How the plaster ceiling – types, technology, materials
Plastering - a budget option finishing the ceiling, does not require the purchase of expensive materials and special oborudovaniyaS expenditure standpoint plastered ceiling will quite inexpensive, this method is less expensive. Of course, getting a mixture of ceiling repair will cost you much cheaper than installing an overhead or a tension structure.
The technology Ceiling plaster: Are there any drawbacks
Plaster is perfect in terms of environmental friendliness material. It will not diminish, and height of the room, and in fact part of the decor "eats" space.
Variations in surface level plastering should not exceed 5 cm. Otherwise the need to select a different type of cladding
But there is a stucco ceiling and disadvantages:
- If plaster ceiling with his hands, the repair cost will be very low, but if you contact the professionals, the amount will increase dramatically.
- Differences of the ceiling, which can hide the plaster, limited mark 5 cm. It is not only in the consumption of cement or plaster mixture, make the layer is no longer possible, and because the plaster is not just showered in such cases, but breaks off and may cause injury, weaning very dangerous.
- Plastering still requires certain skills, so this finish can be not equal to many newcomers.
But if you decide to plaster yourself, watch the choice of mixtures. You can plaster Rotband or more budget mixture, but quality. Depending on the purpose can be used clay, gypsum, cement plaster.
Decorative plaster for the ceiling: types of mixtures
From traditional decorative plaster different granular structure, in which the wood-based or pebbles. It may be another structure-forming material.
Decorative plaster is different from the usual presence of nucleating material, imparting the surface pattern
Different decorative plaster on the following characteristics:
- By type of filler;
- The class of binder;
- In scope;
- On the basis (this can be the solvents and water).
How to choose decorative plaster, it depends on the overall style of the room, especially the interior and your expectations. If simple processing need plain white plaster, then for decorative - especially creating a design space.
types of plaster
Due to the presence in the composition of natural silk fibers plaster imparts characteristic luster surface
- Impressive. In the role of fillers may be wood fibers, small stones, mineral aggregates, mica, etc.
- Venice. It is a combination of classical plaster with modern technology, which creates an elegant interior.
- Structure. Surface Finish with such compositions are prepared by uniformly, it looks like tree bark. Such structural plaster is sometimes called the bark beetle just so.
- Gypsum. Such plastered surfaces are clean, gypsum - plastic material, characterized good leveling properties.
- Silk. As part of its silk fiber, and pure cellulose and fine additives.
- Facade. This refers to the outer stucco work, but if you choose a variety with a small baby, she suitable for the ceiling.
By the way, very quickly transform the ceiling "plaster" is possible with the help of a tension structure such false-plaster-like Venetian.
For facades used rustication plaster. This stones of different shapes streaked joints, seams and called Rust.
Decorative plaster on the ceiling: how to work with it
Before opening and diluted mixture, understand simple theoretical lessons, so you will better understand how the ceiling plastered on all the rules.
Plaster, ready for use, should have the consistency of thick cream
Stages of work with plaster:
- Preparation tools and materials. Usually work with dry mixes that are diluted just before use. Still need a spatula shaped cushion, ladder and tanks.
- You need to protect yourself and the room. Put working clothes, protective goggles. Cover the floor with a cloth diaper and unnecessary or just newspapers.
- Removal of the old coating. Removed old plaster or lime, lime is removed through mandatory. If the old plaster layer is damaged, it is also necessary to remove. Thereafter, the surface is leveled and to it is applied primer.
- Next you need to take solution. The powder is diluted according to instructions, the composition should resemble thick cream. If you have purchased a ready solution in a bucket, this step is skipped.
- Then, the plaster can be applied. Dial a little mortar and trowel, crisscross brush, apply it to the surface. With the solutions you need to work quickly, because the composition very quickly hardens. Begin to work with angles and then plastered along the walls, the second row goes in the opposite direction.
- The final (finish) machining. Day plaster must be dried, followed by a manual or mechanized painting or covering with glaze.
If as a result of you waiting for the most smooth surfaces, plastered ceiling is necessary to mix with small specks. If you want a picture, the materials should be with large granules.
If you want to see on the ceiling of the transverse grooves, choose mixture with oval specks. Well, round particles in the mixture will effect a homogeneous rough surface.
Decorates a ceiling moldings often, in some cases - a partial installation of decorative brick fragments.
Plaster ceiling grid: how is
Plaster mesh - a reinforcing material, so applying its maximum plaster layer can reach 30 mm or more. Up to 30 mm, you can still think whether to take the net, but after a 30 mm laying grid should be as a rule.
Net necessarily laid in new buildings, which are still shrink.
Advantages of reinforcing mesh:
- It significantly strengthens the plaster layer;
- Increases the life of the ceiling;
- Makes a convenient operation with the application of thick layers;
- Installation of the grid (and dismantling) is very simple.
In the subsequent repair of the grid, too, will make the job faster.
To work on the plastering of the ceiling using several kinds of special nets
The grid can be glass cloth, metal, shingles and wire.
grid technology installation on the ceiling in the room
- Preparation of the material - the mesh should be wiped with a damp cloth, before installing and perform other necessary procedures, such as cutting the mesh metal scissors.
- Next the mesh can be fixed to the surface. Installation of wooden shingles is very simple - nailed to the tops of cells. Metal or glass cloth mesh need to strengthen the dowel-nails.
- Next, the grid is laid a plaster mixture in one or two layers.
- The mesh is pressed into the plaster. First, the ceiling applied to the mixture, then it is necessary to flatten a bit, and put the grid so that there is not a partial installation, and covered the entire surface of it. Neighboring webs placed 10 cm overlap.
Left smoothed plaster mixture - from the middle of the grid area, move the rule is necessary to first in one direction and then the other.
Installation of the grid on the ceiling (video)
Is the plaster putty from
Sometimes confused materials such as plaster and putty. But this, of course, different technologies. Plaster eliminates the differences in elevation, levels the surface and ready to use putty.
Filler for concrete line the ceiling, and this layer rests on the surface of the plastered ceiling. Shpaklyuyut ceiling of very fine mixtures, which is composed of building plaster. The thickness of the last layer is not more than 3 mm.
Plasterer ceiling and walls in the bathroom
For example, a mixture of plaster, you can not use in the bathroom, as this material is very hygroscopic. Mixture based on cement will be good for concrete ceiling in the bathroom.
For lining floors in the bathroom choose the plaster with the addition of plasticizers and antiseptics
In this case, as the choice of plaster to give preference to a bath composition, which has a special plasticizers, which reduce the risk of such unpleasant consequences as a crack in the plaster.
Sanitizing plaster ceiling and walls to protect against the ingress of salts from the mold, the stains efflorescence.
ceiling plaster for painting
When all the work is done, you have time and to remove the old paint and apply the plaster and putty and primed the ceiling remains an important stage - coloring.
Paint the ceiling can be a polyvinyl acetate latex paint. The latter are emulsions which are of the type "oil in water".
Deposition of the plaster before painting should begin with removing the old ceiling coverings
- Polyvinyl acetate emulsion;
- Color pigments;
In painting a monolithic coating is no big deal, especially if you have ever previously this desire.
Before any independent work check out the SNP, which shows all of the requirements for interior decoration, including the thickness of the layer of plaster.
Decorative plaster on the ceiling with his hands (video)
How to work - by yourself or with the help of professionals, depending on your strength and abilities. You can work as of old, used and improved mechanical plastering. Get high-quality materials, observe the correct sequence.