Fixing plasterboard to the wall without a profile: 4 rules
Attach the drywall to the wall without a profile completely vozmozhnoGipsokarton is a finishing material, consisting of two layers of special hard cardboard or special paper, between which there is a plaster with special fillers that increase its strength. Thickness, as well as different sizes of sheets of drywall, the most common thickness, which is often used in the construction of 9.5 mm and 12.5 mm. Advantages of this material is that it does not have a pungent odor, does not carry electric current, as well as certain types of gypsum board have a certain resistance to moisture and a certain resistance to high temperatures.
How to fix the drywall to the wall without profiles and sheathing
Traditionally for fastening sheets of drywall to the surface of a metallic or wooden profile bars, which are attached via screws drywall sheets. But there are means by which sheets of plasterboard can be fastened to the surface without the use of metal or wooden frame. Fastening drywall sheets in this case by means of adhesive mixtures, the surface to which the sheets are to be attached should be aligned and free from various impurities.
Attach the drywall to the wall without a profile batten and possibly via the adhesive mixtures
- Before applying the adhesive mixtures on the surface to be done using chalk markings if planned installation sockets, switches, lamps, etc., it is necessary to previously perform electrical work.
- The adhesive mixture was diluted according to the instruction, after applied onto the surface of gypsum board or on a wall in accordance with the marking in a staggered manner. The distance between each "lozenge" should be 35 - 40 cm and a diameter of about 10 - 15 cm The edges mixture was applied to a continuous thin strip..
- After application of glue mixture to the surface of the sheet is pressed, it must keep pressed tightly around 30 minutes. In order to more evenly distributed adhesive mixture should be much more time to spend on a wide drywall board.
- When installing GKL to the wall should leave a gap between the floor and ceiling. From the ground clearance should be 1 - 2 cm from the ceiling 5 mm - 1 cm.
Recommendations: how to fasten drywall to the wall without a profile, if the walls are not aligned
In some cases, the finishing work is not possible to align the wall for different reasons and in this case it is necessary to fix the sheets GCR to unaligned walls.
To get all neatly and accurately should be fixed drywall in the following manner:
- GCR sheet is applied to the wall with an electric drill with a thin make a few holes in the sheet, so that left marks on the wall.
- In the wall at the site of drilled holes and markings dowels are inserted on the same sheet of gypsum board in the region 10 - 15 cm from the caved bonded foam or penofol. These stickers when fixing sheet GKL will play the role of original springs.
- GCR sheet is applied to the wall, then it into the drilled holes are screwed screws which fix the sheet on the surface of the GCR.
- Alignment plasterboard sheets is performed using level by tightening or loosening screws.
Attach drywall to the wall are not aligned possibly with the help of self-tapping screws
When all the drywall sheets are aligned to be next to each of the screw at a distance of 3-5 mm plasterboard using drills for wood or drywall special drills to drill holes with a diameter of about 5 millimeters.
These holes have to upload the foam core, which will be the primary locking element. But pump with caution, as large amounts of foam can bend sheet. It also should control plate level with a spirit level. When the foam has hardened completely, it is possible to unscrew the screws and putty the holes, you can sometimes leave the screws, but they should be screwed level and subsequently their heads and putty.
Can I drywall is attached directly to the wall without the use of additional materials
When decoration is widely used gypsum boards, which are often referred to as drywall. When decorating a room, such plates can be attached directly to the wall, without the burden of additional construction designs. In some cases, attachment directly to the wall is the only possible embodiment, for example, if the walls are made of silicate blocks.
Before installation on the wall to make the layout with chalk, as well as with the help of a spirit level and plumb determine irregularities of the walls or other surfaces.
Too uneven walls, you can make special beacons of thin twine stretched on driven into the wall studs. On the wall at the level of stretched cords applied glue mixture, in some cases, can be used cutting drywall, glued to the walls. After drying, the adhesive mixture may be attempting to install.
Mount the drywall to the wall, you can use adhesive mass
- Plates should be cut into the desired dimensions after each plate should be attached to the wall in the place where it should be. This will determine whether the correct cut boards and whether they will lie perfectly flush to the surface.
- On the wall or on the sheet of plasterboard adhesive mass is applied by a toothed staples, distance between "cakes" adhesive weight is 10-15 cm;
- After the sheet is applied to the wall and held for half an hour, to align the plates with one another should be gently tapping a rubber mallet.
Adhered plates on walls should leave gaps between the ceiling plates and about 5 mm, and between the floor plates and about a centimeter. After final drying putty is applied to the joints between the slabs.
Ways to fasten drywall to the wall without a profile in a wooden structure
Sometimes you need to align the walls or to give a more finished look of the room in a wooden house, but you should know that you can not immediately after the construction of houses or other buildings of logs or bursa fasten drywall. Since the house shrinks, and sheathing wooden structure inside is recommended for at least a year after construction.
Before you fasten drywall to the wall in a wooden structure, you must fully prepare room
Before you start to sheathe plasterboard wall or ceiling, it is necessary to perform a number of finishing works:
- Carry out wiring, mark the place for the installation of sockets and switches, remove all the sinters resin from the tree. If tar stains are not removed, they should be hollow.
- Remove irregularities tree sostrogat a plane or saw.
- If there is a curvature of the wall, then it is further secured wooden lining.
- Thereafter plasterboards fastened to wooden surfaces by using wood screws countersunk caps subsequently zashpaklovyvayut holes from screws.
Doing the right thing: the installation of drywall to the wall without a profile (video)
All drywall installation process must be monitored by level. If there is a slight deviation, it can be adjusted with the filler. You should also leave a gap between the floor and ceiling, which can then be repaired decorative baseboards.