is considered to be quite reliable, it is performed in most cases by professionals.
- Clip-on type of fasteners used to the tissue webs. This method is also considered to be quite reliable, it does not require the installation of a plinth.
- With the help of glazing beads set Russian vinyl ceiling. This system is considered to be not very reliable, but it has a low cost, that impresses some consumers. Be careful with this method of fixing as soon as possible deformation during operation. Correctly will first see an instructional video.
If you want to make a long-lasting high-quality construction, it does not skimp on the installation: choose the best for your type of ceiling.
What better ceilings: ceilings: reviews
Relying on their own requirements and capabilities, as well as the advice of friends, yet can be difficult to make a definite choice in favor of one or another type of ceiling.
Directly by the claims stretch ceilings is not enough - the main complaints are due to poor quality of the installation of
About the different types of suspended ceilings write the following:
- "We are very pleased with the installation of vinyl ceiling in the bath. In addition, they have a very attractive appearance, but once they were asleep us from flooding! Workers removed the water, and everything fell into place. "
- "My husband insisted that it is necessary to align the ceiling, but I offered to pull. My opinion: left no worse! The ceiling is perfectly smooth, delicate matte color, uniform. "
- "I have always done the repairs yourself, but attracted the announcement of discounts on ceilings. I decided to try to establish the corridor: before there was an old rack ceiling. Working for the day made a very beautiful quality ceiling. "
Watch for a review on the company's website, which has decided to order the ceiling. If possible, make the ceiling where ordered your friends or relatives.
How to choose a suspended ceiling (video)
To choose the suspended ceiling, still lean on their preferences. Think about everything in advance, draw a plan for the future of the ceiling with a specialist. Do not forget about lighting and other details. Also remember that the ceiling - it's not the most conspicuous part of the premises. The main thing that the ceiling was practical and did not spoil the overall impression of the interior of the room.