Finishing the ceiling in the garage with his hands
For finishing the ceiling in the garage is better to use plywood or PVC paneliChem best to decorate the ceiling in the garage? For finishing the ceiling with his hands it is recommended to use plywood or PVC panels. These materials are relatively inexpensive and easy to care for. Remember that the quality of finishing the ceiling keeping your vehicle will depend. That is why the installer strictly according to instructions.
The ceiling can be hemmed in the garage
The hem The ceiling in the garage? Ceiling can sheathe using plywood. This material is versatile and easy. In addition, plywood is an organic material. Before you begin, it is necessary to choose the right kind of plywood. It is recommended to give preference to materials with high moisture resistance. They add special melamine resins.
Finishing the ceiling plywood begins with the cleaning of the ceiling. You need to clean the surface of the wallpaper and paint residues. If there are irregularities in the ceiling, remove them with a sealant or putty mixture.
Finishing the ceiling in the garage can be done using plywood, before that cleanse the ceiling and eliminating irregularities
Filing ceiling plywood carried out in this order:
- Install the wooden crate. Attach it to the ceiling using the necessary screws.
- Pin veneer sheet to the frame.
- Align the fabric and secure it with screws.
- Eliminate the gap between the ceiling and walls with a wooden plinth. If desired, can be applied to the field joint filler.
What should be the height of the ceiling in the garage
According to the SNIP, the ceiling height in the garage should be at least 2 meters. However, in order to feel comfortable in the garage, you need to slightly raise the ceiling. If you plan to sheathe plywood ceiling, the ceiling height should be at least 2.5 meters.
When calculating the optimum ceiling height must be taken into account:
- vehicle height.
- Free clearance. Usually taken 200-300 millimeters.
- A place to put lighting.
- The height of the elements of an automatic gate.
If you use a sectional door, the optimal ceiling height - 2300 millimeters. In the case where you have an SUV, the height of the room should be no less than 2,700 millimeters.
The height of the ceiling in the garage depends on the vehicle height, space for lighting and the height of the elements of an automatic gate.
Keeping the boat in a metal garage provides for increasing the height of the ceiling. In addition, the need to clean the boat from the sand and mud. After that, it is necessary to wash with warm water and dry thoroughly. Remember that the inflatable should not be close in relation to the heating devices.
Teploizoliruem ceiling in the garage with his hands
Many people notice that the ceiling in the garage, "crying." Why is this happening? Experts argue that the overlap of sweat due to the fact that the condensate is formed on the surface. Properly made heat insulation will help to get rid of this problem.
Make insulation in the garage, you can use:
- Mineral wool.
If you have a garage metal ceiling, it is advisable to use a foil materials. Secure can be by means of staples or glue. It is desirable to strengthen the foil material on the frame of the sheeting.
To carry out the garage ceiling insulation is possible by means of foam, glass wool or mineral wool
The algorithm finishes ceiling foam:
- Apply glue to the material.
- Then apply the material to the ceiling.
- Secure the foam plugs.
- Eliminate the gap formed at the junction of the ceiling and walls. Pour the gaps with foam possible.
- Trim the ceiling plaster.
If you choose to use as insulation mineral wool or fiberglass, it is necessary to lay the material between profiles. Then you need to sheathe PVC paneled ceiling.
What can paint the ceiling in the garage
Paint the ceiling in the garage can be water-based paint. This material is stable and practical. Remember that it is not recommended to apply water-based paint on the wet ceiling.
Before you begin, you need to clean the ceiling surface from dirt and residues of finishing materials. This can be done by means of a building trowel. In addition, prior to the application of paint is recommended to vacuum the ceiling.
After cleaning and aligning the ceiling in the garage it can be painted with latex paint several times
Ceiling painting made in 4 steps:
- Apply the plaster on the ceiling and plaster.
- Then, using a spirit level, try to align the ceiling.
- Apply a second layer on the surface of fillers and primer.
- Proceed with staining the ceiling. To do this, use a roller. Hard to reach places, you can paint with a brush. It is desirable to produce a paint layer 2-3.
What else can you do the ceiling in the garage
For finishing the ceiling in the garage, you can use plasterboard and floorings. To establish such a structure is very simple. Remember that for the cladding frame recommended drywall 9.5 millimeters thick.
If the garage increased humidity, for plating use moisture-resistant gypsum board, as it is not subject to deformation. This material is processed by a specialized staff. Moisture resistant gypsum board has a greenish tint.
Plasterboard and corrugated board are well suited for finishing the ceiling in the garage
Sequence assembly structure:
- Attach the guide profile. For fixing parts it is desirable to use screws or dowels.
- Set the rack profiles and insert the guides.
- Secure the hangers. These details will increase the rigidity of the structure.
- Then proceed to drywall cracks under the lights.
- Obsheyte frame gypsum boards. Use self-tapping screws for fixing material.
- At joints fabric glue grid-serpyanku.
- Apply the plaster on the ceiling.
- Oshkurte surface with sandpaper.
- Apply on the surface of the primer and paint.
Finishing the ceiling in the garage plastic panels (video)
There are many ways of finishing the ceiling in the garage. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. For covering the ceiling it is recommended to give preference to drywall or plywood. These materials are more practical than PVC panel. After plating the ceiling must be applied to the surface of water-based paints. Alternatively, you can use acrylic paint. If you notice that the ceiling in the garage is wet, be sure to insulate the room. As the heat insulating material is recommended to use a foam or mineral wool.