From what we can make a ceiling on the balcony
A wide selection and variety of material for finishing the ceiling, allows to realize your any design decision in realnostShiroky choice of finishing materials allows to realize almost any design ideas. For finishing the balcony, you can use almost any building materials. Some of them even in the case can be used if the balcony is not heated. For example, on a cold balcony you can install PVC panels, metal lath or gypsum board.
Plastic ceiling and balconies loggias
Panels made of PVC - one of the most expensive and durable materials. wall of the balcony can also be trimmed if desired, by such panels. Plastic panels can even be mounted on an open balcony. Before sheathing PVC ceiling panels you need to build the frame.
Crate under the plastic ceiling, can be constructed of timber or metal profiles. Experts recommend using metal profiles, as pieces of wood rot. In addition, the metal product does not accumulate fungus or mold.
of PVC panel is very durable, they can be installed even in the open balconies
How to install plastic ceilings:
- Secure the starter profile.
- When dowels help commit the UD-profile.
- Attach the sheathing fastening bar.
- Slide the first panel. For its fixation used starting profile and self-tapping screws.
- Install the remaining panels.
- Once you have sheathed the entire frame with plastic panels, install decorative moldings and fixtures.
Gypsum ceiling paneling as a balcony
Headlining the loggia drywall is probably the best solution. Make a ceiling of gypsum boards with their own hands is a snap. First you need to even out the surface of the base and remove the remains of plaster and paint, and then begin to install the battens.
If the ceiling on a balcony occurs, you should use moisture-resistant gypsum board, as it does not deform when exposed to moisture. In addition, moisture plasterboard sheets stronger.
Gypsum ceiling looks great on the balcony, in addition it is easy to assemble
Installation technology of gypsum boards on the ceiling:
- Install the guide profiles.
- Drill holes for the dowels.
- Secure the UD-profile with dowels.
- Install ceiling profiles for fixing the product, use an anchor.
- Trim the edges of the gypsum board using stationery knife.
- Secure the plasterboard on lathing. Remember that between adjacent sheets must remain a small gap (about 3-4 mm).
- Zashpaklyuyte seams between the sheets.
- Apply the finish plaster or paint.
- Install lighting fixtures and ceiling moldings.
How to make a ceiling lining on the balcony
Often, new ceiling trim on the balcony with a plastic lining. This lining not only looks nice, but is also very practical. It is worth noting that to install the plastic linings is not necessary if the balcony is not heated or in the loggia are not set window.
Before starting the installation, you need to clean the base surface of old plaster or paint. Cracks desirable to seal the acrylic sealant. After the sealer dries, you can begin the installation.
The ceilings of plastic lining suitable only for heating or indoor balconies
Installation of siding is carried out in the following order:
- Drill holes for the wooden block screws.
- Apply a varnish or paint sticks.
- Attach the rods to the ceiling. For fixing the frame using dowels.
- If necessary, place them under the bars stiffeners.
- With the help of a stapler fasten the baseboard or L-shaped profile.
- Install the battens. One end of the lining to be inserted into the baseboard and the other fixed on the crate by means of staples.
- Similarly, the following panels are installed.
- After the end of the installation need to be washed with soap and water bunk and install lights.
Waterproofing of the ceiling on the small balcony of their own hands
If the ceiling is flowing on the balcony, you will need to seal the room. You also need to necessarily seal the floor. Otherwise, on the balcony can form harmful condensation or mold.
When waterproofing the ceiling must be the same make and with the floor on the balcony
V can be used as a waterproofing material:
- Penetrating compositions. Waterproofing cold rooms should be made, with the help of this material. Penetrating compositions - a versatile and most reliable waterproofing material.
- Spray compositions. Perfectly suited paint and emulsion, which include rubber or bitumen.
- Wood banding materials. They are made of polyethylene or fiberglass roofing. Wood banding materials are rarely used, since the cost is very expensive.
For waterproofing balconies best use of penetrating compounds. Apply the mixture on the ceiling is necessary in several layers. On the first day after application of the composition penetrating the ceiling be sprayed with water. This procedure will help to avoid the appearance of cracks in the coating.
What do the ceiling in the loggia with a limited budget
Make a beautiful ceiling of the balcony can be even with a limited budget. In this case, as the surfacing material is best used in the foam plate. They can be installed on the cold balcony, provided that you apply to the base surface of the waterproofing layer.
Foam - the cheapest material for finishing the ceiling on a balcony, and many consider it the best option for the interior of the premises
Polyurethane tile - the perfect solution for balconies, both with high and with low ceilings. Before installing the tiles you need to apply a primer to the ceiling or seal cracks.
Mounting polyurethane tiles in the following order:
- Apply the adhesive composition on the tile. It is best to apply the adhesive composition of the dot.
- Attach the tiles to the ceiling and press it. Once you put the tiles, wait a few minutes. Short extracts help better grab adhesive.
- Install the remaining tiles in the same way.
- Attach decorative molding. It will help you to hide the gap between the wall and the ceiling.
- Treat tile acrylic sealant.
What other design options ceiling on the balcony there
There are multiple options for finishing the ceiling in the balcony. If you do not want to install a suspended fabric, drywall or polyurethane tile, you can simply paint the surface. For painting the ceiling is best to use the facade, as they do not crack under the influence of low temperatures.
Plastic or aluminum slats - practical, durable, strong, neat, beautiful and reliable material for finishing the ceiling on a balcony
If you decide to paint the ceiling, you will need to make a preliminary surface preparation. It is recommended to degrease and clean the dust from the ceiling. Also must be applied to the base surface of the primer layer.
For finishing the ceiling is also possible to use a rack panels. They can be installed only on the heated balcony. Rack panels are usually made of materials that do not corrode.
The technology Ceiling installation of the rails:
- Attach the corner profile to the wall. For fixing using dowels.
- Install guide. To fix the guide, use the hangers.
- Fix the panel on the crate. Fixing is carried out using the "tongue and groove" system.
- After all racks will be installed, attach the decorative moldings and fixtures.
Installing ceiling plastic panels on the balcony (video)
Repair ceiling on a balcony can be made using different materials. Each of them has its own features and benefits. Undoubtedly, better surfacing materials are gypsum boards and panels of polyvinyl chloride. These materials are the most durable and practical. In addition, gypsum board and plastic ceiling easiest to install. Alternatively, you can resort to the use of metal rods, polyurethane plates, plastic siding or masonry paint.
What do the ceiling in the balcony (photo)