Harmful if the suspended ceiling for health
Find reliable information about the safety of suspended ceilings can be difficult: the information on the websites of manufacturers, as a rule, is advertising Benefits and harms of suspended ceilings discussed in various sources. Arguments for and against the tension structures, however, not all opinions should be considered truthful. For the benefit of someone can lie about the dangers or, conversely, to report safety. So it makes sense to make out detail, what are the pros and cons are of different materials for roof coatings and their properties can affect our health.
Choosing ceilings: the pros and cons of health
The benefits and harms of different ceiling covers a lot of rumors. However, not many of them have a significant confirmation in the medical environment. About stretch ceilings professionals say, as one of the safest ways to arrange the ceiling.
What are the ins and outs of different ceilings in contrast to other coatings:
- With regard to the health of consumers distinguish dense tissue ceilings. Their advantage is that they leak air. However, it should be noted that this advantage is only visible in a private house with a wooden ceiling. If your ceiling is made of concrete, no material will not save the situation for the ceiling.
- Also among the advantages it is worth noting the exceptional cleanliness during installation: dust from the ceiling shkureniya not clog your lungs.
- Also a plus ceiling of PVC film is the fact that on the surface of the film is not divorced fungi and bacteria! It is an indispensable feature for rooms with high humidity.
- Certified PVC ceiling completely harmless. The only thing to be sure - it's in the documents confirming the quality of the material.
- The downside of a stretch ceiling PVC film can become a health hazard if you fell into the hands of the company. Which sells low-quality paintings. Typically, these companies do not have the relevant certificates, and unpleasant smell from their ceilings held over 2 days.
- The downside of the ceiling of the film, some consider them to be environmentally unfriendly. But in fact this material is used for the manufacture of virtually any plastic products. In addition, PVC can be easily replaced completely eco-friendly fabric ceiling.
Quality PVC fabrics are safe for health, which is not the uncertified ceilings
If you see suspicious advantageous price offer on the suspended ceiling, do not rush to make a purchase: probably before you are dishonest dealers who want to sell low-quality and dangerous to the health of the material. Check certificates and get testimonials of people who have already benefited from the services of the organization.
The harmful ceilings
Focusing on the possible dangers of ceiling coverings, it is necessary to understand that quality, documented provided the goods can not be bad for you. By the official trade organization are not permitted, whose products may threaten the lives and health of its consumers.
The problem is, because of which some people claim that the ceilings may be dangerous, are in some PVC components. However committed to selling web comprise the chemical elements in very small amounts. Only non-certified materials can be dangerous.
Choosing chandelier, it will be appreciated that an incandescent lamp should not be located close to the PVC-ceiling, otherwise, due to heating, there is a danger of harmful substances
What are the potential risks exist for the installation of the ceiling:
- Phenolic evaporation. Phenol - harmful to the body substance that is found in PVC. However, phenol not dangerous if your ceiling is high quality. The chemical composition of the material is not volatile phenol element. It can only evaporate at high temperature, which is necessary for mounting. This explains the smell of the film, which is kept in the air for several hours.
- Fabric ceilings are known for their safety and environmental performance, however, and this type of coverage to have learned to substitute hazardous materials resembling cloth ceilings. Such material has impregnation, consisting of a chemically hazardous substances.
- Ceilings of even the highest quality of raw materials is not recommended to heat: baths, saunas, hot tube, hot lamps with incandescent - all of this should be kept away from the PVC-film. That high temperatures contribute to melting the material, as well as the spread of harmful vapors.
Stretch ceilings are modern: reviews of doctors
Because people are puzzled by security issues when pulling the ceiling, doctors gladly considered all possible options to best protect yourself and your family against the negative impact of materials for suspended ceilings. According to the doctors, the ceilings in the long run do not affect consumers.
However, practicing professionals give some guidance for the full assurance of safety:
- Choose a proven well-known company and European materials have passed all the necessary tests and certification.
- Do not go to the room, do not let the children in the room after the installation of PVC film. Give evaporation resulting from heating, completely erode the room.
- Avoid excessive heat during operation. Fire, hot, and hot objects can not be kept close to the ceiling. The material will melt and release substances that have a bad influence on the human body.
After installing the PVC film is not desirable in a room to complete the weathering vapors from the heated web
If the potential harmfulness of PVC excites you too much, install high-quality fabric ceilings. This material is considered completely harmless, odorless, breathable and emits no harmful substances at high temperatures and fires.
Suspended ceiling: environmentally friendly materials
The question of the sustainability of suspended ceilings discussed so far. Some say that the quality is not inferior to the ceiling even in the most natural materials in their properties, while others argue that the PVC, as well as the specialized tissue - it is extremely environmentally unfriendly materials.
How arguments about sustainability suspended ceilings can be considered worthy:
- PVC - a material suitable for the manufacture of children's toys, water pipes, utensils and other items that are directly related to our body. These types of materials have been repeated tests, therefore they appear to be absolutely safe environmentally friendly materials.
- The fabric impregnated with polyurethane, is a hot material for garments. This invoice is harmless and environmentally friendly.
- The downside with respect to sustainability ceiling is the poor quality of some manufacturers. If the material does not meet the international standards, it easily can be dangerous and not very environmentally friendly. Be careful and check documents.
PVC film - absolutely safe and environmentally friendly material, however, is not superfluous to ask the artist certificates
It is also important to check the certificate fire safety material.
How to choose an environmentally friendly stretch ceiling
In fact any quality suspended ceiling is environmentally friendly. All possible materials from which can be manufactured suspended ceiling, have quality standards.
Documents confirming compliance of quality standards, ensure environmental cleanliness of your ceiling.
Fabric ceilings are completely safe and environmentally friendly alternative to PVC film
Materials appropriate standards have the following properties:
- PVC film does not emit any substances in the air, losing unpleasant odor after a few hours after installation.
- The fabric has no odor. Harmful substances in this material are not contained at all.
Are ceilings harmful (video)
If you care about your family's health and friends, do not save time and money on the choice of materials, which are planning more than one year to live. Ask questions to representatives of the selected companies, requires documentation says. If you are careful enough and picky, then be sure to check reviews of the company's work. By following these rules, you do not have to worry about the health of the installation and operation of suspended ceilings.