How to calculate the stretch ceiling
Stretch ceiling gives the perfectly flat surface and hides all the flaws potolkaNatyazhnye ceilings have proliferated in recent years. This finish is very practical and can last a very long time. Many people prefer to install the suspended ceiling alone. In this case it is necessary to make a preliminary calculation of the construction. Competent calculation will help you to buy enough materials.
Tension ceilings: a preliminary measurement design
In order to produce an accurate measurement of the design, you need to take into account the configuration of the premises. If the room is rectangular or square, to make it much easier.
Measurement of rectangular or square room in the following order:
- First you need to draw a sketch of the room. It helps you easily navigate.
- Then remove the dimensions of each wall. To do this, use a tape measure construction.
- Next you need to measure the diagonal of the room.
If the room has a rectangular configuration, you need to be sure to measure each wall. It often happens that the opposite walls are asymmetrical.
To measure tension ceiling design required to draw a sketch of the room and take measurements around the perimeter
If the room has a complicated configuration, it is necessary to make measurements in this algorithm:
- First, draw a sketch of the ceiling.
- After that, measure each straight section of the wall.
- Conditionally divide the room into several triangles. Then, measure the diagonal each. Do not forget to calculate all the angles.
The dimensions and other parameters of suspended ceilings
Canvas for suspended ceilings are distinguished not only by its texture, but also the size. When choosing materials it is necessary to pay attention to other performance fabric.
Typically, finishing the ceiling using a film sheet. The width of such a web is 130- 275 centimeters. Blade thickness may range from 0.15 to 0.2 millimeters.
When choosing a film web it is necessary to pay attention to such parameter as the tensile strength. In order that the web will serve you for a long time, it must withstand a longitudinal load of 12-13 Newton per millimeter squared.
Stretch ceilings are in the form of the film sheet and the fabric. They differ in size, web thickness and tensile strength
Features tissue stretch ceiling:
- The width of the cloth. Typically, fabric panel has a standard size, namely 3100 mm or 5100 mm. There are models in which the blade width is 4100 mm.
- Tensioner fabric withstands temperatures down to -35 to +40 degrees.
- blade length can vary.
How to measure a curved suspended ceiling
Perform a metering operation for complex curved ceiling is much more difficult. However, it can be done yourself, provided strictly following the instructions below. Figured ceilings be calculated similarly.
Measurements curved suspended ceilings are made with the help of the proposed ceiling sketch
Instructions for measurement of the curved ceiling:
- First you need to draw a detailed sketch of the room.
- Then determine the size of all the straight walls. Do not forget to calculate the diagonal.
- On the sketch to mark the ceiling grid. Step select yourself.
- Note in Figure checkpoints.
- By means of the control points recreate the exact layout of the ceiling, and calculate the amount of materials needed. If you do everything right, you'll get precise measurements.
To speed up the metering works use a laser level. Also, do not be afraid of small errors. The features, PVC fabric stretched easily, so a gap of 2-3 cm is not critical.
How to calculate the suspended ceiling: step by step guide
Before you order the necessary materials for the installation of stretch ceiling, you need to calculate the ceiling area. Technology calculation is quite simple. If the room has a rectangular configuration, you need to measure its width and length. Next, the obtained values to be multiplied.
If there are different niches and ledges, calculation technology will be slightly different in your room. First you need to draw a sketch of the room, then measure all the parameters of the room and break the sketch into triangles and rectangles. Next you need to calculate the area of all the figures and put the obtained values.
To calculate the area of a stretch ceiling in a rectangular room needed width multiplied by the length of the room
Calculation room with tiered ceiling is somewhat more complicated. Experts advise to first calculate the area. The resulting value will allow you to pick up the necessary amount of material to work with.
tiered ceiling calculation is made in the following sequence:
- Remove the dimensions of the walls.
- Next, calculate the floor area. If he is right, then you just need to multiply the length by the width.
- Measure using construction tape measure the height and length of the vertical sections of the ceiling.
- Multiply the height and length of the ceiling.
- Fold the floor area and the area of the vertical sections.
The minimum amount of space for suspended ceilings
If your apartment has low ceilings, but you want to install a stretched canvas, then you should know the minimum amount of space design. Some fabrics can be installed at a distance of 3 cm from the main ceiling.
In the event that you set a minimum amount of space, use a wedge or shtapikovuyu installation technology. You can still use the harpoon technology, but in this case, the indentation size is 5-6 centimeters.
The minimum allowable size of the indentation for the stretch ceiling is one centimeter
Minimum indentation can be achieved by a suspended ceiling made of cloth. In this case, the indentation size is only 1 centimeter. However, we must note that during installation of the tissue web with minimal clearance will not be able to carry out communication in the ceiling void.
What is the maximum size for suspended ceilings
The maximum size of a stretch ceiling along the length has no limitations. However, the width of the cloth will depend on the country of manufacture of the product. For example, webs made in France, have a standard width of 2.1 meters. Ceilings made German companies, has a greater width, namely 3 meters.
If you are looking for the broadest possible canvas, look for fabrics made in China. Their width is 5 meters.
The maximum width of the cloth of a tension ceiling is 5 meters
Fabric ceilings are of large size, because they are easier to design. The standard width of the fabric cloth - 5 meters. There are models in which size even more.
Mounting tension ceilings (video)
Produce design work for the stretch fabric is very simple. You only need to draw a sketch and measure the dimensions of the room. If you do it right, you will get the exact area of the room and will be able to acquire sufficient materials for the installation. When you select a fabric pay attention to its size. If you have a low ceiling, choose a fabric cloth. They will make the minimum clearance between the structure and the main ceiling.